2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

How do you know that? And what was the reason?

Heard Ribeiro rejected a contract as he wanted to leave England but nothing about Ameobi.

I heard he was offered a contract and turned it down; he then picked up a mysterious injury and refused to play in the last half dozen games.

No idea what the reason was, I would assume he had a new Club lined up.

Sow's agent played a blinder; Sow could have walked in January, provided it was to a foreign Club.

His Agent allowed the discussions to go on until the end of January; when he found out he was not getting a new deal it was too late to move.

Struggling to think of a better free player we've had, he earned us a fair few points and was more good than bad. Without him involved at the end of the season we created very little. That unpredictable quality is a useful thing to have, and considering how predictable most of our other attacking players are seems silly to not have kept him. Get another uncle Albert type in who's legs have gone to replace him, or rely too much on Mighten and shatter his confidence?

Roy Keane -60k, adjust for inflation and Cobr Ramblers paid us to have him

Ridiculous

Other than Garner and Krav he was our only really decent player last season

We should have tried to keep him
Behave..he’s like the championship version of Dominic I need 10 chances for 1 shot Calvert Lewin

his flashes of brilliance are 5% compared to 95% 60 yard shots/shit passes and general all round dogshit

don’t get me wrong he’s not on his own but if we ever want to push promotion places then we need more consistent players

Key signing for us will be a strong/fit central midfielder who can control a game

sow was great when fit and we missed watson when he left

arter should have been that piece but fucked it

Behave..he’s like the championship version of Dominic I need 10 chances for 1 shot Calvert Lewin

his flashes of brilliance are 5% compared to 95% 60 yard shots/shit passes and general all round dogshit

don’t get me wrong he’s not on his own but if we ever want to push promotion places then we need more consistent players

One in 5 last season :p

He was a good player in this division but couldn’t make the step up and had a lot of injuries as well.

Didn’t manage a game last season...

Players refusing to play speaks well of squad togetherness.

What utter gibberish.

It speaks of nothing other than selfishness of the individuals concerned.

This togetherness you speak of; how prevalent do you think it is at any Club?

Do you honestly think that there is one utopian Club out there where all the players get on famously?

That Club does not exist.

If anything there will be higher levels of backbiting and jealousy than in any typical workplace; and the better the Club is doing the worse it gets.

You do not have to go too far back and you find a highly successful forward pairing who did not speak to each other, on the pitch or off, and they won countless trophies.

What utter gibberish.

It speaks of nothing other than selfishness of the individuals concerned.

This togetherness you speak of; how prevalent do you think it is at any Club?

Do you honestly think that there is one utopian Club out there where all the players get on famously?

That Club does not exist.

If anything there will be higher levels of backbiting and jealousy than in any typical workplace; and the better the Club is doing the worse it gets.

You do not have to go too far back and you find a highly successful forward pairing who did not speak to each other, on the pitch or off, and they won countless trophies.

They played for each other though, did we last season?

They played for each other though, did we last season?

Ameobi was one of the players who refused to play; are you seriously questioning his application up until those last six games?

If the team had not played for each other last season we would have been relegated; if anything team spirit helped us pull through.

You are looking for reasons for last seasons failings which do not exist; bad preparation, injuries and loss of confidence was more than enough to explain what went wrong.