2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

I will be shocked if he doesn't return. Man U will be going for a high profile central midfielder to replace Fred
They have Norwich and Brighton interested and there’s the option of a foreign loan. Unless they want him to get a full season at Championship level there’s little chance he will be back.

They have Norwich and Brighton interested and there’s the option of a foreign loan. Unless they want him to get a full season at Championship level there’s little chance he will be back.

Yeah, I suspect they would want to see what he's like playing with players that are able to make runs for him to pass to.

Yeah, I suspect they would want to see what he's like playing with players that are able to make runs for him to pass to.
I think they may want to see him take a step up too, either to a top Championship side or a reasonable top tier side.

If he can get over his injury problems he's still a useful player, he was just showing glimpses before he got injured. I hope they don't rush him back if he's not ready.

It’s utter madness not to have given Ameobi a contract. He’s easily our biggest threat other than Lolley when he’s on song, and whilst that’s not 100% of the time, that’s what you get at championship level - if you get it consistently, it costs you millions or they play in the premier league, like Antonio. given our rebuild, we won’t have millions for a winger.

He’s unpredictable, can turn a game on its head out of nowhere and every team needs a player like that.

He didn’t need to be the main man next year, but an excellent option and free with cheap wages!!!! I assumed it was a no brainer. Feel like unless somebody’s outstanding every game in those forward positions, some fans just don’t want to know and don’t like them. I don’t get it.

Struggling to think of a better free player we've had, he earned us a fair few points and was more good than bad. Without him involved at the end of the season we created very little. That unpredictable quality is a useful thing to have, and considering how predictable most of our other attacking players are seems silly to not have kept him. Get another uncle Albert type in who's legs have gone to replace him, or rely too much on Mighten and shatter his confidence?

It’s utter madness not to have given Ameobi a contract. He’s easily our biggest threat other than Lolley when he’s on song, and whilst that’s not 100% of the time, that’s what you get at championship level - if you get it consistently, it costs you millions or they play in the premier league, like Antonio. given our rebuild, we won’t have millions for a winger.

He’s unpredictable, can turn a game on its head out of nowhere and every team needs a player like that.

He didn’t need to be the main man next year, but an excellent option and free with cheap wages!!!! I assumed it was a no brainer. Feel like unless somebody’s outstanding every game in those forward positions, some fans just don’t want to know and don’t like them. I don’t get it.

Ameobi may well have joined us as a free transfer, but it was a 1 year contract initially - with a performance based clause to extend by 12 months, with payrise.

At the time, we were in or just out of that first lockdown, so when triggered, he happily allowed said clause to be implemented.

We offered another 1 year extension late 2020, early 2021 - but, he's been free to talk to other clubs since January.

Derby we're very keen (genuinely) and there were some at Forest that thought he'd stay another year, but clearly not.

If a player is out of contract and wants to go, just like Yuri - there is nothing we can do other than offer daft money and that's just not viable given our position (& indeed most other UK based clubs outside of EPL).

Ameobi may well have joined us as a free transfer, but it was a 1 year contract initially - with a performance based clause to extend by 12 months, with payrise.

At the time, we were in or just out of that first lockdown, so when triggered, he happily allowed said clause to be implemented.

We offered another 1 year extension late 2020, early 2021 - but, he's been free to talk to other clubs since January.

Derby we're very keen (genuinely) and there were some at Forest that thought he'd stay another year, but clearly not.

If a player is out of contract and wants to go, just like Yuri - there is nothing we can do other than offer daft money and that's just not viable given our position (& indeed most other UK based clubs outside of EPL).

Do we know that he didn’t want to stay?