The European Championship ‘21 | Page 2 | Vital Football

The European Championship ‘21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very harsh on Moura. I am certainly a big critic of his but he undoubtedly has shown so much more for us than Chadli ever did or has done since leaving.

He hasn't shown much more at all. His stats are terrible for an attacking player, especially the assists since he joined. Probably on a par, but without the quality on the ball.

Last season, Moura had 51 appearances and had 8 goals and 5 assists. Over 30 of them were starts. That was his best season. He has his uses, but his touch, vision and end product is nowhere near Chadli's.

Saying that, I don't blame Chadli for managing his career away from Spurs. He wasn't quite getting in the starting line-up but would have been a solid squad player had he stayed.

That's funny, I said exactly that to the friend I was watching it with.

Filled me with dread, another waste of a generation coming up.

My England mate (Swindon fan) was defending Southgate over Ben White this morning. He said he'd done well to promote him into the senior setup so quickly and get him in the Euro squad. I then mentioned that he's 24 in the autumn and most of us had been raving about him as a Leeds and Brighton player for 2 seasons. Southgate probably doesn't go to those games.

I can't believe they're entrusting Southgate with our golden generation.

My England mate (Swindon fan) was defending Southgate over Ben White this morning. He said he'd done well to promote him into the senior setup so quickly and get him in the Euro squad. I then mentioned that he's 24 in the autumn and most of us had been raving about him as a Leeds and Brighton player for 2 seasons. Southgate probably doesn't go to those games.

I can't believe they're entrusting Southgate with our golden generation.

and when he screws up, they'll keep him on for being a 'good' failure..

gggrrrrrrrr.

That's funny, I said exactly that to the friend I was watching it with.

Filled me with dread, another waste of a generation coming up.

Why would Southgate promote his forwards to press if he has Kane as his No1 forward and he cannot do the quick press? He would be asking 2 forwards to do too much work. I at least understand the sacrifice to include Kane is to accept that there will be slow, turgid, half hearted press.

JM was no mug. He saw that Kane is incapable of doing that now and you either pack the team full of players who are fit, athletic and able to compensate or you pack it with WC players who can maintain posession and offer Kane the ability to relax and do whatever he likes. Unfortunately Spurs are unable to do either (No money to change things) so we are shit. Its looking like England, with dynamic players who would normally be able to press now find they are held back by a manager like Southgate who is unable to have a plan B for the team.

I am not looking forward to this tournament. It could be a disaster......

Why would Southgate promote his forwards to press if he has Kane as his No1 forward and he cannot do the quick press? He would be asking 2 forwards to do too much work. I at least understand the sacrifice to include Kane is to accept that there will be slow, turgid, half hearted press.

JM was no mug. He saw that Kane is incapable of doing that now and you either pack the team full of players who are fit, athletic and able to compensate or you pack it with WC players who can maintain posession and offer Kane the ability to relax and do whatever he likes. Unfortunately Spurs are unable to do either (No money to change things) so we are shit. Its looking like England, with dynamic players who would normally be able to press now find they are held back by a manager like Southgate who is unable to have a plan B for the team.

Then you also have the issue that despite having all these spring chickens doing all the running/pressing, Kane will still drop deep and all the pundits will be asking the same old question. Seems even Southgate can't impose himself on Harry and let's him do whatever. I am afraid I got him down as our penalty taken which no doubt Sterling and Grealish are masters of winning them!

Not expecting Harry to be lifting a TEAM trophy under Gareth.

What is interesting is if we went back and watched the Spurs vs Man City game before Xmas. Kane covered every blade of grass, pressed all over the pitch and left it all out there. It was a superhuman effort. Probably the last time he did in a Spurs shirt. He also sprinted to shut the keeper down a couple of times against Austria last week.

I'm not buying this BS from Kane. Not being fast is nothing to do with not being able to do the high press. The biggest thing he needs to do is correct a bad attitude that formed during last season. He's been playing in 3rd gear for too long and I was pleased to see that finally guys like Roy Keane are noticing it. I'm hoping Southgate keeps giving him the hook until he gets the message. He's 27, not 37.

Got to Laugh .
Tournament hasnt even started yet and Rashford has said we can Spark it into life !
Doesn’t say a lot for the others , does it !

Its a rallying cry....there will always be an Engerland ha ha

Usually its the media saying pre tournament...'We can win this' but they have wised up over the years of false expectation...so now the players seem to have started to try to big us up...what I have seen so far, we aint got a squiddly!

Last edited:
Guillem Ballague. His tweet this week:

Those that boo players taking the knee simply DO NOT GET it is a gesture asking for equality They feel threatened, gesture does not represent them, etc Problem is... we have reached The Time to take a stand, one way or the other. Up to you.

A couple of great responses.......

I think if they stood or had a minutes silence it would be respected. The knee is a symbol of BLM, a political organisation that has a very divisive, overtly Marxist ideology. Not one person ever booed Kick it Out. If they made this one tweek the boos would end.

Have you asked anyone why they do it? Engaged in conversation to get everyone's perspective? No you haven't. You are one part of the problem and judging people with no explanation or talk. People solve problems by talking and not judging.

Here’s a novel thought, maybe just maybe those people booing do “get it” but just don’t agree with it...

Have a feeling the BLM booing debate is going to be a massive theme in these Euro's. I'm going to the 3 Wembley games. I won't boo, but I don't endorse the FA not listening to the objections of non-racist, intelligent fans who don't want politics in football.

What's everyone else's take on it?

Those that boo players taking the knee simply DO NOT GET it is a gesture asking for equality They feel threatened, gesture does not represent them, etc Problem is... we have reached The Time to take a stand, one way or the other. Up to you.

I think if they stood or had a minutes silence it would be respected. The knee is a symbol of BLM, a political organisation that has a very divisive, overtly Marxist ideology. Not one person ever booed Kick it Out. If they made this one tweek the boos would end.

Have you asked anyone why they do it? Engaged in conversation to get everyone's perspective? No you haven't. You are one part of the problem and judging people with no explanation or talk. People solve problems by talking and not judging.

Here’s a novel thought, maybe just maybe those people booing do “get it” but just don’t agree with it...

Have a feeling the BLM booing debate is going to be a massive theme in these Euro's. I'm going to the 3 Wembley games. I won't boo, but I don't endorse the FA not listening to the objections of non-racist, intelligent fans who don't want politics in football.

What bothers me is the link with a political leaning and racist/non-racist stances.

Also, cultural bias around the world has always been present. How many senior black or white executives are in Asian companies? Why do people drive Asian cars based on these stats?

However, there isn't any doubt opportunity is not equal in most of the G7 nations and this, and the education system from top to bottom, needs to be fixed.

Trump's stupidity has backfired. Equal rights are moving in the right direction, still a long way to go but at least it's moving this time.

Well muttley if I was going to the England I would be one of the loudest Booing, I just do not agree with "taking the knee", other than standing for Bloody Looting Murders lot, it is detrimental to why any of us do "take the knee" swearing allegiance say or proposing to ones hopefully future spouse.
For me to show "all equal" stand in a circle, therefore nobody is ahead, ie Knights of the round table.

What bothers me is the link with a political leaning and racist/non-racist stances.

Also, cultural bias around the world has always been present. How many senior black or white executives are in Asian companies? Why do people drive Asian cars based on these stats?

However, there isn't any doubt opportunity is not equal in most of the G7 nations and this, and the education system from top to bottom, needs to be fixed.

Trump's stupidity has backfired. Equal rights are moving in the right direction, still a long way to go but at least it's moving this time.
I think you are right there, as in Equal rights are moving in the right direction, but there is a but there, how many people are getting what they get because they are Female, Non-white, Homosexual, as in box ticking, where peops are afraid to get called an ism or an ist, thus not really because they are the best at what they do, it is just a question.

The key issue is simple; taking the knee was an overt act for an overtly Marxist organization and was in response to the deaths of Black people by their police.

It doesn't and hasn't traveled well.

I would much rather everyone clapped to show their support for the equality movement.

Worthy as the bending of the knee may be, its origination has nothing to do with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.