Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 21 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

He needs to stop embarrassing himself and save the tweeting until the deals are done and announced. Or he’s going to look like a real tit down the line and more importantly make us look like complete tits.

He's unlikely to start teasing announcing something until he has the deal done. So it's just trying to get people hyped up and talking.

I bet he has a few deals done that he is planning to announce spread out one at a time rather than all at once to build excitement - it's good use of social media to market.

I don't think he's teasing Fraser yet as it doesn't appear we've got to that point with it.

Can't really see where he is embarrassing himself,He is having banter with fans on Twitter and good for him on that!Would you prefer to go back to the silence of the HK mafia or have a Chairman who obviously enjoys the Craic with the fans?I don't really think he is the one making embarrassing comments to be honest
There's a healthy medium which David Sharpe mastered. Unfortunately this doughnut is going the same way as Lee Anderson and that ended very well for our friends down the road. Must be a son in law thing, desperate for attention and laps up the adulation.

There's a healthy medium which David Sharpe mastered. Unfortunately this doughnut is going the same way as Lee Anderson and that ended very well for our friends down the road. Must be a son in law thing, desperate for attention and laps up the adulation.
Wonder what the "C" stands for in your name ??

I think you are over thinking it - he's not making elaborate promises he can't keep, he's just putting little clues up about things happening to get a buzz going amongst the fans and it's working.

As long as he has the signings in the bag before he teases them and he's sensible enough not to over promise then i think what he's doing is the way you should do it - to get more fan engagement. He's not failed to deliver anything yet, so at least let him get something wrong before critasising.

MK Dons sounding like they feel they are not expecting to be Grigg's first choice saying they don't have as much control over this one as other targets and they have alternatives to fill the void left by Grigg - according to this in the Sunderland press. Link below.

Wigan Athletic handed potential Will Grigg deal boost as Sunderland striker eyed for summer transfer | Sunderland Echo

I've seen absolutely nothing about Tom Pearce to Ipswich anywhere, so i'm thinking if was true that was genuinely about to happen it probably would've gained some steam with a credible source by now.

Another thing i noticed was Johnston said something like Bolton 'made me feel wanted, which was huge for me' in his interview. It would be a strange comment to make if we also had offered him a deal and he opted for them. It could be something and nothing but it did sound like he was hinting we didn't offer him a deal.

MK Dons sounding like they feel they are not expecting to be Grigg's first choice saying they don't have as much control over this one as other targets and they have alternatives to fill the void left by Grigg - according to this in the Sunderland press. Link below.

Wigan Athletic handed potential Will Grigg deal boost as Sunderland striker eyed for summer transfer | Sunderland Echo

I've seen absolutely nothing about Tom Pearce to Ipswich anywhere, so i'm thinking if was true that was genuinely about to happen it probably would've gained some steam with a credible source by now.

Another thing i noticed was Johnston said something like Bolton 'made me feel wanted, which was huge for me' in his interview. It would be a strange comment to make if we also had offered him a deal and he opted for them. It could be something and nothing but it did sound like he was hinting we didn't offer him a deal.
He is just probably pissed off richardson did not make him the offer he was hoping for

'Apparently' Bolton offered GJ 1 year more on the contract than we did, at only age 22 - I find it a bit strange from our perspective - surely a 3 year deal (instead of 2) would have a been better for us? ***only a rumour - not from an official source ***

'Apparently' Bolton offered GJ 1 year more on the contract than we did, at only age 22 - I find it a bit strange from our perspective - surely a 3 year deal (instead of 2) would have a been better for us? ***only a rumour - not from an official source ***

I wonder if the deal with Whatmough is the key to this.

A player of a similar age, but with vastly more league experience and a similar style of play may have been a more tempting to LR.

I would still have liked to have seen GJ with us but again I wonder if he got the taste for regular football and with the signing of Whatmough we couldn't offer him that and took the offer from the trotters.

Shame really because I thought he did have a degree of talent and a desire to get stuck in and was a real boost last season but the decision has been made and I wish him well, but obviously not when he plays against us this season. Good luck George.

Will grigg in a interview wigan is my heart club ,and wont rule out a move back someday
I did not really want to leave wigan

Will grigg in a interview wigan is my heart club ,and wont rule out a move back someday
I did not really want to leave wigan

But the flip side to that is he could've come back in January and went to MK instead. So i don't think it's a certainty, but i do think he'll probably end up back here though.

But the flip side to that is he could've come back in January and went to MK instead. So i don't think it's a certainty, but i do think he'll probably end up back here though.
Could he have come back in January beiing realistic we where in a shyte state back then financialy

I wonder if the deal with Whatmough is the key to this.

A player of a similar age, but with vastly more league experience and a similar style of play may have been a more tempting to LR.

I would still have liked to have seen GJ with us but again I wonder if he got the taste for regular football and with the signing of Whatmough we couldn't offer him that and took the offer from the trotters.

Shame really because I thought he did have a degree of talent and a desire to get stuck in and was a real boost last season but the decision has been made and I wish him well, but obviously not when he plays against us this season. Good luck George.

Nixon said we were in for an other centre half other than Whatmough - that's not to say we didn't offer a contract to Johnston as a third centre half.

I'm not sure if that centre half would've been Tilt or not, but i can't imagine us not trying to get him back or go for an upgrade as the Swindon game showed without him the whole defence collapsed.

So i think it's safe to say if Johnston was offered a contract he'd have been 3rd choice behind at least Whatmough and Tilt / his replacement.

Could he have come back in January beiing realistic we where in a shyte state back then financialy

Apparently yes - there were interviews done at the end of January (Stanley certainly mentioned it and i think Richardson maybe too) where they said we matched the package Oxford, MK, Shrewsbury, etc put on the table but he chose MK.

If he was offered 3 years, he would've almost certainly come back to us to see if we could better our offer and we would've known match it or let him go.

At his age if you really rated him enough to offer a 2 year deal i don't think you'd lose him for an extra year - so that combined with his comment about Bolton making him feel wanted makes me wonder if we didn't even offer a deal. When you look back Richardson had him and Whelan in, then immediately replaced them by bringing back Tilt and Wooton - considering we were short on squad spaces it was a bit strange to sign 4 centre halfs in quick succession unless you really didn't rate the first 2. So maybe Richardson didn't really rate him?

Linked with Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty on a free, he scored 13 goals in 13 games for Kilmarnock in the SPL last season before the club got relegated and he left.

He's approaching 34 - but he's a big effective target man that i've always quite liked when i've seen him. He's been linked with a load of clubs, some of which seem a bit of a stretch so it might just be agent talk trying to drum up interest. I think on a free and year contract he could be a decent shout as we desperately need that type forward to give us options.

Link below
Exclusive: West Brom, Birmingham, Derby, Ipswich among sides eyeing striker on free transfer | Football League World

Linked with Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty on a free, he scored 13 goals in 13 games for Kilmarnock in the SPL last season before the club got relegated and he left.

He's approaching 34 - but he's a big effective target man that i've always quite liked when i've seen him. He's been linked with a load of clubs, some of which seem a bit of a stretch so it might just be agent talk trying to drum up interest. I think on a free and year contract he could be a decent shout as we desperately need that type forward to give us options.

Link below
Exclusive: West Brom, Birmingham, Derby, Ipswich among sides eyeing striker on free transfer | Football League World
Not a hugely inspiring player to be linked with if I'm honest