Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 514 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Either you are way out of date with a desktop computer or you are way ahead of the curve with some super high tech computer. Since it took 30 minutes to boot up, I'm guessing it's the first one. Lol

Definitely the first one - Windows 8.1 so circa 2012/14 ish I guess.

Without omening myself, if today's boot up becomes regular and it is on its last legs, I can't really complain given the use it's had over the years.

Well my Virgin set top box is on the blink , and keeps rebooting about every 20 mins.

I am not happy. Was promised a new one on Thursday to be delivered on Friday , but it hasn't come yet.

Definitely the first one - Windows 8.1 so circa 2012/14 ish I guess.

Without omening myself, if today's boot up becomes regular and it is on its last legs, I can't really complain given the use it's had over the years.
If you need to change it Mike, have a look at the 'all in one'. No cumbersome towers to think about.

Last edited:
If you need to change it Mike, have a look at the 'all in one'. No lumber some towers to think about.

I'm old school, can't stand the all in one's, find them slow and clunky lol Also means I can't play and chop and change hardware to suit - or hook previous HD's up so I don't lose info.

Get a laptop, grandad.
Do people really still use those old desktop things, I'm shocked .
In my last 6 years at work I had a laptop docking station and 2 x24in screens
Mine you,I did have a CAD machine and another 2 screens as well but that was to run Catia.
Not bad for an old hunter and pecker like me. Seriously I consider myself totally useless on a computer compared with the kids of today

My lockdown annual leave this past 18 months has shown me that I will have no problems retiring .
It's tough financially but just doing nothing all day is one of lifes pleasures.
I still drive everywhere like my life depends on it, which is stupid as I have all day to get anywhere now, just old habits. I no longer wear a watch or bother about time but bloody hell it takes ages to get used to

Just back from a Safari....Tamworth town centre. If I go just after 09.00 them that are going to work are already there and the rest of the wild life are still asleep. So went to the cash point, did a bit of shopping in Farmfoods and got a proper loaf from the bread shop. (crusty bloomer) So bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast.

Do people really still use those old desktop things, I'm shocked .
In my last 6 years at work I had a laptop docking station and 2 x24in screens
Mine you,I did have a CAD machine and another 2 screens as well but that was to run Catia.
Not bad for an old hunter and pecker like me. Seriously I consider myself totally useless on a computer compared with the kids of today

We have desktops at the reception in work. Everyone else is on laptops. The only person I know that has a desktop at home is Fieldy.

We have desktops at the reception in work. Everyone else is on laptops. The only person I know that has a desktop at home is Fieldy.

And me.

Always found it easier when working full time on this business, to be on the main computer in the office (second bedroom) and then the chromebook for surfing and also, the lighter work, like checking forums.

And for my book, liked sitting at a proper desk.

Now I'm all but done though, I am 95% chromebook. Will keep the desktop because I am old school, I still buy cds, so have to transfer them then into itunes to get onto phone and ipod.

Morning. First day back at work today after a week on holiday.

Fair to say I'm finding it difficult to get motivated.

And me.

Always found it easier when working full time on this business, to be on the main computer in the office (second bedroom) and then the chromebook for surfing and also, the lighter work, like checking forums.

And for my book, liked sitting at a proper desk.

Now I'm all but done though, I am 95% chromebook. Will keep the desktop because I am old school, I still buy cds, so have to transfer them then into itunes to get onto phone and ipod.

Does old school mean odd git? :ROFLMAO:

I'm joking of course but the CD thing is baffling.