The Emi Buendia Thread | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

I'd be pretty bullish about him if we do sign him. Created loads of chances for a terrible Norwich side when they went down, looks to have a lot of quality about him and has recently broken into the Argentina squad.

I don't know half the players we are linked with, this one I do know, and have said a few times, (I agree with the theory you can't keep raiding the Championship for all your players if you want to push on) I think this would be a really good signing.

Decent player, bags of potential, could fit very well into our set up, probably not worth what we’re paying for him but the joy we’re all going to have seeing the meltdown in North London could be one to saviour. A couple of deluded muppets are already convinced it’s a sign that Grealish is heading in the opposite
direction:lol:....Pure gold!

I imagine Norwich will want to get it done so they can buy some players, apparently they have bought out Buendia's but out clause from his previous club so looks like he's going

As is often said "I won't believe it till he's holding up a a scarf at Villa Park". If the speculation is true I won't be too disappointed nor massively excited.

Buendia isn't the big "marquee" signing that many, including myself were hoping for. Though perhaps that will still come. He did well for a crap side in the Premier league and was the man in the championship last season. What we will need him to do is a level or 2 above that though. However just as Grealish would be even better at a man city with better players around him so Buendia will be better with Grealish, Ollie, Mcginn and whoever else we might sign around him.

What I do like (if this isn't bollocks obviously) is that we're acting decisively. We want a player. We've gone out and got him.

I don't think anyone is against signing him but we all have doubts about the fee. But it ain't my money so get it done

Personally I also feel it is higher than what we should be paying. But if we are really determined to get him and the other club would prefer to keep their player then we need to pay the asking price or look elsewhere. As I provided earlier, the JG example is the best, as we ourselves would make sure we get top dollar for Jack if we were in the same situation.

Arsenal are no longer that. Are you for or against the Buendia signing?
I haven’t seen him play enough to personally say but his stats seem good and player of the year in the championship. You can say Arsenal are not top 6 but they have been 8 out of the last 10. They want him. We want him. From reports we seem to have the upper hand. Not sure what Buendia wants himself.

I haven’t seen him play enough to personally say but his stats seem good and player of the year in the championship. You can say Arsenal are not top 6 but they have been 8 out of the last 10. They want him. We want him. From reports we seem to have the upper hand. Not sure what Buendia wants himself.

Arsenal are no longer what they once were yet they would be preferred by most players over joining Villa. Not 6 but top 8 yes is still not bad. I personally do not give a damn about where we sign players from and how much for. If they succeed here then that will determine whether we are getting our money's worth and not the transfer fee or the club we sign them from.