The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 116 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not worth 40 million though is he. We really shouldn’t be paying that for him .

And yes we will need a shed load of money , we will need to be willing to spend. That’s what i take (their words not mine) ‘big plans for the club’ to mean.

Mr F has long said that we think small time at AVFC. Are these owners the real deal. We will see. I’m told they are. Our current recruitment policy if it maintains from last season and the season before ongoing doesn’t suggest a real challenge top end of the table to me.
"Worth"? What does that even mean though? My house isn't worth what I paid for it - it's a relatively small pile of bricks with a roof on it, yet it was what I had to pay based on my situation, the market and where I wanted to be, so I bit my tongue and paid it. If Buendia puts up the kind of numbers he did during his PL season with Norwich last then based on all those moving factors he's almost certainly worth it to us.

I don't understand the rest of your argument other than it's "I disagree on this player", unless you think £40m is small-time, despite it being a third club record in as many summers.

I don't think £40m gets you 'proven quality' in an attacking position these days. Werner with nearly 40 caps for Germany and a great record over there cost like £50m and is clearly not very good and can't hit a barn door.

I'd take good improvements on our first team at this stage and I think Buendia represents that.

From my point of view the value of a player is what the selling club thinks he’s worth. If we don’t agree with their final price we move on. Jack’s a case in point. I see Man. U etc. fans say he isn’t worth £100m. He is to us so, if you want him pay up. And I know he isn’t going anywhere!
I haven’t seen much interest in Pereira from Albion on this thread. Have we discounted him?

if we are to buy him I hope we'll crack on and get it done rather than fanny around for ages.
then add a couple more and be ready to erm 'go again' next season.

35-40 mill is squad filler (if that) money these days for the big boys.
Leicester spent £40 mill odd on 19yr Fofana who'd played 20 odd games in France - guess you have the roll the dice from time to time.

Yes you are correct about them not buying from championship clubs to consolidate their top 6 positions, however they are in a position to be able to attract top talent financially AND by being established top 6 prem sides. We may be able to pay the big bucks to buy and in wages but as neutral I am certain no one in their right mind chooses Villa over Arsenal, Spurs or Everton. A team 3 seasons back was in the Championship, the next season survived prem relegation and just this season finished 11. There is progress undeniably but is it enough to convince the kind of player you want us to sign, Nah !
Didn't Liverplop get their centre half from Preston or somewhere similar?

Championship is very similar to PL in physicality and intensity so much better off buying a player from there instead of foreign big names that likes of Manure and Liverpool have lately that barely kick a ball and get farmed off. Minamono Daniel James Van der Beek or whoever. Most of best PL signings last few years have come from Championship and if you don't realise you've got blinders on

From my point of view the value of a player is what the selling club thinks he’s worth. If we don’t agree with their final price we move on. Jack’s a case in point. I see Man. U etc. fans say he isn’t worth £100m. He is to us so, if you want him pay up. And I know he isn’t going anywhere!
I haven’t seen much interest in Pereira from Albion on this thread. Have we discounted him?
Exactly. Clubs can make the price whatever they want as with us and Grealish.

I've been posting on another forum for days that Pereira would be great option

Arsenal ....fans don't like the owner. Treading water for years. No seeming ambition
Spurs.....no manager. No funds to hire anyone with ambition. Cranky owner.
Everton.....no manager. Probably shot their wad with the Ancelotti thing. The stadium still has posts holding up the roof!
Villa....hugely successful project since Smith joined. Wealthy owners investing in players and facilities. Three in the England squad from zero a couple of years ago. Everybody pushing in the same direction.
You'd be mad not to join Villa!

If those players are Villa fans, then they'd be likely to join and not otherwise despite the reasons mentioned. We need to finish in the top 10 regularly for a few years at least for those top players to consider joining us.

He’s not worth 40 million though is he. We really shouldn’t be paying that for him .

And yes we will need a shed load of money , we will need to be willing to spend. That’s what i take (their words not mine) ‘big plans for the club’ to mean.

Mr F has long said that we think small time at AVFC. Are these owners the real deal. We will see. I’m told they are. Our current recruitment policy if it maintains from last season and the season before ongoing doesn’t suggest a real challenge top end of the table to me.

If you take the owners words for granted then you'd expect them to put their money where their mouths are surely. However, personally I could not care less about what any owner says as obviously one would expect them to say what the fans want to hear. He may be worth 40 mill or not depending on how much he brings to the table once signed. Moreover, it may also depend on how important a player is to a team and value to me is subjective. We may think JG is worth 200 mil but non Villa supporters may think otherwise. If a club like Norwich wants 40 for him, then just imagine what the club who we want to buy a top 6 club worthy player from would value their players at?

Championship is very similar to PL in physicality and intensity so much better off buying a player from there instead of foreign big names that likes of Manure and Liverpool have lately that barely kick a ball and get farmed off. Minamono Daniel James Van der Beek or whoever. Most of best PL signings last few years have come from Championship and if you don't realise you've got blinders on

Garbage .
Physicality has nothing to do with it. It’s quality that wins out every time. Anyone who watched us play three years in the championship then watched the difference in pace and quality when Bournemouth ( yes Bournemouth) tore us a new one for 45 mins at home first game will know there is a gulf in quality between championship and premier league.

And if you are going to accuse those with a different opinion than you as having blinkers on at least get it right .

Blinders :lol::loser:

The so-called "Big" clubs in the UK, are able to buy players priced in the £100 million plus bracket because they've been finishing season after season in those top spots and getting Champions League money on top of the top money from the premiership.
Some clubs that have been top half of the league regulars are starting to slip.
Arsenal and Spurs are still paying off massive loans for new stadiums so don't have large amounts to invest in players.
Everton seem to have trouble finding the right long term manager since Moyes left.
Man U can attract players because of their name but, they are bitty, they always seem to be able to get great forwards but, they never seem able to get a complete defence that can play together. Owners who don't really give a monkeys about anything but taking money out of the club, so any success they get will be in spite of the owners, instead of because of them.
Man City have practically everything right, mega rich owners, a manager who has a team full of top notch players, playing an amazing system.
Chelsea of course, have a mega rich owner who is probably the reason they will not have continued success along the lines that Man City have. He changes managers about as often as he changes his shoes, no stability.
Liverpool haven't refreshed one or two positions on a yearly basis, so are likely to keep on getting stale and will slip out of those top spots eventually.
We came up from the championship and had to basically buy a new team. Second season we bought players to improve the team. This coming season we will have to do the same, buy 3 or 4 players to improve the team. Then next season we will probably only need to get maybe 2 players to improve. One step at a time because if we over-reach, the whole house of cards could collapse.

If those players are Villa fans, then they'd be likely to join and not otherwise despite the reasons mentioned. We need to finish in the top 10 regularly for a few years at least for those top players to consider joining us.
It helps but it's not the be all and end all. Not everyone will necessarily have to tick that box. When you refer to "top" players and I look at the Everton signings, apart from Rodriguez I'm stumped to know who you are talking about.

Garbage .
Physicality has nothing to do with it. It’s quality that wins out every time. Anyone who watched us play three years in the championship then watched the difference in pace and quality when Bournemouth ( yes Bournemouth) tore us a new one for 45 mins at home first game will know there is a gulf in quality between championship and premier league.

And if you are going to accuse those with a different opinion than you as having blinkers on at least get it right .

Blinders :lol::loser:

Not exactly physicality, but you do need to be a top athlete in the PL. That's why our new conditioning centre was built. You need to be able to move fast and keep it up throughout the game. SJM said he was shocked at how demanding the PL was.

Not exactly physicality, but you do need to be a top athlete in the PL. That's why our new conditioning centre was built. You need to be able to move fast and keep it up throughout the game. SJM said he was shocked at how demanding the PL was.
Was it SJM? I heard Sanson did say that recently

Status
Not open for further replies.