Cricket..England v New Zealand | Vital Football

Cricket..England v New Zealand

Grayblade

Vital Football Hero
Should be a good series this. Great to see some fans back.

I see Richard Kettleborough's umpiring, nephew of our very own Keith who died in 2009. He was a fine footballer, one of the best midfielders we've ever had at the club but he was also a very good cricketer.

I see Richard Kettleborough's umpiring, nephew of our very own Keith who died in 2009. He was a fine footballer, one of the best midfielders we've ever had at the club but he was also a very good cricketer.
There were a few back then GB.Our own Ted Hemsley, Chris Balderstone ( Carlisle), Arnie Sidebottom (Manure), Jim Cumbes ( WBA) and plenty more going even further back.That's without all the club cricketers/pro footballers which are now a dying (dead?) breed.

Good toss to win.England's makeshift team could well struggle. For them it's a warm up for the 1st test world final v India

NZ could be dark horses again. They’ve put together a decent side.
They've played mainly at home during the qualifying period for the world champs (covid related) so that's helped them as it will here where their home conditions are most similar to ours.

Some world class players though.

Owd Keith was playing for us when i first started going to BDBL, a good player as i recall.I think he lived in Whiston at one time or somewhere close to Gods own village of TREETON.Bill Punton copied the Kettleborough look.:giggle: Do you think the England captain(Our Joe) has much idea how to get New Zealand out Gray?UTB

Last edited:
Owd Keith was playing for us when i first started going to BDBL, a good player as i recall.I think he lived in Whiston at one time or somewhere close to Gods own village of TREETON.Bill Punton copied the Kettleborough look.:giggle: Do you think the England captain(Our Joe) has much idea how to get New Zealand out Gray?UTB
Not on today's showing Rod.

Keith did live at Whiston...my Dad pointed this out to me nearly every time we went through the crossroads back in the day. Still had his family home there even when he was playing for Newcastle, proper Rotherham lad. He was in my first team as well pal along with Hodgy, Joe and Graham Shaw, Brian Richardson, Len Allchurch and Doc Pace etc. The likes of Woody, Mick Jones, Birchenall, Len Badger and Graham Shaw had started to make appearances but weren't regulars and GOD was still a few years down the road.

I see rain's wiped out the 3rd day of the test match.Looks likely to be draw now i'd say.Unless England collapse when they resume batting tomorrow.Yorkshire close on 272-2,Malan hits a unbeaten ton,Balance 74 not out.Come on the White Rose.UTB

Last edited:
Well done to Rory burns getting his ton good job he did or we would be in deeper than we are already, some really poor shots today (as usual)

Come on our Joe's boys go get em. D'ya know if TT's away Bully? I aint seen owt from him on here for a couple of days. UTB

Great brave decision by the black caps. Will we go for it? Will the wicket favour the bowlers. One things for sure. There'll be no f u c king kneeling and crawling around. Come on England.

Poor shot for me it happens from time to time but this line up worries me re the ashes those Aussie bowlers could have us all out for lunch if they don’t buck their ideas up