What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 223 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

We’ve just signed up for a free week of meals through Hello Fresh, recommended by a friend, no obligation/cancel if required starting on the 14th ( stuff to use up first) I think it’s like @Rob the Imp gusto where you can chose from about 30 different meals each week ( we’ve gone for 3 per week to see what it’s like). Just fancied broadening our menu a bit. It says that all of the ingredients are provided fresh with the recipe cards so quite looking forward to some new flavours and cooking something different.
So far we’ve ordered smoky BBQ chicken and black bean loaded wedges,
bacon and butternut squash risotto and spicy Szechuan glazed pork meatballs. Will report back

We’ve just signed up for a free week of meals through Hello Fresh, recommended by a friend, no obligation/cancel if required starting on the 14th ( stuff to use up first) I think it’s like @Rob the Imp gusto where you can chose from about 30 different meals each week ( we’ve gone for 3 per week to see what it’s like). Just fancied broadening our menu a bit. It says that all of the ingredients are provided fresh with the recipe cards so quite looking forward to some new flavours and cooking something different.
bacon and butternut squash risotto and spicy Szechuan glazed pork meatballs. Will report back

We tried them a while ago. Often quite decent but an expensive way to eat at home regularly.

We tried them a while ago. Often quite decent but an expensive way to eat at home regularly.
I think it’s only a temporary plan for three days a week for a short while, just to give us a few new ideas in the kitchen, we sort of get a bit bored with the same old same old. Hopefully this will introduce us to a few new flavours and ideas

My effort tonight and Mrs E very happy. Spicy beef meat balls and spaghetti. Fried some garlic and onion, browned the meatballs and added diced red pepper, mushrooms, chilli jam, tin of tomatoes and passata and then a little harissa and transferred to the oven for an hour. Almost too hot but enjoyable

That sounds like what we have, aye. Hope it's good! The recipes you've picked do sound nice.

Chicken fajitas tonight with onion, mushrooms and a traffic light of peppers washed down with a bottle of Wainwright’s golden beer with another one chillin in the fridge

Last edited: