Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

Raumdeuter

Vital 1st Team Regular
As expected Mo Besic has been released by Everton along with Walcott, Bolasie and Josh King (poor decision from King to join them).

I'm falling on the side that we've outgrown Besic and we need more from a midfielder than he offers, but I expect there will be a large number of Blades wanting him back.

After his impressive loan spell Neil wants Bolasie back at Boro, as well as Diedhiou to get on the end of his crosses. Boro are a bit of a worry, they've got a decent squad of contracted players and Gibson will let Neil splash the cash on loans. They must have something up their sleeve to let Assombalonga leave.

As for King he's a mercenery looking for more cash than we can pay, some mugs will though.

Will put this on here instead of doing my usual thread.

A number of players in each position who I think should and/or could be considered as signings, with my preferred options in bold, based on suitability and viability.

Defenders

Jake Cooper
Kristian Pedersen

Christoph Zimmermann
Michael Hector
Kortney Hause
Tomas Kalas
Ryan Nyambe
Matt Clarke
Richard Keogh
Sean Morrison
Danny Batth
Winston Reid
Nathan Baker

Midfielders

Joe Rothwell
Paddy McNair

John Swift
Alex Mowatt
Ryan Sessegnon
Ryan Woods
Daniel Johnson
Jed Wallace
Jack Cork
Max Bird
Nick Powell
Ryan Ledson
James Garner
Louie Sibley
Olivier Ntcham
Josh Onomah

Forwards / Wingers

Michael Gregoritsch
Lucas Joao

Yakou Meite
Emmanuel Dennis
Onel Hernandez
Harry Wilson
Sheyi Ojo

Yoane Wissa
Britt Assombalonga
Famara Diedhiou
Kamil Jozwiak
Joe Lolley
Harvey Elliott

As expected Mo Besic has been released by Everton along with Walcott, Bolasie and Josh King (poor decision from King to join them).

I'm falling on the side that we've outgrown Besic and we need more from a midfielder than he offers, but I expect there will be a large number of Blades wanting him back.

Not sure we've outgrown Mo Besic mate. Think he'd be an absolutely banging free signing. All round good player and all round great bloke. Dunno how he would get on with Slav mind.

Do you know much about Jack Hendry we're being linked with Herby? Jock international,Leeds & West Brom also said to be in for him.Andre Ayew out of contract at Swansea,they've also released Keiron Freeman, no i'm not suggesting we sign him..UTB

Last edited:
Do you know much about Jack Hendry we're being linked with Herby? Jock international,West Brom also said to be in for him.Andre Ayew out of contract at Swansea,they've also released Keiron Freeman, no i'm not suggesting we sign him..UTB

Ayew. Age 31. Striker. We have SEVEN strikers.

Hendry. Very tall. 26.

Just to say, "we are being linked" Really. Do any of us know what Slav plans to do with regard to ins and outs?

No dig at all, just don't get why we are falling for clickbait sites speculating on our ins and outs when our manager hasn't even sat at his desk yet. I'm sure you see that.

I wonder what morale is like for Fulham players such as Hector, Kebano, Bryan, Rodak, Onomah ? Big players for their promotion season but effectively binned off when they got to the PL. Not much of an incentive for them to win promotion.

If we do flog Egan, and I think there's a market for him, that should fund Cooper and Hector. Not a bad Championship pairing, pace might be an issue but there's leadership there and goals.

Ayew. Age 31. Striker. We have SEVEN strikers.

Hendry. Very tall. 26.

Just to say, "we are being linked" Really. Do any of us know what Slav plans to do with regard to ins and outs?

No dig at all, just don't get why we are falling for clickbait sites speculating on our ins and outs when our manager hasn't even sat at his desk yet. I'm sure you see that.
Yeah lets keep talking about the knee instead eh Sean. :giggle: It's just summat to discuss on a BLADES forum mi owd pal,of course we don't know who Slav may or not be interested in signing but if we wait until someone actually signs before we post owt they may as well shut the forum down mi thinks.UTB

Will put this on here instead of doing my usual thread.

A number of players in each position who I think should and/or could be considered as signings, with my preferred options in bold, based on suitability and viability.

Defenders

Jake Cooper
Kristian Pedersen

Christoph Zimmermann
Michael Hector
Kortney Hause
Tomas Kalas
Ryan Nyambe
Matt Clarke
Richard Keogh
Sean Morrison
Danny Batth
Winston Reid
Nathan Baker

Midfielders

Joe Rothwell
Paddy McNair

John Swift
Alex Mowatt
Ryan Sessegnon
Ryan Woods
Daniel Johnson
Jed Wallace
Jack Cork
Max Bird
Nick Powell
Ryan Ledson
James Garner
Louie Sibley
Olivier Ntcham
Josh Onomah

Forwards / Wingers

Michael Gregoritsch
Lucas Joao

Yakou Meite
Emmanuel Dennis
Onel Hernandez
Harry Wilson
Sheyi Ojo

Yoane Wissa
Britt Assombalonga
Famara Diedhiou
Kamil Jozwiak
Joe Lolley
Harvey Elliott

I really think Slav will jump all over any of the players he knows well and rates who are available.
He won't be doing a huge makeover, some quality upgrades in key ares and motivating the rest to actually perform, which I doubt they'll argue with.

Were he to get 90 minutes out of Moussett he would have legendary status.
Were he able to get season out of Mousett firing us back up he would have the freedom of the city and the England Managers job. Which I would be happy to create the vacancy for by a well planned sniping taking Southc u n t s head off.

Yeah lets keep talking about the knee instead eh Sean. :giggle: It's just summat to discuss on a BLADES forum mi owd pal,of course we don't know who Slav may or not be interested in signing but if we wait until someone actually signs before we post owt they may as well shut the forum down mi thinks.UTB

Totally agree about talking Blades stuff mate. Hate the BLM shit with a passion. Like I said, no dig at you, just the clickbait crap on virtually every newsfeed that links us with every name from A t Z.

I really think Slav will jump all over any of the players he knows well and rates who are available.
He won't be doing a huge makeover, some quality upgrades in key ares and motivating the rest to actually perform, which I doubt they'll argue with.

Were he to get 90 minutes out of Moussett he would have legendary status.
Were he able to get season out of Mousett firing us back up he would have the freedom of the city and the England Managers job. Which I would be happy to create the vacancy for by a well planned sniping taking Southc u n t s head off.
Our very own PEAKY VITAL BLADER.:giggle: UTB

Not sure we've outgrown Mo Besic mate. Think he'd be an absolutely banging free signing. All round good player and all round great bloke. Dunno how he would get on with Slav mind.

It's one of those where I look at some of the names on Chronic's midfielders list and there's players who can give us what Besic does, the closing down, the tackling, the crisp short passing - but they also offer more when it comes to attack.

I wouldn't be unhappy if Besic signed but I'm hoping for more dynamism in midfield.

Slav might not be sat at his desk at BDTBL right now, but he will have given Van Wikel (or whoever) a list of names of who he'd like the club to look at

Carlos Tevez has announced he's leaving Boca Juniors,anyone think at 37 he could do a job for us? UTB

BRIGHT OSAYI-SAMUAL from fenerbache

I'd say yes but he's the fucking w@nker who provoked the Millwall fans with a kneeling black power salute after scoring against them. Ilias Chair joined in with him. Decent players, but fuck the pair of them.

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2021/05/05/4748/

Bunch of out of contracts there.

Some that stand out for me are:

Jose Izquierdo
Scott Dann
James McCarthy
Nathan Baker
Famara Diedhiou
Britt Assombalonga
Sammy Ameobi
Alex Pritchard
A few keepers we could get as backup too.

I like the idea of Ameobi on a free, as an impact and rotation player if we use wingers. He can be a great outlet.

Last edited: