Poch wouldn't change Harrys' plan | Vital Football

Poch wouldn't change Harrys' plan

Spursex

Alert Team
Mauricio Pochettino return will not convince Harry Kane to change mind about leaving Tottenham

Tom Roddy, Gary Jacob
Monday May 31 2021, 6.00pm, The Times
Premier League
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Football

Harry Kane is determined to leave Tottenham Hotspur this summer even if attempts to reappoint Mauricio Pochettino as head coach are successful.
Kane, 27, has informed the chairman, Daniel Levy, of his intention to move on and believes they have a verbal agreement from last summer that he will be allowed to do so, despite three years remaining on his contract.
Kane, the England captain, emerged as one of the best strikers in the world at Tottenham under Pochettino, who was at the helm from 2014 until his sacking in November 2019.

Pochettino is understood to be interested in a return to Spurs having encountered political in-fighting since joining Paris Saint-Germain on an 18-month deal in January. Real Madrid are also keen on bringing in Pochettino after Zinédine Zidane resigned as manager last week to leave the position vacant, though the Argentine coach’s future is complicated after PSG appeared to trigger a clause in his contract to extend his stay until 2023.

Reports in Spain last night suggested Real had added Carlo Ancelotti, the Everton manager, to their list of potential successors to Zidane. Ancelotti was asked two weeks ago about a return to Madrid, and said: “This is good publicity for me to be linked with Real Madrid but it is not true. I am really happy to stay here. We have difficulties, of course, but I feel good at Everton and my target is to make Everton better and better every year.”

Kane admires Pochettino as a manger and wanted to win trophies at his boyhood club but The Times understands it would not entice the striker to change his mind. Kane believes Tottenham require significant investment in players to compete for trophies — and that is something they are unable to afford. Manchester City, Manchester United and the newly crowned European champions, Chelsea, are among the clubs that have expressed serious interest in signing Kane.
While being open to other opportunities, Kane’s preferred choice of destination is the Premier League champions City, who have turned their attention to the deal after Sergio Agüero’s departure. Erling Haaland had been on City’s radar but he is expected to be too expensive and it has become unclear whether he will even leave Borussia Dortmund this summer.

We Do not want Poch back . Or maybe some want him back but we do not need him back .
We have been there , done it , we need to move on .
Maybe levy misses their fireside chats , but that isn’t going to appease anybody who wants us to actually win something .

Playing Son at left back should have got him the sack .

Playing Sissoko regularly should have seen his contract torn up .

Thinking Gazza
was a premier league keeper should have wrung alarm bells .

Not buying a back up striker , or developing one should have sent him out of the door .

Running the starting eleven into the ground should have terminated his employment.

The failure to address the right back position should have been one of the reasons to move him on .

Talking in fucking riddles should have been the final straw.

We do not want him back . Imo

We Do not want Poch back . Or maybe some want him back but we do not need him back .
Maybe levy misses their fireside chats , but that isn’t going to appease anybody who wants us to actually win something .

Thinking Gazza

Not buying a back up striker , or developing one should have sent him out of the door .

Running the starting eleven into the ground should have terminated his employment.

The failure to address the right back position should have been one of the reasons to move him on .

I agree Walt. But what exactly do think he failed on!!!?

Thinking Gazza

Easy to say you don't want MP back. Who do you feasibly want that you think could do a better job?

Do you honestly think conte and DL would work well together? I don't and again, why would he want to come to us?
No I don’t think Conte and levy would work together .
why would they have to ?
the chairman should be nowhere near the playing side . ,
He would want or not want to come to us for a thousand reasons .
Money I suppose . Seems to be the deciding factor in most things .

why would they have to ?
Money I suppose . Seems to be the deciding factor in most things
I think we are on the wrong thread here Barnsley , but it doesn’t matter

why would they have to ?
Money I suppose . Seems to be the deciding factor in most things .

Well they'd have to work together in regards to recruitment for a start.

Money would be the only reason I could envisage him coming.

I'm not so sure his playing style is as fun as some are making out. Watched a few of his Chelsea games and was bored to death.

Well they'd have to work together in regards to recruitment for a start.

Money would be the only reason I could envisage him coming.

I'm not so sure his playing style is as fun as some are making out. Watched a few of his Chelsea games and was bored to death.
Do you honestly think the chairman and manager work together on recruitment .
One tells the other who he wants . End of ,

I also think we have to get away from thinking games have to be fun if we want to actually win something .

Do you honestly think the chairman and manager work together on recruitment .
One tells the other who he wants . End of ,

I also think we have to get away from thinking games have to be fun if we want to actually win something .

Of course I think the chairman and manager/head coach sit with the head of recruitment to discuss recruitment 🤣

What do you think happens? I'm curious!

I make no apologies for wanting our football to be entertaining. Win dirty when needed but entertainment is a must for me.

Of course I think the chairman and manager/head coach sit with the head of recruitment to discuss recruitment 🤣

What do you think happens? I'm curious!

I make no apologies for wanting our football to be entertaining. Win dirty when needed but entertainment is a must for me.
Of course they sit together , it would be weird if they didn’t . There has to professional respect .
I sat with the CEO on my company ( the company I worked for , we had common aims and targets and outcomes ) at monthly meetings ...... I didn’t get on with him though. He was a pompous prick . !
Far too much money , didn’t know the cost of anything and had no time for anyone’s emotive , or domestic problems.
He didn’t understand that everyone who worked for him had other problems outside work .

I don’t understand the Getting on with Levy situation , as fundamental to the job .

It’s a fallacy that that seems to be part of the criteria .

Of course they sit together , it would be weird if they didn’t . There has to professional respect .
I sat with the CEO on my company ( the company I worked for , we had common aims and targets and outcomes ) at monthly meetings ...... I didn’t get on with him though. He was a pompous prick . !
Far too much money , didn’t know the cost of anything and had no time for anyone’s emotive , or domestic problems.
He didn’t understand that everyone who worked for him had other problems outside work .

I don’t understand the Getting on with Levy situation , as fundamental to the job .

It’s a fallacy that that seems to be part of the criteria .

I think the revolving door of managers says it's a good idea to pretend to at least like DL 🤣