2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 39 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Great job Nick. Congratulations on running this thread.

I've have never found myself in a position to rate individual players due to not having access to watch the matches live, or even replays. I do have access to the highlights, but that would be unfair to rate based on that alone.

Well done mate:cheers:

Thanks for your efforts throughout the season Nick. Hopefully next season our ratings can show an upward trend from where they've been for most of this season.

vs Leicester

Lloris 6, Doherty 7, Sanchez 5.5, Alderweireld 6, Reguilon 6.5, Hojbjerg 6.5, Winks 6.5, Dele 7, Bergwijn 5.5, Kane 7, Son 6

Bale 8, Moura 5.5
Mason 6

- Much improved by Doherty, his best game for us all season
- Rodgers did us a favour by opting to protect their lead, Alderweireld and Sanchez had both looked suspect for the first hour.
- Dele continues to be workmanlike and visible out there, but needs to up his end product. Our biggest problem all season (other than Mourinho) is that our midfielders in the final third, whether it be Ndombele, Lo Celso or Dele, just haven't produced enough.
- Bale, real class, Kane and Son were also lifted when he came on.
- Mason did OK in his caretaker role, although I just cannot understand why latterly he started to select Bergwijn ahead of Bale in the starting lineup.

Great job Nick. Congratulations on running this thread.

I've have never found myself in a position to rate individual players due to not having access to watch the matches live, or even replays. I do have access to the highlights, but that would be unfair to rate based on that alone.

Well done mate:cheers:

Quite often the full 90 minutes is on the Spurs website. Possibly half the games. I usually post a reminder as such in case anyone wants to view.

How's the season summaries going NIck - come on give us your insights!
I may be able to start tomorrow. I was busy yesterday researching Giles Annuals after being tasked with selling them. Some date to the 1950s and 60s so quite interesting. Giles created cartoons for the Daily Express from around 1951 to 1995 based on news stories of the week. They are like history books with humour.
I had to value and price each one based on current data and according to condition. There is stacks of them mostly 1956 to 1995. I listed, appraised for condition and priced all of them yesterday.
I still have to put up the ratings for our last match, I was giving posters time to view in case they hadn't yet. I will do that later today hopefully. Then I can compile the whole season.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes and chasing for the data !!

I may be able to start tomorrow. I was busy yesterday researching Giles Annuals after being tasked with selling them. Some date to the 1950s and 60s so quite interesting. Giles created cartoons for the Daily Express from around 1951 to 1995 based on news stories of the week. They are like history books with humour.
I had to value and price each one based on current data and according to condition. There is stacks of them mostly 1956 to 1995. I listed, appraised for condition and priced all of them yesterday.
I still have to put up the ratings for our last match, I was giving posters time to view in case they hadn't yet. I will do that later today hopefully. Then I can compile the whole season.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes and chasing for the data !!

Assume you'll list them on ebay ?

Would be quite interested to see what you valued them at.

Assume you'll list them on ebay ?

Would be quite interested to see what you valued them at.

I might list a few of the early ones which start at £ 15 for 1969/70 up to £ 35 for the 1956/7 edition. Conditions are fair to good but not mint which make the real money.

Average player ratings against Leicester across 6 forum posters and 10 media/web reports which are in the second column.

Lloris 6.26, 6.20
Doherty 6.58, 6.15
Sanchez 5.66, 5.35
Toby 5.83, 6.25
Reggie 6.41, 5.65
Winks 6.25, 5.90
Hojbjerg 6.16, 6.60
Dele 6.75, 5.60
Bergwijn 5.91, 5
Son 4.58, 6.55
Kane 5.41, 7.80
Bale 7.75, 8.10
Moura 4.91, 6.10

Mason 5.16

Average player ratings against Leicester across 6 forum posters and 10 media/web reports which are in the second column.

Lloris 6.26, 6.20
Doherty 6.58, 6.15
Sanchez 5.66, 5.35
Toby 5.83, 6.25
Reggie 6.41, 5.65
Winks 6.25, 5.90
Hojbjerg 6.16, 6.60
Dele 6.75, 5.60
Bergwijn 5.91, 5
Son 4.58, 6.55
Kane 5.41, 7.80
Bale 7.75, 8.10
Moura 4.91, 6.10

Mason 5.16
Interesting how the media viewed Dele, Sonny and Harry's performances as compared with our averaged assessments.

Interesting how the media viewed Dele, Sonny and Harry's performances as compared with our averaged assessments.

Some posters vented anger towards Son and Kane and it reflects in their ratings. Likewise Dele is back in favour so got perhaps generous marks from posters? I have to take the ratings given even if perhaps harsh or generous. It generally pans out across the season. I am currently working on the full season average ratings which will be ready in a few days.

Some posters vented anger towards Son and Kane and it reflects in their ratings. Likewise Dele is back in favour so got perhaps generous marks from posters? I have to take the ratings given even if perhaps harsh or generous. It generally pans out across the season. I am currently working on the full season average ratings which will be ready in a few days.

Average being the operative word all round

I am well into this seasons ratings compilation but for reference here are last seasons averages. 2019/20
Kane 6.38
Loco 6.25
Dele 5.80
Lloris 5.75
Dier 5.70
Lamela 5.70
Winks 5.68
Son 5.65
Moura 5.61
Toby 5.60
Sanchez 5.52
Sissoko 5.36
Bergwijn 5.35
Ndombele 5.16
Davies 5.03
Aurier 4.66.

As I have said before attaining a 7 across the season is difficult and the fractions between 5 and 6 are perhaps where most will sit. Even though Dele was at that time in a downward trend he still got third place in the ratings. Son was lower in the ratings than expected, probably his selfish period !!

I am well into this seasons ratings compilation but for reference here are last seasons averages. 2019/20
Kane 6.38
Loco 6.25
Dele 5.80
Lloris 5.75
Dier 5.70
Lamela 5.70
Winks 5.68
Son 5.65
Moura 5.61
Toby 5.60
Sanchez 5.52
Sissoko 5.36
Bergwijn 5.35
Ndombele 5.16
Davies 5.03
Aurier 4.66.

As I have said before attaining a 7 across the season is difficult and the fractions between 5 and 6 are perhaps where most will sit. Even though Dele was at that time in a downward trend he still got third place in the ratings. Son was lower in the ratings than expected, probably his selfish period !!
I'd expect Lo Celso to fall a long way down the order from a lofty second place. He hasn't kicked on at all.

I'd expect Lo Celso to fall a long way down the order from a lofty second place. He hasn't kicked on at all.

I will have impose a cut off point if players have not completed or partaken in many games, he might be one of them. Tanganga another, their averages will be unrealistic if only over a few games. I will still include the low minutes players but not in the main list. I will also keep the forum posters and media averages separate.
I have completed around 6 players so far and already there are surprises!!.

I will have impose a cut off point if players have not completed or partaken in many games, he might be one of them. Tanganga another, their averages will be unrealistic if only over a few games. I will still include the low minutes players but not in the main list. I will also keep the forum posters and media averages separate.
I have completed around 6 players so far and already there are surprises!!.

Get on with it then, I'm dying of anticipation...lol!

Get on with it then, I'm dying of anticipation...lol!

Completed all the forum ratings yesterday for second half of the season. I still have the media to do, then add both to the first half of the season to get the full season average. I will put up the two halves to compare improvements and declines though. Each total is double checked then divided by how many games they play to get the average.
For the second half of the season there are some surprises but I don't know how it will pan out when first half is added.
It's got to be done properly Ex and I have to pick the right moment without the wife asking me questions about politics or newts !!

Completed all the forum ratings yesterday for second half of the season. I still have the media to do, then add both to the first half of the season to get the full season average. I will put up the two halves to compare improvements and declines though. Each total is double checked then divided by how many games they play to get the average.
For the second half of the season there are some surprises but I don't know how it will pan out when first half is added.
It's got to be done properly Ex and I have to pick the right moment without the wife asking me questions about politics or newts !!

Take your time Nick. It's going to be a long summer !!

Nick , great concept for a continuous thread . Well Done .
I can only apologise for not being 100% behind it , because , as I said , I don’t have BT Sport , so i miss a lot of the games .
It’s almost impossible to judge a performance From the radio commentary . Half the time ,, they are talking amongst themselves , and take a break to describe the goings on on the pitch .

Well done to you for taking this through the season .

Lucky we don’t have to wait for you to compile the predictor league then , .

Surely there are only so many questions a newt can raise ?
Now , shadows and solar fountains we need to hear more about . !
I can feel a whole debate going on there . Notice how I avoided using MASS , there .

I’m that kind of guy , thoughtful and caring and avoidance of double’ D’s ‘ ........ , I mean “double entente’s “

O how you love those word plays .