Retained & Released: | Page 4 | Vital Football

Retained & Released:

....I've heard of contract extensions being triggered by a number of appearances......

That's what it was. He had the option, and triggered it. Hardly surprising. Whether or not the club would have activated it is another issue, but given his standing (beating Leeds) when the contract was signed, having the option was probably a good idea.

I still think he can be a big player for us ... we'll have to see.

That's what it was. He had the option, and triggered it. Hardly surprising. Whether or not the club would have activated it is another issue, but given his standing (beating Leeds) when the contract was signed, having the option was probably a good idea.

I still think he can be a big player for us ... we'll have to see.

In must have been a very low number of appearances to have been triggered which then questions the clubs original negotiations.
On a side note Aiden McGeady actually wavered his trigger so that he could play in a play off game with Sunderland.

In must have been a very low number of appearances to have been triggered which then questions the clubs original negotiations.
On a side note Aiden McGeady actually wavered his trigger so that he could play in a play off game with Sunderland.

You're right Massey only started 13 games and came on as sub 3 times. 16 is a odd and unusually low number to trigger an extension. Still doesn't seem to make much sense.

McGeady apparently on 19k a week so they defo wouldn't have played him if they had to go our it.

You haven't watched a game on ifollow since Administration (your admission) so I'll bin your opinion.
You should read up the thread before binning anything 🙈 though even if I had watched evey game and helped the admins out wouldn't have seen much of gav anyway would I ?
As I said to your pal if you think we've had Value for money from Massey vs cost no problem though would suggest a basic accounting course could help you

Think Massey is a bit like Callum McMamaman. struggles to get fit. First game for us At MKDONS. I had never seen a player that was that knackered. In all my time watching wigan. Was dead on his feet.

But at least Callum could run around like mad for 50 -60 mins giving you a threat before getting knackered. Most of the time over the past 2 years Massey hasn't ran around at all and posed zero threat.

When his tail is up he's like a different player, but when it's not I think he's the worst player i've ever seen for going hiding on the field.

Think Massey is a bit like Callum McMamaman. struggles to get fit. First game for us At MKDONS. I had never seen a player that was that knackered. In all my time watching wigan. Was dead on his feet.
An insult to Cal is that. At least he could beat a man.

Can also be a match winner.
And an FA cup final MoM. Massey is an average L1 player at best who won the lottery of a latics contract off the back of 1 standout performance at Leeds. Poor decision which haunted us since especially last season and it seems for the next - bloody rubbish old Wigan