What a bloody hypocrite. | Page 38 | Vital Football

What a bloody hypocrite.

What's really galling is the greedy fcker gets 30K a year of our taxpayers money to maintain the property.

Whilst some people in the country he governs struggle to put food on the table he spends other people's ( donors who do expect something in return) money way beyond that.

He has no shame.

Next will be his personal wedding in a state property that he is "willing" to pay for.

I hope someone locks up the state owned wine cellar.

My anger towards him and his ilk is unhealthy. I seriously need to get a plan to quit the UK

The watchdog appointed by Boris !

The lack of governance on our parliamentary process is beyond a joke.

Its like a cult where bozo is all powerful.

I'm sick of the lack of responsibility by them but more of the publics apathy.

If I could I'd pack up and leave tory GB tomorrow
Don’t naturally assume it’s better elsewhere mark.
There’s a reason why 5.5 million EU citizens have chosen to live here.

Johnson is temporary.

Don’t naturally assume it’s better elsewhere mark.
There’s a reason why 5.5 million EU citizens have chosen to live here.

Many (like my wife) have spent longer in the UK than their home country. Probably because it used to be a welcoming tolerant country. Its in danger of losing that tag.

The watchdog appointed by Boris !

The lack of governance on our parliamentary process is beyond a joke.

Its like a cult where bozo is all powerful.

I'm sick of the lack of responsibility by them but more of the publics apathy.

If I could I'd pack up and leave tory GB tomorrow
Contrast with Lord Carrington who, under Thatcher, as Foreign Secretary, resigned as a matter of principle over the Falklands invasion, taking full responsibility for his department's supposed failings. He had in fact warned of the dangers of diluting naval strength in the Falklands and was later exonerated, along with the Foreign Office. He resigned as a matter of honour and principle.

Note he was a Tory.

Can you imagine any of this present disgraceful mob doing that? Lying, being useless and cheating on the job are virtual qualification.

Even that slimeball Mandelson has the wit to resign when caught doing dodgy borrowing (iirc). Although I suspect he knew he'd return later at least he showed a slither of decency.

I also despair that the public seem inured to this appalling level of governance. They expect it. This is dangerous for our democracy.

Last edited:
Not sure what land of milk and honey Mark plans to relocate to.

I have no time for the Johnson clan but I kinda expected them to do exactly what they are doing. Tories have always had a greed is good philosophy and that is main reason I would never vote for them. Even Lord Carrington's decision would not have hurt him financially.

Maybe Mark would have been happy under Merkel but she is going. Macron, perhaps? - I mean seriously?

Or perhaps one of the southern european countries that are dying on their feet, desperate for the return of tourists to save their knackered economies?

USA may be a good bet. Biden should have borrowed his 6 trillion by then and I am sure it will be spent wisely but, if not, maybe Trump supporters will find a new hero for the next election there.

Spoilt for choice, really.

So we're cool because European countries are worse, not a powerful argument, or position. It used to be that such a proposition was widely believed but less so now I fancy. I notice that some of them take action to put errant leaders in the dock, occasionally successfully.

We allow ours to appoint their investigators and define their remit. It has worked better than we might have expected but no more. The current incumbent is an amoral, dishonest and greedy chancer and is beholden to some powerful forces. He will go pushing boundaries of decency and democracy until stopped.

Why don't you then ?
Plenty of people talk about it , but actions are what matter more.

Started the five year to retirement clock earlier this month so that's step 1.

Hoping Brexit will have sorted itself out by then and its clearer in terms of the practicality of buying property and staying longer than 90 days at a time.

Still fancy the Valencia area myself although may opt for further south (for the Sierra Nevada) or North (for the Pyrenees) to satisfy my skiing.

Nobody actually said that European countries were worse.
You made that bit up yourself.
My point to Mark was that despite things looking bad at the moment politically if you don’t support the current government, Johnson is very temporary and soon, the grownups will take over the Tories.
If you don’t like a Tory government, then we may be in for a very long wait.

Not sure what land of milk and honey Mark plans to relocate to.

I have no time for the Johnson clan but I kinda expected them to do exactly what they are doing. Tories have always had a greed is good philosophy and that is main reason I would never vote for them. Even Lord Carrington's decision would not have hurt him financially.

Maybe Mark would have been happy under Merkel but she is going. Macron, perhaps? - I mean seriously?

Or perhaps one of the southern european countries that are dying on their feet, desperate for the return of tourists to save their knackered economies?

USA may be a good bet. Biden should have borrowed his 6 trillion by then and I am sure it will be spent wisely but, if not, maybe Trump supporters will find a new hero for the next election there.

Spoilt for choice, really.

I don't need a land of milk and honey but ideally one that's not full of cronyism (being polite) and political charlatans that literally no one holds to account.

A public that isn't totally apathetic to it all would be nice. In some ways I wished the public would rise up and overthrow this lot through riots but far too many are more than happy to turn a blind eye to what's going on. I sometimes wonder if people even realise whose money it is they are spending on their mates

As for where to go :

Southern Germany (near the alps) would be good, any of the Alpine countries. France has never grabbed me and Spain has always been the place I had in mind.

I could never live in the USA. I've visited much of it through work but no where has ever really grabbed enough to think "I wish I lived here". Seattle probably the closest but the rain would get me down.

Five year countdown to retirement now ticking by so I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Hoping Brexit will have sorted itself out by then and its clearer in terms of the practicality of buying property and staying longer than 90 days at a time.

Still fancy the Valencia area myself although may opt for further south (for the Sierra Nevada) or North (for the Pyrenees) to satisfy my skiing.

The Valencianos travel to Teruel for their ski fix , which is less than 2 hours away for many.
Pyrenees is probably a safer bet for guaranteed snow. Even the Sierra Nevada suffers from hit or miss conditions.

Far from me to offer advice Mark but I’d recommend keeping a base in the U.K. as well, even if just a small flat.
I’ve had property in Menorca and Malta.
Both were great at the time.
In Spain, you had to be very prompt paying utilities.
A day late on the electric and they cut you off.
Malta has now so much development that it’s no longer appealing.
One of my brothers has lived abroad for over 25 years and has now returned to the U.K. because of health issues.
He couldn’t get the necessary treatment where he was without paying a fortune.

My point to Mark was that despite things looking bad at the moment politically if you don’t support the current government, Johnson is very temporary and soon, the grownups will take over the Tories.

Funny thing is most people would mark me down as a prime Tory voter. Good job, above median salary, stock market investor, home owner, etc. etc. All the things you expect a tory to be (I can even look a bit gammon after a run) and for many years was a Tory voter.

Truth is none of the parties today really represent my views and beliefs now. About the only thing I can say is the Tories are by far the worst of a band bunch. Although I do maintain COVID under Corbyn would have been a disaster caused by inaction.

They are here for a long time though. The Tory spin machine have convinced far too many that the Tories are the party of strength and are "taking back control" to make Britain Great again. That's what people want. They will be the party in power for at least another decade in my view.

They've also claimed the flag as well. Every day they seem to find another place to stick the union flag whilst doing more than most to break up the union.

They even stuck one on the canards of a Typhoon the other day !!!! Its literally the EUROfighter Typhoon - physical evidence of a European collaboration project with a workshare agreement between four European partners.

I might watch V for Vendetta later - give me a idea of the Tories plans for the coming parliament !

FFS - Sort it out Scally !!

Far from me to offer advice Mark but I’d recommend keeping a base in the U.K. as well, even if just a small flat.
I’ve had property in Menorca and Malta.
Both were great at the time.
In Spain, you had to be very prompt paying utilities.
A day late on the electric and they cut you off.
Malta has now so much development that it’s no longer appealing.
One of my brothers has lived abroad for over 25 years and has now returned to the U.K. because of health issues.
He couldn’t get the necessary treatment where he was without paying a fortune.

All advice gratefully received. Leaving the country you've lived in your entire life is a huge step and something I've no experience of but always wanted to do.

We would definitely look to keep a base in the UK. I've got a couple of kids (18 and 20) so hoping for Grandkids one day - but not yet kids !!!

I'm very lucky to have an old school final salary pension which has a tax free lump sum (something to thank the Tories for) so wouldn't need to sell my property here to buy something overseas. My kids are dual nationals so a work around might even be for them to buy it (with my money) and me to trust them not to evict their old man !!!

I think lots of expats (or shall we call them immigrants to be consistent with the Tories) will come home for health reasons now that we are out of the EU. More drain on the NHS ;-)

The Valencianos travel to Teruel for their ski fix , which is less than 2 hours away for many.
Pyrenees is probably a safer bet for guaranteed snow. Even the Sierra Nevada suffers from hit or miss conditions.

I hadn't heard of Teruel - thanks for that. Just done a bit of research - handy for a couple of days at a time which would be my plans (from a base in Spain). I loved Andorra but such a long transfer from Lleida, Barcelona or Toulouse.

Another point for the Costa Azahar !

Nobody actually said that European countries were worse.
You made that bit up yourself.

Really? "
Maybe Mark would have been happy under Merkel but she is going. Macron, perhaps? - I mean seriously?"

To be honest I'd have subscribed to that viewpoint myself once upon a time but no more. I don't argue with thye results of elections but even this government has much less than 50% support. I wonder at your faith in the grownups, Johnson effectively dismissed the most able from his party and the rump have shown themselves spinelss and powerless. If anyone takes over from Johnson it will be from the nuttier end.

I'm an optimistic sort of chap and am by no means convinced that the current incarnation of the tory party will hold itself together until the next election.

All advice gratefully received. Leaving the country you've lived in your entire life is a huge step and something I've no experience of but always wanted to do.

We would definitely look to keep a base in the UK. I've got a couple of kids (18 and 20) so hoping for Grandkids one day - but not yet kids !!!

I'm very lucky to have an old school final salary pension which has a tax free lump sum (something to thank the Tories for) so wouldn't need to sell my property here to buy something overseas. My kids are dual nationals so a work around might even be for them to buy it (with my money) and me to trust them not to evict their old man !!!

I think lots of expats (or shall we call them immigrants to be consistent with the Tories) will come home for health reasons now that we are out of the EU. More drain on the NHS ;-)
That’s the best way of doing it.
There is a chance that you may not like it as much as you think you will .
Options are best.
When we had a small place in Malta, we saw loads come and go.
Once Mrs Shotshy decides to call it a day work wise, we shall spend more time away but on longish lets rather than buying again.
A three month rental in Andalusia during the winter would suit me these days.

That’s the best way of doing it.
There is a chance that you may not like it as much as you think you will .
Options are best.
When we had a small place in Malta, we saw loads come and go.
Once Mrs Shotshy decides to call it a day work wise, we shall spend more time away but on longish lets rather than buying again.
A three month rental in Andalusia during the winter would suit me these days.

The long term rent is an option I am seriously considering and would certainly do before buying. A good change to "test" a few areas before committing long term. The real advantage of buying is the ability to rent it for those months that we are no longer allowed to use it. Thinking like a landlord - there is still some Tory in me that I haven't purged yet.

The long term rent is an option I am seriously considering and would certainly do before buying. A good change to "test" a few areas before committing long term. The real advantage of buying is the ability to rent it for those months that we are no longer allowed to use it. Thinking like a landlord - there is still some Tory in me that I haven't purged yet.

If corruption isn't your thing, Mark, then I'd keep away from Spain - well, Andalusia (where our property is) at least. Tax on letting property is pretty grim too!