Spurs BOE loan - damaging or restrictive conditions? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Spurs BOE loan - damaging or restrictive conditions?

Not my point. I am not blaming anyone for anything. The failure to recognize the impact Covid HAS had on the club, lost revenues and increased debt payments, and the way DL has had to react to it to keep the club solvent will have lasting effects that will take years to recover from. Just when the elite level of football was within our grasp, at least financially, it has been snatched away by Covid.

Jose signed on with the belief that Tottenham was on the brink and he was the guy charged with taking us to the next level. Through no fault of his, or anyone else's, it can't happen now.

I deleted the post because I realize it was a pointless and stupid point I was making.

This whole "No fault of his own" is such utter bullshit man, it pains me that you, or anyone would actually beleive that. He's a Snake Oil Salesman, you know the type. Some of the things I've heard are so fuked up that you really do question if it could really actually honestly be a thing... and then it's repeated.... and again.... and again.... and then you look at the behaviour, and it's soooo crystal clear it's literally sickening... and then you hear it repeatedly, for months, and you wonder what the very fuk is going on???

I am telling you, that 100000%, I would NEVER EVER EVER back Jose Mourinho, in ANY position in World Football again. He is a despicable human being, regardless of anything to to with Football Intelligence (Which as you know I also believe he's got none).

Defend away... Base upon absolutely nothing. I won't, in the face of everything.

I deleted the post because I realize it was a pointless and stupid point I was making.

This whole "No fault of his own" is such utter bullshit man, it pains me that you, or anyone would actually beleive that. He's a Snake Oil Salesman, you know the type. Some of the things I've heard are so fuked up that you really do question if it could really actually honestly be a thing... and then it's repeated.... and again.... and again.... and then you look at the behaviour, and it's soooo crystal clear it's literally sickening... and then you hear it repeatedly, for months, and you wonder what the very fuk is going on???

I am telling you, that 100000%, I would NEVER EVER EVER back Jose Mourinho, in ANY position in World Football again. He is a despicable human being, regardless of anything to to with Football Intelligence (Which as you know I also believe he's got none).

Defend away... Base upon absolutely nothing. I won't, in the face of everything.

You're hearing things? Then defend your argument with those examples. Personally, I think the players are pusillanimous gits.

Jose was hired to take a team on the rise to the next level. On the rise financially. He bought into that. It's what he is good at. Taking a well-heeled team into trophy territory consistently.

There is only one reason we are struggling a year on, Covid forced bargain buys and a reduction in spending.

He is being used as a scapegoat for something out of everyone's control.

Although the players' attitudes have been extremely questionable.
I disagree that it is covid that has hampered Jose. The squad when Jose came in was more than good enough to compete. It is a big squad too, perfect for the busy schedule and injuries. He said it himself that we didn't need to sign anyone as the squad was good enough already. Granted, that is to be taken with a pinch of salt as manager speak. But since then he has signed several more good to great players (e.g. Hojbjerg, Reguillion, Bale, Bergwjin). How much money would be needed to be spent before he could be blamed?

Jose was brought in to take the very good squad of players that we have and to take that extra final step to finally win a trophy. Its the best squad we've had in my lifetime as a fan. Sure there are some players with question marks over their abilities, but a good manager can get some of these players performing well. Jose hasn't done that.

Under Jose what players have actually improved when compared to Poch? The eternally injured Lamella and Moura might be the only 2.

I disagree that it is covid that has hampered Jose. The squad when Jose came in was more than good enough to compete. It is a big squad too, perfect for the busy schedule and injuries. He said it himself that we didn't need to sign anyone as the squad was good enough already. Granted, that is to be taken with a pinch of salt as manager speak. But since then he has signed several more good to great players (e.g. Hojbjerg, Reguillion, Bale, Bergwjin). How much money would be needed to be spent before he could be blamed?

Jose was brought in to take the very good squad of players that we have and to take that extra final step to finally win a trophy. Its the best squad we've had in my lifetime as a fan. Sure there are some players with question marks over their abilities, but a good manager can get some of these players performing well. Jose hasn't done that.

Under Jose what players have actually improved when compared to Poch? The eternally injured Lamella and Moura might be the only 2.

Moura is scheduled for departure at the end of the season; he's considered not to have a good enough end product by Jose, and even when it is, too inconsistent - which for once I agree with Jose about!!

Moura is scheduled for departure at the end of the season; he's considered not to have a good enough end product by Jose, and even when it is, too inconsistent - which for once I agree with Jose about!!

Well if you measure end product on goals and assists, nobody could argue with Jose, you, or anyone else. He is a 1 in 4 or 5 goal-scorer in a Spurs shirt, but it is the poor assist rate that bugs me.

It would perhaps be brave of Jose to sell him, but when you're trying to create a transfer kitty you need to do what it takes.

Same debt holders as the May 2017 financing. Funny article this is an excerpt:

Tottenham’s mid-table rival Arsenal already repaid its own £120m CCFF holding earlier this month. The Islington-based club is believed to have taken out a loan with Barclays to finance the repayment, according to Companies House. The exact size and terms were not disclosed.

Same debt holders as the May 2017 financing. Funny article this is an excerpt:

Tottenham’s mid-table rival Arsenal already repaid its own £120m CCFF holding earlier this month. The Islington-based club is believed to have taken out a loan with Barclays to finance the repayment, according to Companies House. The exact size and terms were not disclosed.

Turning unspendable money into manageable long-term financing with immediate unrestricted cash flow.

Remember, things might not have been as bad as they seemed....

There's also still the stadium rights thingy too.

Turning unspendable money into manageable long-term financing with immediate unrestricted cash flow.

Remember, things might not have been as bad as they seemed....

There's also still the stadium rights thingy too.

There are a lot of variables. Making an effort to remove restrictions is a good sign and it was cheap money anyway.

I agree, Levy may have accessed the 300m government loan as a backstop and not needed any or all of it. There is some mismatch in the total borrowed in the PP that MAY indicate that. Also, the ease with which the takeout was done with existing borrowers indicates things aren't as bad as it seems, although London real estate is a great piece of security.

FInally the $300 million dollar placement I told you'd we'd been getting ready to place - again to US investors where the appetite is high. Levy is to be congratulated, it's a great deal he's done.

This finally puts us completely back in control of our financial position.