The Great Predictor Thread , Thoughts and ideas . | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Great Predictor Thread , Thoughts and ideas .

I think Walt will need USAFs help next season. His navigation skills will come in handy. I'm confused already, Walt has no chance !! It will take him hours to compile after each match, then deal with all the stewards enquiries.....excellent. The allotment will go to pot, he won't have anything to talk about other than the predictor thread.
Walt will need a direct radio contact with USAF and will be calling him mid flight just before he drops a bomb on Belarus, miss because Walt distracted him and hit Russia instead which starts world war 3.
My master plan is complete.
You are not sitting in a chair with a white cat on your lap are you ?

I will have a double of whatever you are on . Seems to be a good bottle of jollop...... is this you seeking world dominance through the predictor thread , ........... how much did you rip off a pensioner for for that chair . 9410EED4-8585-4BC2-AE89-C6D96F70D08B.jpeg

Last edited:
I think Walt will need USAFs help next season. His navigation skills will come in handy. I'm confused already, Walt has no chance !! It will take him hours to compile after each match, then deal with all the stewards enquiries.....excellent. The allotment will go to pot, he won't have anything to talk about other than the predictor thread.
Walt will need a direct radio contact with USAF and will be calling him mid flight just before he drops a bomb on Belarus, miss because Walt distracted him and hit Russia instead which starts world war 3.
My master plan is complete.

Don't piss USAF off...or some of that laser guided shit will land in your lap....literally.

Irrespective of results Spurs seldom go a game without Kane, Son or Bale scoring. Consequently predicting a high scoring Spurs win in every game, with Kane, Son and Bale nominated as scorers, guarantees a constant stream of points. It does however completely undermine the real purpose of a predictor thread, to forecast the correct outcome and score of matches. Consequently I think that the following should apply;
- If the player predicts a Spurs win, but they lose, the player should be debited the goal differential e.g. if Spurs lose 4-1, and the player predicts a win, the player is debited three points, but would have this reduced by the goal scorer. Almost certainly a negative however. Currently a player predicting a win will almost certainly get a positive result when we lose, provided that we score.
Conversely
- If the player predicts a Spurs loss, but they win, the player will be debited by the margin of the Spurs win.

The above is certainly not a reflection on Gary, this seasons winner, who by my recollection maintained a pretty balanced perspective on all matters Spurs throughout.
I also agree with Gary's earlier suggestion re points relative to player position. I put this forward before the start of last season Walt, and we debated it at length on here and were close to a conclusion, until one or two other respondents shot it down. The negative which was correctly pointed out is that players could nominate eleven goal Spurs wins, and gain the benefit if a couple of defenders score, despite it being a ridiculous prediction. Authenticity again.
If you can handle the admin Walt, I think that the changes I've proposed above, would improve the thread as a genuine 'predictor thread'.
Smithy , bear with me on this , I’m not putting your idea down or anything , I really like it . But what would happen if I predicted we would lose two one in a cup game , with Toby to score .
But we drew 0-0 and won 5-4 on penalties ..... . and Toby didn’t take a penalty .
How would the scoring work out .
Can you run through the process.
it’s making my head hurt !

Smithy , bear with me on this , I’m not putting your idea down or anything , I really like it . But what would happen if I predicted we would lose two one in a cup game , with Toby to score .
But we drew 0-0 and won 5-4 on penalties ..... . and Toby didn’t take a penalty .
Bit of a brain teaser for going on 22h00 in the evening Walt.
I'm not entirely sure of your rules currently re extra time, final score, result after penalties, but;
if the outcome is determined according to the 0-0 result, you predicted a loss and the result is a draw, no penalty points, no points for the prediction, zero points overall. Penalty points will never apply for a drawn result.
if the outcome is determined according to the 5-4 result, you predicted a loss and we win 5-4 therefore minus one penalty point, nothing for the prediction, therefore minus one overall.
In both instances Toby hasn't scored so no points adjustment for him. If he'd have taken and scored one of the penalties, no penalty points for the draw, no points for the result prediction, but plus points for Toby as a scorer.

We got this Walt...

All we have a good plan in development...and it will be awesome.

And no I am not going to have to do flipping higher mathematics to figure out the damn scores!