The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I think TAA might well not make it either and possibly Coady from the defenders. Further forward, probably Kalvin Phillips or Lingard.

And (much as it pains me) Ollie might not make the cut, on the basis of 'last in, first out'.

EDIT: not that I give too much of a shit, gave up on England some time ago.

Yes, there's no chance he's taking 4 RB's he's not Brucie, so either Trent or Trippier will drop out. I reckon Coady gets in myself, I'm not his biggest fan but surely he'll take 4 CB's - Maguire, Stones, Mings, Coady. I think White & Godfrey are just there for the experience.
Phillips has played quite a bit recently, so I'd think he'll go too and I dont think he'd bring Lingard back unless he was going to include him in the final squad.
So probably 3 out of Ollie, Saka, Greenwood and Ward-Prowse to get cut as well.

Yes, there's no chance he's taking 4 RB's he's not Brucie, so either Trent or Trippier will drop out. I reckon Coady gets in myself, I'm not his biggest fan but surely he'll take 4 CB's - Maguire, Stones, Mings, Coady. I think White & Godfrey are just there for the experience.
Phillips has played quite a bit recently, so I'd think he'll go too and I dont think he'd bring Lingard back unless he was going to include him in the final squad.
So probably 3 out of Ollie, Saka, Greenwood and Ward-Prowse to get cut as well.
yes I think Mason has been superb

Taking the claret & blue specs off though can you imagine the uproar from fans of every other team if Southgate picked 5 players from a team who finished 11th?

I think we've done well to get 3 players in to be fair.

But think of the fun we'd have lol

I've seen Jack listed as a forward on some sites and as a midfielder on others, that is his problem really nobody knows what position he plays. That will also include any opposition managers. He can play the Rashford role he can play the Mount role or he could simply play the Jack role, over to you Gareth

Gareth obviously wants to check on fitness first hand. That may count against Jack. Will be very surprised if Tyrone doesn't make it.
Think that's why Southgate is giving it as long as possible before confirming the final squad.

I expect Jack and Tyronne to make the cut but Ollie not. He'll get his chance in the future.

If we play positive and beat Croatia in the first game, that’ll be a massive sign of our intent.

I predict a typical England opener - very cagey, few risks and we come away with a 1-1 draw.

Then the pressure is on to be Scotland, which on paper we should but they do have some good players to hold out for a draw.

It could go one of two ways, but we all know Southgate will play two holding midfielders and I think that’ll take away that extra forward passing option going forward, which kills us. We have the talent to play one midfielder who can spray passes and tackle, we don’t need two of Henderson, Rice and the Leeds Poodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.