Son to stay now? | Vital Football

Son to stay now?

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.footballinsider247.com/...nt-son-will-stay-next-season-after-new-talks/

Sources: Tottenham ‘confident’ Son will stay next season after new talks

By
Wayne Veysey
-
25th May 2021 at 6:45am

Tottenham are confident Son Heung-Min will still be at the club next season, Football Insider understands.
The South Korea icon is one of the club’s two prize assets and there is speculation he could agitate to leave if Harry Kane is successful in engineering his own exit.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that club chiefs are “confident” Son, 28, will not leave in the summer transfer window.

He is out of contract in two years and has attracted interest from elite clubs including Bayern Munich.
Tottenham have offered Son a new five-year deal worth more than £200,000-a-week and he was ready to pen terms before Christmas.

The Londoners do not want to cash in on the wide forward and are very hopeful they will not have to following recent talks.

Losing recently-crowned Tottenham player-of-the-year Kane this summer would be a bitter enough blow for supporters.
Were Son to follow him through the exit door, there would be mutiny in the stands.
Son is widely regarded as one of the Premier League’s most dangerous attackers.

He has formed an outstanding partnership with Kane and just completed one of the best campaigns of his career.

The 89-times international has scored 22 goals and provided 17 assists from 51 matches this season.
In 280 Spurs appearances in total, the wide attacker has netted 107 times as well as laid on 64 assists.

I remain unconvinced; a deal has been on the table for months now and his camp hasn't shown the slightest indication they're ready to sign.

If he doesn't sign it soon, we'll have to sell him or his value will fall through the floor; it's clear to me from his body language and from his poor efforts (which have gone on for months now) that mentally he's already checked out.

I remain unconvinced; a deal has been on the table for months now and his camp hasn't shown the slightest indication they're ready to sign.

If he doesn't sign it soon, we'll have to sell him or his value will fall through the floor; it's clear to me from his body language and from his poor efforts (which have gone on for months now) that mentally he's already checked out.

I'm not convinced he's staying either.

In theory, with departure of Harry, the whole team set up will look and perform differently and I am looking forward to that. We are all to an extent blinkered by what had become the 'norm'. With a new coach with refreshing ideas, most of the current players can potentially be like new signings. Not only am I feeling relaxed but excited about what the new era may bring.

Admittedly son has not always risen to the challenge in Kane's absence, but imo, he has matured as a player (despite his inherent weaknesses) and has become more of a TEAM player.

No brainer for me. We know what happened last time we let players run their contracts down. We never saw the best of them again.

Son needs to sign the contract or go to the highest bidder. Even if he signs the contract, he needs a reality check on his attitude when crossing the white line. We can't have a player who has boundless energy in his legs when we have the ball but operates at 80% when we're defending.

There is no place for any more Charlie Big Spuds in the new Spurs.

If Son stays he has to be a striker. Pointless playing him wide. Doesn't work hard enough and this season has lost his mojo on taking on defenders.

I would have Bergwinj, Dele, Lo Celso playing in behind him doing the pressing and movement.

We cannot afford to lose Sonny as well as Harry, or Gareth Bale for that matter. Hopefully Sonny gets the opportunity to recharge his batteries over the next few weeks, and returns refreshed to lead the attack next season with Bale out wide on the right, and Dele sitting in behind them. There is potentially a stack of goals amongst those three, far, far more than any striker we would be able to sign. Find a quality AM to provide the service and things would be looking good, we cannot be reliant on the likes of Bergwijn and Lo Celso, they are very average players.

We cannot afford to lose Sonny as well as Harry, or Gareth Bale for that matter. Hopefully Sonny gets the opportunity to recharge his batteries over the next few weeks, and returns refreshed to lead the attack next season with Bale out wide on the right, and Dele sitting in behind them. There is potentially a stack of goals amongst those three, far, far more than any striker we would be able to sign. Find a quality AM to provide the service and things would be looking good, we cannot be reliant on the likes of Bergwijn and Lo Celso, they are very average players.
I don't think he's going to be recharging any batteries. He's been called up to lead South Korea in their World Cup qualifiers next month. All of the group qualifying matches are going to be played.

And he may still be called up by SK for the Tokyo Olympics as an overage player. They run from 23 July - 8 August. I think the new PL starts on the 14 August.

Basically, in sport esp running sports, rest is the most important thing, simple as that, top players, internationals, these days are not getting enough of it, thus start to show they are run down, even injuries start to occur easily, in turn affecting their game etc.

The younger ones can get away with it to an extent, but as you get nearer to 30 the toll starts to tell, that's my opinion from the sports I have taken part in.

I echo the above posts about him not playing on the wing. He needs to be allowed to move central to link up with the striker or AMs. Let Reguilion worry about creating the width on the left and Bergwijn do hug the touchline on the right.

I like him as a person...not a massive fan of his game though. Has spurts of good play followed by massive lengths of meh...

Very one dimensional player that is easy to defend if done right...and when he is on his own...or with someone he doesn't link well with...just meh. (simply cannot create on his own)

I would wish him well and sell him and move on if able.

It has been alluded to, some time ago, that his agreement had already been done & dusted, if not signed. This does not appear to be new news.

I'd love for him to, and fully expect him to stay for many more matches. Many.

I rate Son, want him to stay, for me he is our "Mystery" player, never knowing what we are going to get each and every game, and I think the oppositions defences think the same.

It has been alluded to, some time ago, that his agreement had already been done & dusted, if not signed. This does not appear to be new news.

I'd love for him to, and fully expect him to stay for many more matches. Many.

Told yesterday that his camp are playing a 'wait and see' game and he hasn't signed the new bigger offer we've made. It's still on the table, but if it's not taken up soon, he'll probably be put up for sale this summer, unlikely we'll let another run his contract down.

Told yesterday that his camp are playing a 'wait and see' game and he hasn't signed the new bigger offer we've made. It's still on the table, but if it's not taken up soon, he'll probably be put up for sale this summer, unlikely we'll let another run his contract down.

Seems a 'mutual pause' by both parties as the front office stuff is sorted. I dont think the outcome will affect the agreed deal. He's not for sale.