11th - The End of the 20/21 Season | Vital Football

11th - The End of the 20/21 Season

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
So massive highs this season, not had many of those over the last goodness knows how many years. Some stunning results, of course the lull as well.

But many of us said 10th to 12th was where we should be this season, after survival last season, if we wanted to show proper progress.

And boom, sorted.

And some good glimpses of decent attacking football as well, plus the kids coming in at the end of the season.

Frustrating at times, for sure, but I can't argue with 11th considering where we were a few seasons back.

Here's to next season.

Yup, hit the mark perfectly in what was a turbulent season for a number of reasons.

Now we have to take the next step, build on this year, improve further, DS gets a bit more proactive with subs as we should be a place or two higher had VAR been competent.

No more loans though please.

All things considered, next season should be quite the whirlwind if things go for us.

For those not focused on 8-12 but looking at points, I think the consensus was at least 10-15 more than last year, and we beat that.

Daft to think this is a season of disappointment but for the right reasons for the first time in what, 20 years?

Apparently it's the highest number of points for a team finishing in the bottom half.

Delighted with 55 points , not many of us expected that and there have been some terrific results and performances along the way. Some of the football we have played at times is of the highest quality.

55 points got us 6th under MON one year apparently.

It's been a strange old season in the PL. No relegation battle at the end; all well sorted before hand. "Big" clubs having all sorts of problems. But we've well and truly leap-frogged the "survivor" type teams.

Bodes well for the future. Next season will be a big test; we have to keep this momentum going and build on it, and a slump wouldn't be impossible. But DS and the club know this, and I have big hopes of continuing this upward trend.

Reckon 11th is a fair reflection of where we are. Looking at the odd loss which should have been a win and the odd draw which should have been a win, we could have been well into the top half. But they weren't wins and that's largely down to us (with some help from Covid). It's plain we can improve on things, and we have a good basis for doing it.

55 points got us 6th under MON one year apparently.
We were well on course to get 60+ points this season 67 got a CL spot

10 point gap to 12th and Newcastle who were looking like relegation fodder a fe weeks ago. Massive divide between them and the top half

We were well on course to get 60+ points this season 67 got a CL spot

10 point gap to 12th and Newcastle who were looking like relegation fodder a fe weeks ago. Massive divide between them and the top half

Yes. Its been a frustrating 2021. I do think we'll be stronger next season though. Can we say the same for Spurs, Leeds, Everton, Arsenal though. All of them ripe to be overhauled.

Apparently it's the highest number of points for a team finishing in the bottom half.

Delighted with 55 points , not many of us expected that and there have been some terrific results and performances along the way. Some of the football we have played at times is of the highest quality.
Yes, the league is in two halves and a whole group of teams will be kicking themselves they let Chelsea and Liverpool sneak into the top 4 this season. The big 6 are dead in the water and there for the taking.
NSWE will back us in the summer with 3 top players and we will be able to take that next step

If we can improve on the wide midfield players and get a proper nr 9 with Watkins playing just off him I think we can get top 8.

I bet Everton fans are on their knees after bringing in a "top" manager and "world" class players and finishing 10th after their start

A lot of their fans want Ancelloti out now. The amount of money they've wasted is insane. Iwobi cost more than El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Traore put together and has scored 1 goal this season.

If the Big Six get deducted 10 points as they ought to be, the table now looks like:

Man C 76
Leicester 66
West Ham 65
Man U 64
Liverpool 59
Leeds 59
Everton 59
Chelsea 57
Villa 55
Spurs 52
Arsenal 51

Doesn't do much for us but shakes things up a bit.

I'm bored already. When's the next match?

Transfer window officially opens on June 9th. My guess is that players will be back somewhere around July 12th. Season opens August 14th. So could be some friendlies in say July 19th - August 7th.