20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 10 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Leicester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do we do ? Be thankful of small mercies or wallow in sorrow.
We finished above the arse, we stopped Leicester getting CL, we qualified for Europe albeit at a lesser level. But it will give kids and fringe more game time.
We enter an exciting new period with a new manager and new signings,with the Kane money plus deadwood.
Its whether Levy and the new manager have the balls for a mass cull.
So many need to move on.

Imagine what the Gooners must be thinking.
FFS. We have been in utter meltdown and they still didn't qualify for Europe.

We finished above them, which is obviously great, but we finished in the Europa Conference place, which is not. I would have preferred no Europe but I also wanted to finish above Arsenal. Couldn't win.

We will almost definitely not use the Europa Farmers League just for youth and fringe players. We will absolutely waste time and effort on it and if we even go on to win it, it won't be something we can be proud of. It will be something we are mocked about.

We finished above them, which is obviously great, but we finished in the Europa Conference place, which is not. I would have preferred no Europe but I also wanted to finish above Arsenal. Couldn't win.

We will almost definitely not use the Europa Farmers League just for youth and fringe players. We will absolutely waste time and effort on it and if we even go on to win it, it won't be something we can be proud of. It will be something we are mocked about.
If I was manager then the starting 11 pretty much shouldn't see any game time in that competition until the later knock out stages. When we get to the knock outs, I want to win it. 3rd tier football or not, I want to win a cup.

Tim alluded to the issues in the dressing room before Poch.
I never believed it was Jose's fault.
It's telling that Fergie has come out with his criticism of Dele post Jose.
Players need to look at themselves.
They really ought to cos many of them are delusional if they think they've given us their all this season. Do me a favour lads, we finished seventh & behind the scum.

Tim alluded to the issues in the dressing room before Poch.
I never believed it was Jose's fault.
It's telling that Fergie has come out with his criticism of Dele post Jose.
Players need to look at themselves.

Poch sorted that dressing room out after Tim. He lost it in the end again.

Mourinho has been the most toxic thing to enter this club in years. He was here long enough to be held responsible for the state of this team. If he can't sort out a group of players then he is simply not as good as he thinks he is. It's time people stop blaming Poch for where we are now.

Poch sorted that dressing room out after Tim. He lost it in the end again.

Mourinho has been the most toxic thing to enter this club in years. He was here long enough to be held responsible for the state of this team. If he can't sort out a group of players then he is simply not as good as he thinks he is. It's time people stop blaming Poch for where we are now.
We're not blaming Poch. The buck stops at the players.

There was a telling moment for me late in the second half. Kane is put clean through, he has a metre start on a turning defender, yet within 15-20 meters he's caught in the penalty area and can't even get a shot away. A couple of years ago that was a certain goal.

I'm sure one of the main reasons he plays so much deeper now is that he needs more time on the ball. He used to have really quick feet and great dribbling ability but he very rarely gets away from his man now. More often than not when he tries to dribble he gets caught in possession.

Undoubtedly he still has great technique and he will continue to be a great converter of chances but if we were offered north of £100m I think Levy should grab the money and pray to god our scouting team has a good alternative to reinvest the money in.

People say similar about the League Cup. I'm sure would all have been happy about it if we had won it this year.
Winning breeds winning and it's got to start somewhere.

I've long been a hater of the League Cup. PL, CL, EL and FA Cup are the only cups that I think mean something.

If I was manager then the starting 11 pretty much shouldn't see any game time in that competition until the later knock out stages. When we get to the knock outs, I want to win it. 3rd tier football or not, I want to win a cup.

It's on par with the EFL cup. Nobody will care if we win it. The competition is the biggest joke of all time in football.

I would literally play the 16 years olds and show zero respect for it. Just a money spinner for UEFA.