VS Player of the Season 20/21 | Vital Football

VS Player of the Season 20/21

1. Kane
2. Son
3. Bale

BUT all 3 of them have had patches of games where they also did nothing. They have just been the 3 that showed the most quality over the whole season. Lloris deserves a mention too.

1. Lloris
2. Kane.
3. PEH

If the poll was conducted on the first half of the season I'd have four contenders: Kane, Son, PEH and Ndombele.

But Son and Ndombele fell away badly. PEH did too to an extent but he always gave 100% and has played every minute of every game. I like his attitude.

With Kane's goals and assists tally he should walk it but I can't have a player of the season giving up with a number of important games to go.

Lloris had a couple of sticky patches in the first half of the season but he has been a constant for the rest. He's the one player we have been able to rely on to do his job properly.

1. Lloris
2. Kane.
3. PEH

If the poll was conducted on the first half of the season I'd have four contenders: Kane, Son, PEH and Ndombele.

But Son and Ndombele fell away badly. PEH did too to an extent but he always gave 100% and has played every minute of every game. I like his attitude.

With Kane's goals and assists tally he should walk it but I can't have a player of the season giving up with a number of important games to go.

Lloris had a couple of sticky patches in the first half of the season but he has been a constant for the rest. He's the one player we have been able to rely on to do his job properly.
Regarding Hojbjerg, deffo 100% effort, his quality i'd rate at only 70%. A big improvement is needed from him next year.

Contenders for me are Hugo, Kane and then Hojbjerg;
Without Hugo things would have been a lot worse without him in goals.
Despite all of our frustrations with Kane, being top of the league in both goal scoring and assists is quite the achievement.
On the whole, Hojbjerg made a big difference to us in the middle of the pitch compared to the previous season. Still needs to improve though.

Worthy mentions;
Son disappeared the 2nd half of the season, but he was lethal to begin with.
Bale only appeared in spells since the new year. Given his recent form I want him back for next year if the financials are right.

Hugo has been outstanding for us this season. He leads by example.

Harry may very well have the numbers but he's still only second best in my player of the season. Congrats to him for his Golden Boot award, it was richly deserved.

Kane
Son
Hojbjerg

I am judging on contributions, minutes played and general standard. Son tailed off but still contributed.
Bale was in the mix but didn't play enough for me.

Kane
Hugo.
PEH
for me. Son and Bale in the mix along with Dele if his last few appearance counted, also Reggie up until his last few games

1 - Hugo (he can't help it the team in front of him is kind of shit)

2 - PEH - Played his ass off...and I think he a LOT was put on him. Shit in front of him and shit behind him and hell shit beside him. Poor bastard

3 - Kane - golden boot alone gets him this. I wracked my brain to find someone else...and screw it we just don't have any good players.

Hugo - superb season

Hojbjerg - we'd have been in all sorts of problems without this guy

Reggie - didn't always play well, but never stopped giving everything.

I'm finding it very Spursy to see fellow posters rewarding players that didn't give their all for our club over an ENTIRE season. The obvious ones miss out for that reason in my top 3.

Hugo - great season

Iceman - did play very good in general all season.

Reggie - always put in a shift.

Would have had GB in there but he didn't play enough games to be considered, so for the short spells he played he would have got Player of the Season.

Hugo. No one else.

As for Kane, he should go and play for Pochettino again. He chokes in the big games.

Reggie and Bale deserve a good mention but there is no getting away from Kane being our player of the year even though he dropped off over last number of matches. So
Kane
Hugo
Hoj

Has everyone started doing meth on here? I read on another thread that someone wants dele to be captain 🤣 Lloris has been bang average for 3 years or so.

Without a doubt our best player was kane, then son, then Hojberg.

It's as simple as that really. Bale played well when he had the minutes but didn't play enough.