The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 84 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Buendia won’t just give Jack the ball for the sake of it, which is something that most of our players do at the moment, I can see him only passing it if he’s in a better position than himself and it’s what’s going to separate us from this 11th place and top 6.

I really like Buendia’s vision, you’ll start to see Jack making the runs instead of dropping deep to take on 3-4 players, then standing off allowing the opponents to get back into position, which then isolates Ollie, We need someone like Buendia to keep the ball moving fast.

You raise a good point which is part of my idea that we need another "clear and present danger" (little movie cliche for your Saturday).

If we could just get someone who is consistently dangerous and can lead an attack of his own accord, teams will really struggle to double team Jack. And we wouldnt be forced to channel 95% of our attacking intent through Jack/down the left wing.

Another player near his quality probably kicks our team up a full 10%. Maybe even more because of the amount of space that gets unlocked.

I actually think Buendia won’t just give Jack the ball for the sake of it, which is something that most of our players do at the moment, I can see him only passing it if he’s in a better position than himself and it’s what’s going to separate us from this 11th place and top 6.

I really like Buendia’s vision, you’ll start to see Jack making the runs instead of dropping deep to take on 3-4 players, then standing off allowing the opponents to get back into position, which then isolates Ollie, We need someone like Buendia to keep the ball moving fast.
We do but Norwich would be absolutely suicidal to sell him as they come up. Cantwell they could lose but Buendia they get relegated without.

We do but Norwich would be absolutely suicidal to sell him as they come up. Cantwell they could lose but Buendia they get relegated without.

I think it’s more to do with Buendia, he thrown a hissy fit at the start of the season that he wasn’t allowed to move on, manager even gave him a couple of weeks off to get his head straight, Buendia was then determined to get Norwich in the Premier League, but wants to leave to start fighting for European football, So Norwich need to put a price on his head that will get the best possible deal, but also not too high that no one will want him, I think 40m is the highest price they can realistically get, for that price they might be able to find that next star, they bought him for 1.35m just 3 seasons ago from Getafe, in his first season he performed better than Grealish, that’s one hell of a scout that spotted him.

I've read some fans say that Tammy wouldn't fit our game because he's so different a player to Ollie.
Well isn't that what you want, two completely different forwards who in some games you can play together.
I've also read, somewhat unrealistic wishes for both Periera and Buendia.
Don't get me wrong both are really decent players but, Buendia has the edge for me, quite a large edge actually.
I think the love of Pereira comes about because of the game he had against us, how often has the club pissed money up the wall, buying players that have played like world beaters against us, only to prove to be dead weights?
The team does need strengthening in other area's I agree but, it would prove reckless to do too much in one shot. For example, buying another rightback when we'll have Guilibert back from loan. We do need another leftback, a centreback to replace Engels and a proper DM.
We also need to come up with a different formation, for when 4-2-3-1 isn't working.

My guess is that we won't buy anybody who doesn't significantly improve us. Which means big bucks on very few players. Buying backup for the existing first 11 is a waste of money. Which is why I also think some players we think are going may not be; no point in shoving out existing bench warmers to replace them by the same.

So, maybe at least some of Engels, Taylor and Guilbert may be staying.

Tammy, Buendia and maybe another midfielder may be it.

I've read some fans say that Tammy wouldn't fit our game because he's so different a player to Ollie.
Well isn't that what you want, two completely different forwards who in some games you can play together.
I've also read, somewhat unrealistic wishes for both Periera and Buendia.
Don't get me wrong both are really decent players but, Buendia has the edge for me, quite a large edge actually.
I think the love of Pereira comes about because of the game he had against us, how often has the club pissed money up the wall, buying players that have played like world beaters against us, only to prove to be dead weights?
The team does need strengthening in other area's I agree but, it would prove reckless to do too much in one shot. For example, buying another rightback when we'll have Guilibert back from loan. We do need another leftback, a centreback to replace Engels and a proper DM.
We also need to come up with a different formation, for when 4-2-3-1 isn't working.
I keep hearing everyone say how Guilbert is fine for us next season, which I also think he would be, but.... he is out of contract this summer. There's every chance he'll decide to go somewhere that he plays every week.

I keep hearing everyone say how Guilbert is fine for us next season, which I also think he would be, but.... he is out of contract this summer. There's every chance he'll decide to go somewhere that he plays every week.
That was a very short deal then ? Two year deal ??

Didn’t realise he was out of contract in the summer, not sure if that is right or not. If so he will probably be on his bike, Deano doesn’t seem to rate him too highly, had him behind Elmo and an out of position Konsa end of last season. The deal to sign him had been lined up before Deano joined us too

Not read anywhere that Guilbert is out of contract and I find it hard to believe we signed him on a two and a half year deal which included that initial loan back to his previous club.

Looking at his rating on WhoScored, which of course you have to take with a pinch of salt, in his short time at Strasbourg his average rating puts him as the 12th best player in the division… now I’m not saying he should be playing for us because of some arbitrary statistical ranking but it shows he certainly isn’t a complete waste of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.