Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

This has been awful. Got to be honest, we all said about Connor starting and I think Mapp goy it wrong. Trying to play from the back but sometimes grant is 50 yards away!

Well we have been bullied by them and intimidated by their supporters. Very poor, and clear that we really didn't know how to approach the game when we got on the field. If something happens it will be Rogers who is trying to drag the team up by its bootlaces.

we've struggled to put 3 passes together and Sunderland are putting in full blooded challenges everytime. They are playing like they really mean it, we are not. I think we've got the wrong team out there. we need to compete in the midfield more, and need mcgrandles on there. Sunderland could have had 4 to be fair. The penalty involving Palmer, could have been given, we were lucky. I dont think Appleton can afford to do nothing at half time. we need a change of some sort or we are going to conced another 2 at least in the 2nd half at this rate.

We look like rabbits caught in the headlights, whenever we do get on the ball going forward they just kick lumps out of us, especially Rodgers.

TOO PASSIVE.
i think we froze, and played into their hands, they must be loving it.
on the back foot all the time. playing random long balls, and nervy passes. carrying half a team of passengers, and where has grant gone?

massively disappointing 45. but it is still level!!!

Still in it and I am more optimistic for the second half. I know we have been hammered (metaphorically and physically) in the first half, but I see a few signs of Sunderland easing off the pedal a little bit and I think they will find it hard to keep up the intensity for a whole 45 minutes in the second half, let alone any extra time there may be.

One little bit of magic from from Rogers, Grant or Johnson could turn it around and I would like to see McGrandles on and maybe Bramall to run at them down the left.

They had a plan so far its worked for them . We just need to be better then them in 2nd half ma will know players will know lets just hope they can do it

Think Walsh for Montsma. TJ playing well although he lost Wyke for their second. Palmer is looking a bag of nerves, maybe should have kept Bursik.

I just don't know what Appleton was thinking. Today was all about protecting our lead, possibly sneaking a goal, and not playing kamikaze football.

He knew it would be high pressure, he knew that they have a bunch of battlers in the middle and he elects to keep McGrandles on the bench and Johnson facing three guys twice his size.

Result: no engine, no outball, Scully and Rogers isolated and Hopper even more so.

We're lucky we're not 4-0 down.