So, how is everyone feeling about Saturday? | Page 3 | Vital Football

So, how is everyone feeling about Saturday?

It is definately ours for the taking Dont get me wrong on their day Sunderland can score stats dont lie, Just need to keep them quiet early and hopefull nick one, They are not better then us its if we keep our nerve, Optimistic but still tad nervous, Whatever happens we cant change a fantastic season

We will score, I have no doubt about it. We have the pace and showed that in the first half. The mackems have scored more often in the 1st 20mins than any other team. We have the best away record.

Personally, I would be brave and press the chuffers in that first 20mins & blow them out. However, I am realistic and still go by that we will score at least one. That means them scoring 3 which in turn will give us counter attack options.

At full strength we are the best footballing side in Lge 1 without a doubt, better than Pboro & Hull. We are naive though due to youth. So its crucial no silly cheap freekicks 35 yards out or daft mistakes. Do that & we will be 60% of the way there.

UTI

We will score, I have no doubt about it. We have the pace and showed that in the first half. The mackems have scored more often in the 1st 20mins than any other team. We have the best away record.

Personally, I would be brave and press the chuffers in that first 20mins & blow them out. However, I am realistic and still go by that we will score at least one. That means them scoring 3 which in turn will give us counter attack options.

At full strength we are the best footballing side in Lge 1 without a doubt, better than Pboro & Hull. We are naive though due to youth. So its crucial no silly cheap freekicks 35 yards out or daft mistakes. Do that & we will be 60% of the way there.

UTI
I remarked during the game that we did well not giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Was something we seemed to do earlier in the season.

Feeling relatively chilled this evening.

However, I think I may have mixed four measures of screenwash concentrate into a cocktail instead of blue curacao, so the two may be connected.

Very clean internally, though.

Nervous very nervous, as a pessimist I always foresee the worst, If it goes our way, it will be a huge bonus.
We need to defend from the front with the high press, but not defend on too deep line.

I remarked during the game that we did well not giving away free kicks in dangerous positions. Was something we seemed to do earlier in the season.
Horrendously so. With McGeady confirmed as having settled his contractual differences with Sunnerlan a little earlier (oh yeah, that'll be right), we need to make sure we avoid giving the contract rebel any opportunities to do the unexpected and launch the ball very specifically towards Wyke's head...

How am I feeling? I suppose being wide awake at 5am on a Saturday gives an idea?
I just hope we can get some reasonable possession early on. We’ve seen in some games where we’ve sat back and invited pressure once we’ve gone ahead, and despite saying we’ll treat it like a game to win, subconsciously the players are going to be more cautious. If we cede too much pressure then eventually a ball will land on Wykes head.
On the other hand I expect Sunderland to be more aggressive and this may give us more chance to get behind them, so I hope if it does we’re more clinical in our finishing if we get any one on ones.
Other than having these thoughts going through my head all night I’m fine.
Having 2nd Covid jab at 12 & on taxi duties later so can’t even have a drink to calm my nerves.

Woke up early and excited It feels like another cup final, as we head inextricably towards a level of football few of us have witnessed or even expected.

Would go for them early and frustrate them by keeping possession. Think they will try to bully Palmer and try to get an early booking for Bridcutt: the game will need a strong ref. Their one dimensional play suggests we might try to shadow McGeady and starve him of the ball. A job for Scully perhaps?

There’s going to be some serious nail biting ahead, but optimistic that by 5.30 pm we have booked a place at Wembley. Come on City: Seize the Day.

Been up since 4.30am saturday will go to bed at 8 ish up for 12.30am sunday morning kick off. Really hope the lads can do the job

Not too sure re Ref M Salisbury, we've not had him for some time though, we will see, think MA&DK will just play it as before. Maybe 1 change with Walsh coming in will be interesting game, sure we can win this, listened to MA interview, he wants to play to win.
come on boys