The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 79 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Dele Alli last night reminded me of Ross Barkley. I know a few on here want him but that display was not good at all. Poor quality and looked like he couldn't be arsed.
To be fair to Spurs - and let this be the only time - they were clearly a bit shellshocked going into that game and having your fans protest at their first game back through the turnstiles has got to affect you.

Delle Ali has been treated like shit rather than nurtured by Spurs and I could see Dean having him purring. He comes across as confident but not afraid to self-criticise in a way totally different to Ross.

Watching Dele Alli last night reminded me of Ross Barkley. I know a few on here want him but that display was not good at all. Poor quality and looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Think Jose had a reason for dropping him. Gifted, but I suspect he's a pita in the dressing room. One of the reasons Son was so quiet was the Alli ignored him. Anyway, Levy will either want a fortune for him or keep him.

No one would risk taking Ali on a permanent deal in the covid Era. Too much of a risk.

There will always be someone who thinks they can get him back to his best. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a loan move to a Newcastle or Palace, maybe Poch might have him in Paris

There will always be someone who thinks they can get him back to his best. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a loan move to a Newcastle or Palace, maybe Poch might have him in Paris
I think he's another Barkley at this stage. It's not really about bad treatment at Spurs, his game was on the decline well before that.

He looks like a player who to me peaked very early and it has been all been downhill since. He'd also be extremely expensive in terms of wages.

Think Jose had a reason for dropping him. Gifted, but I suspect he's a pita in the dressing room. One of the reasons Son was so quiet was the Alli ignored him. Anyway, Levy will either want a fortune for him or keep him.

I think they will struggle to find anyone who wants him, regardless of the money. Pre-Covid, one of the promoted teams or bottom rung teams would have signed him for big money but Covid has changed the game. He might be able to get a loan.

Poch had been leaving him out of the team before Mourinho arrived, so I don't think he'll be in for him. I think he's another of those players who plateau at a certain age, combined with a mentality of "I've made it as a player" and they aren't up for the challenge of improving or adapting.... Wilshere, David Bentley, Ross Barkley, Andy Carroll, Christian Benteke, Agbonlahor, Drinkwater, there's plenty of them around who never sustain early-career "potential."

I think he's another Barkley at this stage. It's not really about bad treatment at Spurs, his game was on the decline well before that.

He looks like a player who to me peaked very early and it has been all been downhill since. He'd also be extremely expensive in terms of wages.

Yes, I think they will struggle to shift him for the fee Levy will be looking for. Just think one of the mid-table teams will possibly come and take him on loan

Poch had been leaving him out of the team before Mourinho arrived, so I don't think he'll be in for him. I think he's another of those players who plateau at a certain age, combined with a mentality of "I've made it as a player" and they aren't up for the challenge of improving or adapting.... Wilshere, David Bentley, Ross Barkley, Andy Carroll, Christian Benteke, Agbonlahor, Drinkwater, there's plenty of them around who never sustain early-career "potential."

Bit harsh putting Tekkers in that list. I think Liverpool was just a bad fit for him, he needs the ball into him early when he has space. He was never going to get that under Rodgers

I've just looked and all of the links are from dodgy, unreliable sources not worth putting up.

With Kane going though I could see the possibility of this happening?

You could possibly see it going through but with how tight Spurs are, How much pressure Tammy would be under to match Kane’s void, especially as he dropped back a lot to link up play, and going to a rival derby club which won’t go down well, If Tammy had the option to play with us or Spurs I genuinely believe he would choose us.

He knows players here, he knows the manager, less pressure, more service, whereas at Spurs players might ignore him and go for glory themselves, an he is already loved for what he did in the Championship, linking up with Grealish and Watkins, with more exciting flare joining us in the summer, no booing crowds and if we’re honest we’ve got bigger ambitions than Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.