Great Britain | Page 4 | Vital Football

Great Britain

There were pros and cons to EU membership but the balance was overwhelmingly to our benefit in terms of personal freedom and opportunity to live, love and work abroad, environmental quality, workers right, a huge tariff free export market on our doorstep etc.
Do you not remember paddling on the beach and squidging a turd between your toes?

Never wanted to work or live abroad quite happy living and working in Lancashire married a Lancashire lass ( they could not leave things alone put Dalton in Furness in Cumbria) 1974.......

Never wanted to work or live abroad quite happy living and working in Lancashire married a Lancashire lass ( they could not leave things alone put Dalton in Furness in Cumbria) 1974.......

I am sure that is the case but you have lost nothing by voting brexit apart from the inevitable economic debacle and the break up of the United Kingdom. I might also add you have gained nowt except for the opportunity to shag the flag. Many of us have suffered irreparable damage to our lifestyle and opportunities especially the youth.

I see although we supposed to be short of money ,food banks homeless and the elderly struggling with care costs some of our cloth eared M.Ps want to increase the aid budget by four billion they forget it is our money not theirs.(borrowed at that).Charity begins at home and if the do Golders wish to give part of their wages increase their own mortgage that is there choice good luck to them.I give my own money to the charity’s I support I do not use my neighbours.

I see although we supposed to be short of money ,food banks homeless and the elderly struggling with care costs some of our cloth eared M.Ps want to increase the aid budget by four billion they forget it is our money not theirs.(borrowed at that).Charity begins at home and if the do Golders wish to give part of their wages increase their own mortgage that is there choice good luck to them.I give my own money to the charity’s I support I do not use my neighbours.
We've got loads of money: the government gave their cronies at Serco £22 billion for a failed track and trace operation. No checks or balances in the contract. That's at far more cost to us as taxpayers than an increased foreign aid budget.

We've got loads of money: the government gave their cronies at Serco £22 billion for a failed track and trace operation. No checks or balances in the contract. That's at far more cost to us as taxpayers than an increased foreign aid budget.
You nail it there Abel.

So you believe it right to further deprive our own people by giving our money abroad rather than to those in this country who need it.

You've got the blinkers on, prem. Hardly the 'world wise' attitude you were professing a few weeks ago when we were discussing lowering the voting age.

I am not saying I believe in cronyism ,I am saying all our taxes should be well spent and always to benefit our own.Natural disasters should of course be special cases.Not many know that our dependency’s do not qualify for overseas aid.I also believe that if we have spare money it would be better used in taking a controlling interest in for example the steel industry…It is time that the utilities came back under U.K. control Gas,Electric and Water to name three.

Prem, in case your Fylde goggles are limiting your vision let me point out that what happens in anyone part of our planet directly or indirectly impacts on every other part of the planet. Your attitude is blinkered , profoundly selfish and lacking in basic understanding of the world we all inhabit.

Prem, in case your Fylde goggles are limiting your vision let me point out that what happens in anyone part of our planet directly or indirectly impacts on every other part of the planet. Your attitude is blinkered , profoundly selfish and lacking in basic understanding of the world we all inhabit.
If your house is on fire or in danger of collapse you do not send the fire engine to the next city at least not until your fire is out.The world would be a better place if we did not keep interfering in things that did not concern us.

Totally irrelevant analogy.:toot:Our part in abusing the cultures and environments in both the colonial period and more recently will come back to bite us and we need to be generous and open hearted to help heal the world we have injured. Time to face up to our responsibilities and become Great Britain rather than Grate Britain.

Totally irrelevant analogy.:toot:Our part in abusing the cultures and environments in both the colonial period and more recently will come back to bite us and we need to be generous and open hearted to help heal the world we have injured. Time to face up to our responsibilities and become Great Britain rather than Grate Britain.
Something you should understand only so much Honey in the pot and if you give it to every Bear there will be non left for our resident one.

If your driveway needs a cracked paving stone replacing and your neighbour is starving to death then clearly your own paving stone comes first. The implications of cutting our aid budget by one third is that 90 percent of polio vaccinations will not happen. Cannot you grasp the implications of this in an increasingly global world. Boris lack of morality in pandering to his little englander voting base could come back to bite us.

We still donate more than most if not all countries,according to left wing politicians children etc deprived here and surely their needs come first…..
I accept that a lot of our problems are self inflicted but that’s another story.

All this knife crime ,murders,vandalism etc,time perhaps for Mr Birch to make a re appearance….In the case of murder that is 100% safe Mr Noose…

All this knife crime ,murders,vandalism etc,time perhaps for Mr Birch to make a re appearance….In the case of murder that is 100% safe Mr Noose…

My late great second cousin was none other than Albert Pierrepoint and I'm sure he'd totally agree with you Prem but the problem is, and always was, hanging the wrong man; take Timothy Evans as a classic example....

My late great second cousin was none other than Albert Pierrepoint and I'm sure he'd totally agree with you Prem but the problem is, and always was, hanging the wrong man; take Timothy Evans as a classic example....
That is why I say in the case of the death penalty it must be 100% safe ,but too many die because of knife crime gang warfare with no proper deterrent.We appear to have imported a lot of crime due to our soft laws…