Other PL Games - 20/21 | Page 39 | Vital Football

Other PL Games - 20/21

Nobody talking about this...but Blades picking off Everton is a nice bonus as well!!
I think its the opposite. We're very likely to have to beat Leicester on the last day (assuming we also beat Villa) or else we'll end up in the UEFA Europa Conference League (by finishing 7th). Personally it's a competition I'd rather avoid. With Everton still in the frame we had some margin of error.

I think its the opposite. We're very likely to have to beat Leicester on the last day (assuming we also beat Villa) or else we'll end up in the UEFA Europa Conference League (by finishing 7th). Personally it's a competition I'd rather avoid. With Everton still in the frame we had some margin of error.

I love the European nights, I'd hate Jose even more if he was the **** that had denied us these nights next season.

I love the European nights, I'd hate Jose even more if he was the **** that had denied us these nights next season.
So do I. It's a long week without European football. But I doubt whether the Conference league is going to give us much excitement until the latter stages of the competition. Perhaps I shouldn't pre-judge it though.

So do I. It's a long week without European football. But I doubt whether the Conference league is going to give us much excitement until the latter stages of the competition. Perhaps I shouldn't pre-judge it though.

To be fair, I still have no idea of the format, or who will end up in it ?!

Let's cut the crap. The 3rd tier is embarrassing. It's a dog shite tournament with no positives.

CL to 3rd tier of European football?

If we end up in it I would literally give the 16 year olds a run.

Let's cut the crap. The 3rd tier is embarrassing. It's a dog shite tournament with no positives.

CL to 3rd tier of European football?

If we end up in it I would literally give the 16 year olds a run.

I'd try and win it. Getting over the winning line at any competition is all this club should be aiming for next season. It would repair many ills caused by that twat.

I'd try and win it. Getting over the winning line at any competition is all this club should be aiming for next season. It would repair many ills caused by that twat.

Can see both sides of this one. Firstly, having any game at our stadium has to be a good thing.

What is frustrating this season is knowing we had no injuries and still performed badly. If we were in the Europa conference league and had 4 or 5 injuries, then I'm with RD on playing the kids. After the condensed schedule due to COVID and the summer comps, it's probably the 21/22 season where we see the burnout of players.

I don't have an issue with ANY European football, or for that matter ANY competition that Spurs are involved in. Extra matches to be able to watch my team, rather than 'other' matches would fulfil my football viewing appetite!!

Yes, acknowledging that in EL, playing pub teams in far reaches of so called Europe is bad enough, but Con Legue may throw up some villages even more remote!

The old Thurs/Sun cliche' will no doubt rear it's head, but if we have a new man at the helm, he'd welcome extra matches to truly assess the squad/academy. I'd tell our talisman (Kane/Son, whoever) he/they will not be involved in qualifiers and half the group matches. Poch and Jose were guilty of burning out all the senior players.

No point complaining that our youth aren't given a chance and turn our noses up at an opportunity to do just that.

I don't have an issue with ANY European football, or for that matter ANY competition that Spurs are involved in. Extra matches to be able to watch my team, rather than 'other' matches would fulfil my football viewing appetite!!

Yes, acknowledging that in EL, playing pub teams in far reaches of so called Europe is bad enough, but Con Legue may throw up some villages even more remote!

The old Thurs/Sun cliche' will no doubt rear it's head, but if we have a new man at the helm, he'd welcome extra matches to truly assess the squad/academy. I'd tell our talisman (Kane/Son, whoever) he/they will not be involved in qualifiers and half the group matches. Poch and Jose were guilty of burning out all the senior players.

No point complaining that our youth aren't given a chance and turn our noses up at an opportunity to do just that.

It really is the luck of the draw where the English ECL team would have to travel to. With places like Ireland getting 3 slots and Scotland getting 2, we could find ourselves having a great gig.

I always think that a change is as good as a rest and the squad quite like the trips.

It's on par with the Audi cup Ex. It really is bottom of the barrel tripe.

Play. Win. Move on. Repeat.

We. Need. To. Learn. How. To. Win.

We do, and it would be a European trophy, beyond that I couldn't care less what it's called. It would be UEFA silverware, we're not that big that we can afford to turn our noses up at it.

I guarantee you it will have some big names in it and will not be a walkover.

We do, and it would be a European trophy, beyond that I couldn't care less what it's called. It would be UEFA silverware, we're not that big that we can afford to turn our noses up at it.

I guarantee you it will have some big names in it and will not be a walkover.

Some massive names....

Clwb Pêl Droed Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Football Club

:rofl:

The reward for the winners is a Europa slot which it has proved is not that easy to get via the PL.

As I understand it, the winner will also win silverware, not 'just' a place in the following years Europa?

see:

'Europa League 2': Uefa confirms new tournament from 2021
Last updated on
2 December 20182 December 2018.From the section European Football
_104589755_ceferin_getty.jpg
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin confirmed the news after their meeting in Dublin
A third European club competition with the working title 'Europa League 2' will be introduced from 2021.
One English team will enter the play-offs of the new tournament, while Scottish sides may miss out on Europa League places in a reshuffle.
As part of Uefa's 2021-2024 cycle, the Europa League will cut in size to 32 teams with an extra play-off round between the group stage and last 16.
The new tournament will be played on Thursdays alongside the Europa League.
Every country's champions will still enter the Champions League, but only teams from the 15 top-ranked countries will go into the Europa League group stages or qualifiers.
That means teams from leagues below that level - which at the moment would include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, excluding their champions - would go straight into 'UEL2' qualifying rounds.
The new competition and Europa League will have the same format - eight groups of four teams with the winners going into the last 16. There will be a play-off before that round for the teams who finish second in the group and sides who finish third in the groups of the higher tournament.
The winners of the tournament will qualify for the following season's Europa League.
The Champions League format does not change.
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin said: "The new competition makes Uefa's club competitions more inclusive than ever before. There will be more matches for more clubs, with more associations represented in the group stages.
"This competition was born out of ongoing dialogue with clubs through the European Club Association."
At least 34 countries will have teams in a group stage, compared to 26 at the moment.