What was the last film you watched | Page 487 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Cellular - it's a dated film from 2004 with a weak script about a lady who gets kidnapped. Jason Statham is the main baddie. He's the star of the film really. It's not bad but it's not good either. 5/10

I wanted to watch that in the cinema but Covid.

I've actually been putting it off, because of all the hype about how hard the plot is to follow.

I was pleasantly surprised last night, and enjoyed the contortions and paradoxes it set up.

I just wish they would sort out the sound on some off these films. Mumbling is so annoying, when you are trying to follow a complex plot I have a sound system that usually clarifies the voices, but it really struggled with this one. Maybe the cinema would solve this?

Rocketman - it's the Elton John biopic. He was before my time really so I've never been that into his music but it's a good film made better with the music and theatricality. 8/10

Men In Black - you've seen it so I won't cover the plot. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's a classic but it's very good. 8/10

Army Of The Dead on Netflix. Docu drama of the time Las Vegas was overrun by the living dead, or zombies if you are comfortable with that politically incorrect term. The US government obviously tried to keep it secret but this will blow the lid off it.

I assume it is based on a real story anyway, very realistic.

(And entertaining!)

:grinning:

Friday The 13th parts 1-4

Seen bits when I was a kid, never watched them properly. Funny that it takes half way into Part 3 before Jason dons the famous hockey mask.

Fun horror crap to watch, I'm a bit intrigued by shitty horror sequels and how exhausted franchises get.

I can't wait for 'Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan'.

Falling Down.

Made in 1993 but as relevant today. Michael Douglas plays a man so exasperated with the fcuktards in society that he starts wasting them. He is equally as hacked off with his Mrs and has that to contend with. :lol:

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood - oh, man. I adore this film. It's the Mr Rodgers biopic. It's so well made and beautifully told. It's emotional. I knew who Mr Rodgers was but I never saw any of his TV show. I thought it might be a bit boring and more suitable for my kids but it's completely not that.

I haven't been blown away by a film like this since Calvary.

Martyrs from 2008. French film but this was dubbed. Starring Morjana Alaoui &
Mylène Jampanoï.

Fifteen years after a horrifying experience of abduction and prolonged torture, Lucie embarks on a bloody quest for revenge against her oppressors. Along with her childhood friend, Anna, who also suffered abuse, she quickly descends, without hope, into madness and her own delusions. Anna, left on her own begins to re-experience what Lucie did when she was only twelve years old.

Quite a disturbing psychological horror. 7/10

Wrath of Man starring Jason Statham, Holt McCallany, Rocci Williams & Scott Eastwood.

Mysterious and wild-eyed, a new security guard for a cash truck surprises his co-workers when he unleashes precision skills during a heist.

The new Jason Statham film. It's not bad actually, though it takes a bit of following. Directed by Guy Ritchie. 7/10