Great Britain | Page 2 | Vital Football

Great Britain

1979 was around the time I was leaving school and the country was a mess thanks to Thatcher. No jobs, no future and no cares whatsoever for the working family from that evil Witch who just looked after her well paid cronies. She was that narcissistic she thought she was Queen of England and as I suffered at her hands I will NEVER forget.

1979 was around the time I was leaving school and the country was a mess thanks to Thatcher. No jobs, no future and no cares whatsoever for the working family from that evil Witch who just looked after her well paid cronies. She was that narcissistic she thought she was Queen of England and as I suffered at her hands I will NEVER forget.
Suggest you go back to School Thatcher only became P.M. in 79 following Wilson /Callahan so could not be responsible for the unemployment when you left school ....Put the blame where it belongs Labour Winter of Discontent no bins emptied etc strikes .

To be fair Prem Bob said "about" and it didn’t take the Evil Witch long to begin the economic carnage. Callaghan had brought inflation down to single figures and it was plummeting but the Broom Riding Harridan took it up to the the stratosphere over 25 percent. But for the jingoism surrounding the Falklands the polls suggest she would have rightly been sent packing.

Correct Bear. I did say 'around 79' when in actual fact I left school in June 1980 by which time Thatcher had scrapped apprenticeships and replaced them with FREE labour and called them Youth Training Schemes. BUT what they actually were were exploitation of the masses. They 'paid' £2 a week more than the dole, were FREE to employers (tax payer funded) and ran for either six or twelve months and NEVER resulted in a full time, employer funded job at the end of it. The whole thing was a Thatcher scam to 'hide' the real unemployment numbers which were already high under her.

I suggest YOU go back to school Prem and don't be so quick to judge before you know the facts.

And if you knew what I know (being privvy to some military 'secrets' regarding the REAL reason we went to war with Argentina) you wouldn't hold Thatcher in such high esteem either.

To be fair Prem Bob said "about" and it didn’t take the Evil Witch long to begin the economic carnage. Callaghan had brought inflation down to single figures and it was plummeting but the Broom Riding Harridan took it up to the the stratosphere over 25 percent. But for the jingoism surrounding the Falklands the polls suggest she would have rightly been sent packing.
Dream on my Bearded Dreamer do you not remember the year of discontent,?

Correct Bear. I did say 'around 79' when in actual fact I left school in June 1980 by which time Thatcher had scrapped apprenticeships and replaced them with FREE labour and called them Youth Training Schemes. BUT what they actually were were exploitation of the masses. They 'paid' £2 a week more than the dole, were FREE to employers (tax payer funded) and ran for either six or twelve months and NEVER resulted in a full time, employer funded job at the end of it. The whole thing was a Thatcher scam to 'hide' the real unemployment numbers which were already high under her.

I suggest YOU go back to school Prem and don't be so quick to judge before you know the facts.

And if you knew what I know (being privvy to some military 'secrets' regarding the REAL reason we went to war with Argentina) you wouldn't hold Thatcher in such high esteem either.
I remember them well Benn getting Stokes to take over BMC and calling it British Leyland ,Leyland striking because they wanted parity with Longridge ruining both ,I was working at Leyland so remember it well..Leyland had most of the Bus Market and 45% of the car market strikes etc soon put an end to that.All pre you leaving school .

Everything I have stated is fact not your fantasy. Bob is correct.

Your good ship SS Great Britain is limping along now, the Scottish Stern is threatening to become detached, there is Whale damage to the starboard and the NI lifeboat is in the water.:toot:The passengers on this SAGA cruise chose the wrong skipper and an incompetent crew.Unless it can somehow manage to dock again in Europe the channel will be its watery grave.:tophat:

I remember them well Benn getting Stokes to take over BMC and calling it British Leyland ,Leyland striking because they wanted parity with Longridge ruining both ,I was working at Leyland so remember it well..Leyland had most of the Bus Market and 45% of the car market strikes etc soon put an end to that.All pre you leaving school .

So no commentary about my period in time then? No recognition of what Thatcher did at that time? No, you've completely ignored the argument.

So no commentary about my period in time then? No recognition of what Thatcher did at that time? No, you've completely ignored the argument.
You and Bear completely Brain Washed so I am wasting my my time trying to convert the unconvertable.

Didn't he cross the floor of the chamber or did he leave the rabid tory vermin to join the even further right nut jobs? I couldn't imagine him representing a sensible party.:silly:
The only comment I will make on that is stood over 12 elections 45 yrs 3 councils and never lost an election.Stood down at 71 .Must have done something right.

The only comment I will make on that is stood over 12 elections 45 yrs 3 councils and never lost an election.Stood down at 71 .Must have done something right.

Impressive record. One can fool most of the people most of the time.:tophat: The Fuhrer of the Fylde, Pol Pot of Poulton, Lenin of Lytham , Reagan of the Ribble or just our crazy old forum pal, Premier of The Pier, Tory of The Tram, Dictator of the Dipper, Sir Wally of The Sea Wall or Tito of the Tower ? I shall settle on Boris of Bloomers :silly:

Impressive record. One can fool most of the people most of the time.:tophat: The Fuhrer of the Fylde, Pol Pot of Poulton, Lenin of Lytham , Reagan of the Ribble or just our crazy old forum pal, Premier of The Pier, Tory of The Tram, Dictator of the Dipper, Sir Wally of The Sea Wall or Tito of the Tower ? I shall settle on Boris of Bloomers :silly:
Go and lie down you had a late night and not thinking straight.......

Planet Premier is a strange world indeed. An alternate reality.:silly::wheelchair::chill: :clown: :toot:
Not as strange as the madness that is swallowing our once great country,A rail company apologised for one of guards saying Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen appears a a passenger who apparantly is
neither claimed he was discriminated against.I give up madness.

Not as strange as the madness that is swallowing our once great country,A rail company apologised for one of guards saying Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen appears a a passenger who apparantly is
neither claimed he was discriminated against.I give up madness.

I would be far more concerned that we have a government that reneges on agreements . The arrest , jailing and deportation of EU citizens who were here to attend job interviews as provided for by the Withdrawal Agreement is an outrage.
Nothing mad about being linguistically inclusive. Dear passengers would suffice.

I would be far more concerned that we have a government that reneges on agreements . The arrest , jailing and deportation of EU citizens who were here to attend job interviews as provided for by the Withdrawal Agreement is an outrage.
Nothing mad about being linguistically inclusive. Dear passengers would suffice.
What the two Indians arrested in Glasgow has to do with my post and India is not in Europe......The point I am making is we are too woke and hostage of people who are me me,

What the two Indians arrested in Glasgow has to do with my post and India is not in Europe......The point I am making is we are too woke and hostage of people who are me me,
Of all your bizarre posts this one takes the :silly: prize. Who mentioned the Glasgow incident? Check out the Guardian online for the story of young EU citizens being arrested and jailed before being deported when they arrived to attend interviews as they are entitled to do. Utterly barbaric, illegal and in no way justifiable.