The player who left thread | Page 369 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

As per Platy and others earlier in the thread mate, I know most of the idiotic and couldn't tie their own shoelace sites on the interweb have linked it to his small shin pads but shin splints are in no way related to that matey.

It's akin to saying if you use a walking stick you can never break your leg.

Basically, he's been doing too much running and been played too much by the coaching staff. He's missed 11? games and still played more minutes that half the top players this season

Shin splints are one of the most common running injuries. They are the result of tired or inflexible calf muscles putting too much stress on tendons, which become strained and torn.
In most cases, shin splints is an overuse injury caused by small tears in the lower leg muscles. Worn-out shoes or lack of cushioning can also contribute to the problem, as can over-pronation and running on hard surfaces.

Any chance of him playing with normal socks and shin pads from now on? Or does he miss a third of every other season from now on...

The players nowadays all wear tiny shin pads, enough to adhere to the rules and that’s it. If you don’t believe me the watch a re run of the Saints v Palace second half from last night during which they highlighted and focused in on the the lack of coverage a shin pad was giving one of the players.
Now I think SJ‘s are perhaps even smaller than the average shin pad but point remains that every premier league player wears a pad that offers barely any protection so it’s simply not true that SJ gets injured becuase of his shin pads, or lack of them as the case is.

We need a top quality midfielder to play with him and take some of the reliance on him away. Opposition know that if they gang up on Jack we become much less of a threat. Give them something else to worry about.

The players nowadays all wear tiny shin pads, enough to adhere to the rules and that’s it. If you don’t believe me the watch a re run of the Saints v Palace second half from last night during which they highlighted and focused in on the the lack of coverage a shin pad was giving one of the players.
Now I think SJ‘s are perhaps even smaller than the average shin pad but point remains that every premier league player wears a pad that offers barely any protection so it’s simply not true that SJ gets injured becuase of his shin pads, or lack of them as the case is.

As you're barely allowed to put a hard tackle in anymore, there probably isn the same need for shinpads as there was back 20+ years ago

As you're barely allowed to put a hard tackle in anymore, there probably isn the same need for shinpads as there was back 20+ years ago
I think the shinpad is one of the most overrated items of “protection”. In all the years I played (starting in the 1970s when a fair tackle was about 300% more physical than it is today) I got one injury on my shin and that was from a slide tackle that I made myself on a snow covered pitch when a jagged piece of ice went through my sock... after they brought in the rule requiring them I literally can never recall thinking I’m glad I had my shin pads there....

From what Dean said Jack may be back but on the bench. I'm sure Jack will be delighted at that :grinning:

If that is the case Dean will have to cope with demands to let him on the pitch.

Given how we were struggling before his injury, I still think it's safe to say we'd probably have at least five more points on the board had he been around.

Maybe it was me, but I thought Ramsey, Luiz and Davis in particular were lifted once he came on.