Leicester v Us | Page 5 | Vital Football

Leicester v Us

Guaranteed safety now. Forget the maths, the season ends tonight but great to see a team put the effort in for 80 minutes or so.

Could have ended 8-6 in our favour that but 4-2 will do. Just got to hope for the fakeover to come off and our days can be filled with the unknown again rather than hoping to beat the drop.

man of the match is pretty obvious considering the goals but Matt Ritchie needs to gain recognition for his massive part in the turnaround since his return. For me, he should be captain.

Performance of the season . Willock attacks space from midfield brilliantly. The partnership between Maxi and Wilson looks really promising. Almiron back to the Duracell bunny in midfield. Dubravka showing again (his performance against Liverpool removed any doubt for me) why he's in and Darlow isn't. Fernandez superb in the air. Great team performance. Shelvey still played Murphy into terrible trouble on one occasion although I could swear he did break into something resembling a trot so that's progress for him.

I was thinking on whether to bother watching on a Friday night. Given some of our performances this season I was tempted not to. Glad I did, that was excellent. Good match and good performances all round. Even wor lass wasn't moaning about me, monopolising the telly. Tremendous We're gonna win the league.

One of the most positive things about this match thread is ASM barely gets a mention

For once everybody played their part and we weren't over reliant on Saint Max
Aye good point Mc.
Thought cheese slice was crap and although our keeper made good saves at crucial times, laid himself open for criticism yet again with their first goal.

Still can't work out if Bruce's plan made them look that bad or we were really that good ?

Despite the hysteria and hypocrisy, It's now very clear, or should be anyways, that injuries to key players have significantly effected our tactics and points tally.

What a superb finish by Wilson to make it 4 and despite a couple of well taken goals by Leicester it was a welcome 3 points. Another cracking save by Dubs from Perez saved a final 2 minutes of torture. An observation was Fernadez was a tower of strength at the back. So many headers won was the difference
Aye

Aye good point Mc.
Thought cheese slice was crap and although our keeper made good saves at crucial times, laid himself open for criticism yet again with their first goal.

Still can't work out if Bruce's plan made them look that bad or we were really that good ?

Despite the hysteria and hypocrisy, It's now very clear, or should be anyways, that injuries to key players have significantly effected our tactics and points tally.

Regarding Bruce's plan - It was more evident to me on Friday night (not saying it hasn't happened before but it was more noticeable) that Wilson & ASM were the first line of defence just inside our own half.

I realise we've played with 11 men behind the ball in the past but Wilson and ASM seemed to be working well in tandom closing players down and limiting space for Leicester to build attacks

This seemed to lead to our midfield nicking balls and getting forward quicker than other games

Regarding Bruce's plan - It was more evident to me on Friday night (not saying it hasn't happened before but it was more noticeable) that Wilson & ASM were the first line of defence just inside our own half.

I realise we've played with 11 men behind the ball in the past but Wilson and ASM seemed to be working well in tandom closing players down and limiting space for Leicester to build attacks

This seemed to lead to our midfield nicking balls and getting forward quicker than other games
I did notice Mc but jumped to the conclusion it was Bruce being unnecessarily negative.
Your observation does make sense however, it was also apparent that we attempted to feed Wilson from wide defensive positions rather than midfield.