Great Britain | Vital Football

Great Britain

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
Time to go back to A Country called Britain of which England,Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland become regional ..

To Expand we should all accept we are citizens of Britain made up of four permanent regions and work together.

No, we should not accept your fading dreams of restoring our Imperial past.
Bear I believe in a United Kingdom which that idiot Blair brought in Assembly’s thus fuelling Nationalism ...We are all Brits and should be proud to be a British Passport Holder

Well, you had better get used to the idea that the UK is breaking up. That is democracy for you.:tophat:

To quote a young disillusioned punk in an early 80's doco;
"It shouldn't be called Great Britain. It should be called Pathetic Britain........cos it is!"

Last edited:
I am not Ashamed and never will be,Whilst true the Wilson Government started the slide downward Home Secretary Jenkins ,,Heath was no better,

My country right or wrong is the bedrock of fascism. How can you not be ashamed of our withdrawal of foreign aid, a PM without integrity, our role in the arms trade and the general anti intellectual, philistine tone of our culture?

My country right or wrong is the bedrock of fascism. How can you not be ashamed of our withdrawal of foreign aid, a PM without integrity, our role in the arms trade and the general anti intellectual, philistine tone of our culture?
You cannot give what you do not have. the Government does not have any money it takes ours or borrowed using us as collateral.I give to Charity what I can afford but when people like Miliband get well over half a million for Chairing a Charity it makes you think,

0.07 percent of GDP was not a lot and charities like Water Aid were dependent on it. The government and their supporters have blood on their hands as if the debacle of the mishandling of the pandemic was not enough. 127,000 "done".

You cannot give what you do not have. the Government does not have any money it takes ours or borrowed using us as collateral.I give to Charity what I can afford but when people like Miliband get well over half a million for Chairing a Charity it makes you think,
Perhaps if the government hadn't handed out whopping contracts to their mates e.g. Serco at £12 billion pounds for a series of Excel spreadsheets then, like Harry Enfield sang, we'd have loadsamoney.

The 'slide' may have started with Wilson but it was absolutely made absolute by Thatcher when she made millions of people ashamed to be 'British'.

Perhaps if the government hadn't handed out whopping contracts to their mates e.g. Serco at £12 billion pounds for a series of Excel spreadsheets then, like Harry Enfield sang, we'd have loadsamoney.
I will treat that with disdain!

The 'slide' may have started with Wilson but it was absolutely made absolute by Thatcher when she made millions of people ashamed to be 'British'.

I rather liked Wilson but you are bang on about Thatcher who utterly mismanaged the economy stoking inflation to 25 percent and selling off the daily silver to her mates. Compare and contrast with how Norway handled its North Sea bonanza.