Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Difficult to understand how they’ve scouted him, unless he’s been playing for the U-18’s.

Sean does seem to have been out of favour since Xmas, so money in the kitty now and promise of more in the future would be very nice thankyou

He also played for their under 18 team on the 27th April, In the highlights i've seen he seemed to be involved in a few of the good forward moves, but he did give away a penalty.

There is always that sentimental feeling, that you want the academy lads to break in the first team, establish themselves and then go into greater things.

Realistically if we get a decent sum it helps the club on and off the pitch, and funds 2 / 3 new players. This is the model.

I agree. I guess we've got everything right on this one so far. Identifying his potential to bring him here and then getting a professional contract signed when he started fulfilling it.

As much as it would be great for Sean to prosper at Lincoln there should be no downside to him getting a move to a club like Southampton. If the move comes off and we are suitably remunerated I will wish him a long and successful career.

There is potential for very good PR and further reputation building of LCFC along the lines of:

LCFC tailor bespoke and personal educational program at a first class private school for Irish youngster. At 17 years of age he is trusted to play several first team games, earning a three year professional contract in the process. Such is his development and remarkable progress under the coaching pathway provided at LCFC he is offered a dream move to a Premiership Club. Sean moves with the full blessing and best wishes of LCFC. Such career opportunities continue to be available to numerous youngsters at progressive LCFC.

Not a rumour but any chance at all we could bring him home? I think he's said he'd like to play for Lincoln again before he retires - that would have to be the factor over finance I guess.

Very much anticipating 'no chance' responses to this :-)

Havn’t we even here before with other players coming back “home”. It’s all about pounds, schillings and pence these days I’m afraid, sentiment doesn’t come into it. Besides, doubt it suits the City model.

Even if we went up I doubt we’d be able to afford the wages, rumoured 40k a week at stoke.

Havn’t we even here before with other players coming back “home”. It’s all about pounds, schillings and pence these days I’m afraid, sentiment doesn’t come into it. Besides, doubt it suits the City model.

I agree I doubt it suits the model. Re the home thing - I think it's relevant to a degree in this because we (I) wouldn't even be mentioning this in the absence of that link. He's obviously a quality player, we will still be mixing some experience into a very youthful team.