The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 81 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

What's going on with him closing the club shop, sorry sports direct at the ground claiming the new owners don't want it? Just closing it so he can save the wages and blaming somebody else?

Castore will be supplying the kit from now on and will also be handling the club shop . Some are taking this as an indication of progress with the takeover especially as the Reuben Brothers have a stake in Castore as far as I'm aware.

Used to love going in the old supporters shop in them prefabs that used to be at the Haymarket. You basically had to queue up just to get a look in the window on a match day.

With the shite direct reincarnation that became of the one at the gallowgate, it was a waste of space and full of tat. Barely a NUFC item on sale at the end.

With the HMRC case against Ashley's dealings with NUFC being scrapped. Ashley has had this to say tonight.

After four years of the club being subjected to this investigation, I am pleased it has now been discontinued. It's now time for the dark forces that are preventing this football club from becoming the power house that the fans deserve, to step aside.

With the HMRC case against Ashley's dealings with NUFC being scrapped. Ashley has had this to say tonight.

After four years of the club being subjected to this investigation, I am pleased it has now been discontinued. It's now time for the dark forces that are preventing this football club from becoming the power house that the fans deserve, to step aside.

He's been the darkest force of the fucking lot. Cheeky bastard.

As Keggy said, there's been a dark force preventing NUFC from becoming a power house for the last 14 years. In the sizeable shape of Mike Ashley himself, fucking ****!

Hello lads, its been a while. And a fucked up couple of years for us all.

What's the hmrc investigation got to do with the PL blocking the takeover? Is it that the takeover consortium pulled out on two counts, this tax investigation being one of them? So there is only one hurdle remaining, ie the Premier League and the self interested 'big clubs' that pull the strings? So its now worth shifting that obstacle via the courts which would clear the way?

Anti-competition cases carry the penalty of company directors being struck off, jailed or can carry fines of 10% of world turnover. That’s 10% of the Premier leagues turn over in fines, considering the PL are skint as it is they will be very very worried now. Its also a full disclosure case, no hiding, anything and every sordid little detail will be dug up and used in court. Wouldn't want to be Dick Masters and that other **** Hoffman.

What's the hmrc investigation got to do with the PL blocking the takeover? Is it that the takeover consortium pulled out on two counts, this tax investigation being one of them? So there is only one hurdle remaining, ie the Premier League and the self interested 'big clubs' that pull the strings? So its now worth shifting that obstacle via the courts which would clear the way?

As far as I'm aware the HMRC investigation has nothing to do with the takeover unless there was some condition imposed by the buyer based on the outcome of the case.

I'm of the opinion that this move by Ashley and co is essentially a pincer ploy to go alongside the arbitration case. The arbitration case is very much a closed shop with no details to be made public. This case from St James Holdings would be very public and potentially very embarrassing. I believe it's a (somewhat risky) gambit to pressurize the Premier League into settling and therefore ratifying the deal.

Of course this being Ashley it could be a giant exercise in p.r., that the deal is actually deader than a parrot in a Monty Python sketch and that he's trying to get a big bag of cash. This could also be his way of spinning matters so he can try to look the innocent party, the willing seller he's always (falsely) claimed to be and we're in for many more years of tears.

You still running manx ?

You still running manx ?

No mate my knees are fucked and I'm too fat. I'm doing some mountain biking and got a new lab pup to walk so trying to get myself fitter again. And I bought mysrlf a very expensive garmin multi sports watch to help w the motivation. I'm aiming to give running a go again in the next week or two. My missus reckons she will give it a go as well and I'll be bd able to go at least as fast as her!

Are you still running Pie? You're no spring chicken either are you? 70s vintage?

No mate my knees are fucked and I'm too fat. I'm doing some mountain biking and got a new lab pup to walk so trying to get myself fitter again. And I bought mysrlf a very expensive garmin multi sports watch to help w the motivation. I'm aiming to give running a go again in the next week or two. My missus reckons she will give it a go as well and I'll be bd able to go at least as fast as her!

Are you still running Pie? You're no spring chicken either are you? 70s vintage?
Ha ha.... can't argue with you there manx but at 49 I feel like Bambi compared to the oldies on here.
Yes, I'm still running, but more long slow cardio than heart pounding intervals these days.
Like yourself I'm into biking when I can, mainly trails though.
I've had a Garmin 935 for a couple of years now, I get a lot of stick from the back to nature brigade but they are great tools man.

Watch them knees and ligaments mind, especially after a long break and piling weight on.
If your lass humiliates you so be it, better than ending up crocked !
Great to see you posting again :thumbup:

Aren't they wanting to take £100m to give to the clubs lower on the pyramid? I assume that's to be shared out between the 20 PL clubs. Wouldn't that mean £5m less per club? Give Ashliar nightmares ! 😄

Aren't they wanting to take £100m to give to the clubs lower on the pyramid? I assume that's to be shared out between the 20 PL clubs. Wouldn't that mean £5m less per club? Give Ashliar nightmares ! 😄
Ashley will simply spend £5m less on players rocks.
He's already got Bruce spreading the message about us having less funds because of lost revenue from gate receipts.