US Presidential election | Page 82 | Vital Football

US Presidential election

david Icke has been right all along funny enough, years ahead of his time. if u think Biden is still president look at his photos a few years ago, compared to the chap portraying him now.

By the way, I notice the BBC haven’t mentioned anything about the recently published research about at least £1 trillion of banking and insurance funds moving from the City of London to the EU as a result of Brexit. Something I highlighted months ago.
Not sure about those numbers but.....
a) Gross funds under management.
The management fees might be less than 0.5% (OK. that's not nothing !)

b) For "EU", read "Ireland". (well at least for much of that).

c) Where will the investment decisions be done ?
Nominally in Dublin.....
...after consulting with the London office.

d) Where will the trading be done (i.e. in/out of those funds) ?
London ?

e) A lot of Funds invest in other Funds.
Guess where the underlying Funds are mostly managed ?
London ... and Edinburgh.

In short, "gross" numbers mislead.

(p.s. Not sure what a "banking fund" is......??.
Do you mean "Prop. desk" ?
)

Not sure about those numbers but.....
a) Gross funds under management.
The management fees might be less than 0.5% (OK. that's not nothing !)

b) For "EU", read "Ireland". (well at least for much of that).

c) Where will the investment decisions be done ?
Nominally in Dublin.....
...after consulting with the London office.

d) Where will the trading be done (i.e. in/out of those funds) ?
London ?

e) A lot of Funds invest in other Funds.
Guess where the underlying Funds are mostly managed ?
London ... and Edinburgh.

In short, "gross" numbers mislead.

(p.s. Not sure what a "banking fund" is......??.
Do you mean "Prop. desk" ?
)

Refer you to this post On the Brexit thread...

The reason for policies being transferred to EU countries is because the UK lost passporting rights. That was known all along through the process of the Brexit negotiation and the UK made a conscious decision to exclude services from the negotiations.

IPT is a tax. It is paid to the government. It is not invested by insurance companies. It is not a ‘pass through’. It is money that is a loss to the UK Exchequer to the tune of more than £7.2bn worst case scenario. The tax is now collected by EU countries. Those EU countries do not pay the IPT (or the EU equivalent) back to the UK. They keep it for themselves and use it to pay for schools, hospitals, roads.

Another wildlife troll
If this was in the UK it would obviously be funny and a good joke. Sorry to stereotype your fellow citizens Jokerman but I can believe that this woman may be serious.

Was it a joke or is this woman as dumb as she sounds?

If this was in the UK it would obviously be funny and a good joke. Sorry to stereotype your fellow citizens Jokerman but I can believe that this woman may be serious.

Was it a joke or is this woman as dumb as she sounds?

Open verdict, as far as I can tell. My money is on a very good hoax. The way she holds the line through the interview is just too good. Apparently, she has given subsequent interviews saying she made a mistake, but again, I think she's spinning to see how far she can take it.. Of course, I meet Americans who are very intelligent and very funny on a daily basis, so that might be skewing my judgment, although I am British, so you would think I would have retained our God-given ability to voice our prejudices with sublime self-confidence and lack of self-awareness.

Open verdict, as far as I can tell. My money is on a very good hoax. The way she holds the line through the interview is just too good. Apparently, she has given subsequent interviews saying she made a mistake, but again, I think she's spinning to see how far she can take it.. Of course, I meet Americans who are very intelligent and very funny on a daily basis, so that might be skewing my judgment, although I am British, so you would think I would have retained our God-given ability to voice our prejudices with sublime self-confidence and lack of self-awareness.
Fair enough Jokerman re the intlligent Yanks you know. In your environment I believe you. Superb if this woman was playing it along. Great stuff.

As a sweeping prejudiced stereotype, my daughter spent a couple of years working at a posh pub in Oxford whilst at Uni there and said the Yanks were generally really nice but the most ill informed people she'd ever met. This view has been enhanced in her trips around the world since.

Before I get slaughtered, I know this isn't fact and there are ill informed everywhere.

I’ve been to the States a few times.
My opinion
New York - a very special breed
Boston - generally lovely
Southern states - extremes

We once did a drive through from Florida to Texas. Louisiana was the weirdest but still great.

I generally love America.
I love most of Europe as well ( except Sardinia, that was seriously unusual)

Louisiana was the weirdest but still great.

I stayed in Bossier City , part of Shreveport.
Being English round there was a novelty, that's for sure.
As for weird , I witnessed a machine pistol (Uzi) being sold from the boot of a car.
In broad daylight , in a suburban setting.
🤫

Refer you to this post On the Brexit thread...
You may have missed my point.....

Just because deals are re-booked inside the EU does not mean that all - or even most - of the underlying business is "lost" to the UK.
I was trying to show how much financial business finds its way back to the UK.

For example, a chunk of Insurance business has been re-booked in Brussels....
...then re-insured back in London.

i.e. there is some "window-dressing" to assuage EU / other country regulators.