Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

Spursex

Alert Team
Hansi Flick seems a very obvious candidiate.

Who else?

List your preferred name and then we'll stick up a poll from the likely candidates.

Rodgers is the obvious candidate, maybe we'll wait and see if he misses out on CL whereby he might consider us. Bielsa for a season or two would be refreshing after what we've had to put up with over the last year or so, and no doubt some very good youngsters within the Club would be given a real opportunity if he were to join us.

I would imagine whoever the main (long term) target is, it won’t happen until the season is done, so a temp solution for the remainder is quite likely. Maybe Ryan Mason and Ledders can pull us through with one other? Then I’d like to see Naglesmann come in.

Oddschecker: Next Spurs manager odds:
  • Julian Nagelsmann - 4/1
  • Brendan Rodgers - 8/1
  • Carlo Ancelotti - 12/1
  • Max Allegri - 12/1
  • Diego Simeone - 12/1
  • Nuno Espirito Santo - 14/1
  • Rafa Benitez - 14/1
  • Steven Gerrard - 14/1
Interesting that Eddie Howe isn't even on the radar.

• Brendan Rodgers - 8/1
  • Carlo Ancelotti - 12/1
  • Max Allegri - 12/1
  • Diego Simeone - 12/1
  • Rafa Benitez - 14/1
  • Steven Gerrard - 14/1

Ancelloti or Santo for me.

• Brendan Rodgers - 8/1
  • Carlo Ancelotti - 12/1
  • Max Allegri - 12/1
  • Diego Simeone - 12/1
  • Rafa Benitez - 14/1
  • Steven Gerrard - 14/1
Eddie Howe isn't really in the same league as most of those mentioned, he'll probably be rebuilding his career with a strong Championship promotion candidate next season.
It will be interesting though to see how many of those mentioned show an interest in joining Spurs. The job has become something of a poisoned chalice.

Eddie Howe isn't really in the same league as most of those mentioned, he'll probably be rebuilding his career with a strong Championship promotion candidate next season.
It will be interesting though to see how many of those mentioned show an interest in joining Spurs. The job has become something of a poisoned chalice.

lol - just wrote those 2 words "poison chalice" on the other thread.

I think there will be interest Smithy. I'm sure would-be candidates will look at the squad and see that it is significantly underachieving. We're a long way from the levels of City and Liverpool (assuming they recover) but we are better than West Ham and should be at least on a par with Leicester.

What I'm confused about is the role of Ryan Mason.

Is he just taking training until an interim manager is appointed? Is he interim manager himself until the end of season or until a new manager is appointed? the words on the club website are a little confusing.

Could we see Harry Redknapp pitch up at the club in the next 24 hours?

Exclusive: German football expert on Nagelsmann to Spurs after Mourinho sacking

by Harry Sherlock share

2 minute read 19/4/2021 | 12:04pm

Daniel Pinder, editor-in-chief at Get German Football News, doubts that RB Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann will be tempted to move to Tottenham Hotspur, telling Football Fancast that he is likely waiting for the Bayern Munich job.

Spurs sacked Jose Mourinho on Monday, per David Ornstein of The Athletic, in an explosive 24 hours that also saw the club sign up to be founding members of the new European Super League. Ryan Mason and Chris Powell are to take over first-team duties.

Mourinho has struggled at times this season and Spurs are currently seventh in the Premier League table prior to this week’s game with Southampton, and this weekend’s Carabao Cup final against Manchester City.

Reports have previously linked Nagelsmann with the Spurs job, with the Daily Telegraph reporting he would become the top target if Mourinho was sacked.

The 33-year-old has been with Leipzig since 2019, and they are currently second in the Bundesliga, though they are seven points behind leaders Bayern.

Bayern have announced that Hansi Flick, their current coach, will leave the club at the end of the season and Pinder, editor-in-chief at Get German Football News, has speculated that he will take over from Joachim Low as Germany manager after this summer’s European Championships.

And asked about the prospect of Nagelsmann moving to north London, he rejected the assertion, insisting he is far more likely to replace Flick.

He told FFC: “I don’t think Nagelsmann would go to Spurs. I think he’s waiting for the Bayern Munich job.

“I was thinking earlier, there’s already a managerial merry-go-round in Germany, with Marco Rose to Dortmund, Adi Hutter to Gladbach, which then leaves a space at Eintracht Frankfurt.

“I think if Hansi Flick is the coach of the German national team after the Euros then that’ll open up the Bayern Munich spot and I think, ultimately, that’s where Nagelsmann will want to be in the end.”