The Super League Discussion | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Super League Discussion

Would it not be great, should it happen, if all true fans of the supposed breakaway clubs threatening and actually abandoning them ....not renew season tickets not buy the merchandise not subscribe to TV channels showing those elite matches......kick back ...they would then play in covid type stadiums.....i.e empty! Invest instead in the clubs still in the PL and below and create the new top 6 ....and stick with our cups and whatever euro cups remain and promotion and relegation...i.e send those six clubs and any players who platy for them, to Davey Jones's locker.....we must fight this obscene attack on our national game and what it means and stands for ...all of us real fans.......boycott the lot of them bigtime.

It's happening.
Daniel is like The Emperor in star wars.
The stadium should be named the Death Star.
Vador is our manager.
We have truly turned to the dark side.....

I mean....it it would need is a global digital platform like Amazon to stump up the cash to broadcast it....imagine if they had been putting the feelers out for the last couple oglf years....oh no..hold on a min...

Last edited:
It's done.
Statement out.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-clubs-announce-new-super-league-competition/

Playing devil's advocate.....
Eufa are corrupt as fuck.
Fifa are corrupt as fuck.
The FA are wankers.
The premier league only cares about the premier league.

Where's the harm?
Apart from that competition thing.

As true as what you say is, I'm not sure joining them by being more corrupt is the answer. From what I can gather from the statement, all the founding clubs are guaranteed their place season after season, and the minnows across Europe can fight it out for the 5 remaining spots.

Basically, the top clubs and their shareholders are so terrified of the unpredictability of the game that they are engineering a way to make their premium income more certain.

Each founding club being given £3billion plus for committing to this says everything you need to know. This is ripping the heart out of football, rather than the slow dissection we've been living for the last 10 years.

It makes some kind of sense why Jose was appointed now. Big time , big league experience.
The fans need to be sold the idea. What better way than to engineer the failure of missing out on European football by failing in the PL. Then to go back in to Europe and get 300 mil for doing it, and that's just for starters !!
I want to see great players playing for Spurs. This could provide that. At the moment, that seems a way off under the current format.

Last edited:
It's £3billion each.

I think we are going to see player backlash en masse tomorrow because the threat of not being allowed to play for you country is going to ring alarm bells. I wouldn't be surprised if it causes some legal battles with players wanting to break their contracts this summer, regardless of whether this even goes ahead. Plus, we have no idea how the PL and FA are going to react, but I can't see them not punishing the 6 clubs.

If this goes ahead, I can see all the clubs involved being booted out of domestic competitions or at least relegated as punishment. Other clubs will likely boycott the token gesture of one of the five spots up for grabs annually.

This could be the death of football as we know it and I am heartbroken that my club is a part of it.

This was and is inevitable. As I have been saying for years, football is not football's competition, rugby, NFL Football, and basketball are trending in this direction as well. The next sets of teams will come from Asia and the Americas.

I'd rather be on this side of the deal than the other.

It's £3billion each.

I think we are going to see player backlash en masse tomorrow because the threat of not being allowed to play for you country is going to ring alarm bells. I wouldn't be surprised if it causes some legal battles with players wanting to break their contracts this summer, regardless of whether this even goes ahead. Plus, we have no idea how the PL and FA are going to react, but I can't see them not punishing the 6 clubs.

If this goes ahead, I can see all the clubs involved being booted out of domestic competitions or at least relegated as punishment. Other clubs will likely boycott the token gesture of one of the five spots up for grabs annually.

This could be the death of football as we know it and I am heartbroken that my club is a part of it.

It will not be the death of football and the International game will only be disrupted for a short period of time before the players are allowed to play for their country once again......or FIFA will lose control of that as well;

This is Tottenham's way out of the Covid damage. Don't underestimate what not being part of this would do to us. Straight into bankruptcy after all the TV money followed the Super League.

I'd be interested in seeing what the fan reaction was to the PL's introduction.

I assume there will be no relegation if this crap becomes real. That will suit Joe, with a constant revenue stream regardless of results, coach/ manager, game quality.
I became a Spurs supporter at 8 years old, my gran'father saw to that, I'm 81 and gutted at what may now be. I'll keep the picture of those '61 cup winners on the wall but 'supporter' is waning.

It's £3billion each.

3 billion each doesn't add up, I think they will share 3 billion. JP Morgan are funding it at around 5 billion, 3 billion each is 36 billion !!

Well at least we all know the starting point.

The 12 clubs think they can play 38 league games, 18 super league games plus domestic cups. They will opt out of UEFA club competitions.

The governing bodies are saying they will only get the 18 super league games and no participation for any domestic, UEFA or international games.

What is interesting is that the 2022-25 PL broadcasting rights are just about to be negotiated. This puts that whole process up in the air.

What we do know is that this isn't the good guys vs the bad guys. It's the bad guys vs the bad guys. I'm hoping this is the catalyst to change FIFA and UEFA for good.