Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

I note those forecasting relegation next season have suddenly gone very quiet. Never mind the two bouts of Covid and ludicrous injury crisis, eh boys?

Blackpool tired visibly in the final twenty minutes, Lincoln's five pairs of fresh legs in the second half dragged that back. Could have won, had the keeper not pulled off that great save from Jackson's header.

So, we restore Eyoma, Anderson and Scully to the side and it looks so much better. Funny, that.

That must be a confidence builder for the remaining eight games.

Great to see Walsh back and looking so good.

Is there any other player with 14 goals in League One who starts on the bench each week?

A good point today all things considered.

I tell you what, looking at the L1 table, you think we're in bad form then you see Doncaster who've bombed down to mid-table despite being up around us not long back. Accrington have fallen off the edge of a cliff as well and going back a little bit further, Crewe and Plymouth were sniffing PO's at one point and are now down in 15th and 16th.
A season like no other, impossible to guess what will happen next.

The referee today, based on what I saw, will be gutted with the result, the cheating little prick. Morton shouldn't have been booked for the early "foul", and many "fouls" that followed went unnoticed, the scum in the middle.
He certainly seemed to favour the Tangerines today in my view .Scum is a bit harsh though Jules me old Mucker

The referee today, based on what I saw, will be gutted with the result, the cheating little prick. Morton shouldn't have been booked for the early "foul", and many "fouls" that followed went unnoticed, the scum in the middle.
Morton certainly caught the keeper, certainly a foul and probably booking. But a Blackpool player caught one of our outfield players in similar fashion and wasnt booked.

Ref then declared open season for the Blackpool defence on Morton, gingerist little so and so.

I imagine Blackpool fans will be thinking as we did when we managed to lose at Plymouth.

They were so dominant it barely seemed like it was worth watching much more so I was paying more attention to Soccer Saturday until we pulled that goal back from out of the blue.

I thought Blackpool were the best all round team we've played this season.

I'm delighted we somehow managed to nick a point as it should give back masses of confidence that have been lost in the past few weeks. Our team is nowhere near as slick as it was and, worse, defensively solidity has disappeared. We looked like the archetypal lower mid-table team until Scully's goal.

Is that four late goals by us this season that's gained us four points and cost Blackpool five?

It looked like Appleton was playing this as if it was a way to get us into top form for the final matches of the season, which would be sensible if it was the case. With this surprise result we can move forward.

Last edited: