The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are starting to warm up about Sarr and Olise on the social merry-go-round.

Rehashed from the summer and January. Sarrs not exactly tore the championship up but Olise is someone we should be looking at. 8m release clause, only 18 and really making a name for himself.

Missed the boat not buying Buendia (and maybe also Cantwell). Both stunning tonight ...but Norwich will be back up and won't sell IMO.
Norwich must have been asking for silly money for Buendia, I can’t believe no one would have taken him for £25m or possibly more. I guess their more than entitled to do that though. Jury’s still out on Cantwell for me looks like a poor mans Grealish and a bit lightweight too, maybe he’s improved since last year

The length of Heaton’s contract was not announced when he was signed from Burnley for £8 million following Villa’s promotion back to the Premier League in 2019.

However, The Athletic can reveal he is on a two-year deal that expires at the end of this season. Villa will offer him an extension but he will need to weigh up whether to stick it out for another year as their back-up to the impressive Martinez.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2497695/2021/04/06/tom-heaton-aston-villa-future/
Weird that we signed him for 8-10m but only on a two season deal. Maybe his lack of game time has resulted in some sort of early cancellation clause being met (or an automatic renewal clause not being met).

if he leaves good luck to him, he’s a decent keeper but has had a terrible time with injuries, can’t blame him for that. Would be nice for him to stay on so we have genuine quality as back up. We don’t want another Nyland - esque situation on our hands

Weird that we signed him for 8-10m but only on a two season deal. Maybe his lack of game time has resulted in some sort of early cancellation clause being met (or an automatic renewal clause not being met).

Pennies though isn't it when you put it into the context of spending of 2 to 3 season in the EPL. Assume 10MM is correct (thought it was 7MM myself) and say we only spent 200MM (surely well North of that?), that's only 5%.

Its a pity but the sport moves on, Martinez is elite level. I do think we may have been even more successful had he been involved for the final stretch of games. Should we lose Tom I'd look at taking someone from the Championship who starts already or I'd honestly plan for losing Martinez in two seasons to a Barca/Bayern level club. I'd even take Darlow off Newcastle he'd be dependable enough as a backup.

Rehashed from the summer and January. Sarrs not exactly tore the championship up but Olise is someone we should be looking at. 8m release clause, only 18 and really making a name for himself.
Ben Foster reckons Sarr is the fastest player he has ever seen, I saw a question and answers thing with Foster the other day where he stated it.Foster has played at all levels so Sarr must be rapid for him to come out with that one

Sarr looks a cracking player on his day, and has the advantage of being able to play on either wing or down the middle. Just not convinced there is much truth in the story however - Watford look a good bet for promotion at the moment and will likely price him out of a move if they do come up. If there's any truth in them turning down Liverpools bid of £35-40m last summer, surely they would be looking for £50-60m?

Talk of Wolves Chinese owners not opening the wallet so they may have to sell Neto Neves and the headless Chicken

I'd take Neto and Neves off them in a flash they can keep the rugby league player

They are listed at Neves - £45 million and Neto - £31.5 million by transfermarket who normally undervalue players.

those values aren't realistic in this new pandemic world. I would suggest a good % lower
We were in the pandemic in the summer we still paid £30m+ for a championship striker and £20m for a reserve keeper who had played about 10 games in 5 years - both of which would have been insane a few years ago so I can’t see any truth in the idea that transfer values have crashed due to COVID, not at the top level anyway

Sarr looks a cracking player on his day, and has the advantage of being able to play on either wing or down the middle. Just not convinced there is much truth in the story however - Watford look a good bet for promotion at the moment and will likely price him out of a move if they do come up. If there's any truth in them turning down Liverpools bid of £35-40m last summer, surely they would be looking for £50-60m?
Not convinced about Sarr. Pacey but looks decent at championship level. I'm the talent spotter genius who moaned when we signed Peter Withe.

Sarr has 10 goals and 10 assists.
Olise has 6 goals and 10 assists.
Cantwell has 6 goals and 5 assists.
Buendia has 12 goals and 16 assists.

Sarr, Cantwell and Buendia will all get promoted so I can't see them leaving Norwich/Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.