performance coach warns of Jose effect... | Page 2 | Vital Football

performance coach warns of Jose effect...

At the latest next year this time he will be gone. we can struggle and blame the players until then or we just throw him out and start new. He lost to dinamo zagreb, not good enough! He wasnt able to win against a team whos coach was put in prison. A good coach like SAF would have never lost to a side like dinamo in KO Phase. Mauricio beat teams like Ajax and City in KO stages. Jose lost to dinamo. thats all I will remember him for.

About blaming players. At the start of the season he said he was happy with the squad! Most of the players he already had for 6months. If he is that good as they say how didnt he see this misery in summer? My issue is he is not using his tools right. For me its all down to him.

I refused, at any point in my working life, to be an errand boy or get teas for anybody. Needless to say I didn't get very far in those 'careers'.

Then again, until I started working for myself, I was never happy at work anyway.

My first job was to clear up a supermarket after 17.30 closing time. I had to clear up the back yard first after the day staff had wrecked it. Break down all the cardboard put it in the bins, break down all the roller cages ready to go back on the lorry then sweep it. Everyday after school, I left it spotless. Once the yard was done I had to sweep the shopfloor ready for the outside contract cleaners who mopped and buffed it. I used a wide broom and pressed down hard to drive out all the grime. The guy in charge of the cleaners said he barely needed to mop it I was so good.
I then worked all day Saturday on the Fruit and Veg dept.
The produce manager left and based on my efforts the store manager offered me the position at age 16. By 19 I was assistant store manager.
I started as a shit shoveller clearing up after lazy idiots who just lobbed their rubbish out the back door and became the manager disciplining those who did it.

The players shouldn't get to decide they want their manager sacked . If they try to engineer it, they should be dropped then sold.
Hugo is a winner and called them a disgrace.Jose is a winner and calls them out.
well he lost to dinamo. Winners dont lose to dinamo.
I dont care what he achieved with other teams who could spend billions, all I care for are the results here and then we go back to dinamo.

My first job was to clear up a supermarket after 17.30 closing time. I had to clear up the back yard first after the day staff had wrecked it. Break down all the cardboard put it in the bins, break down all the roller cages ready to go back on the lorry then sweep it. Everyday after school, I left it spotless. Once the yard was done I had to sweep the shopfloor ready for the outside contract cleaners who mopped and buffed it. I used a wide broom and pressed down hard to drive out all the grime. The guy in charge of the cleaners said he barely needed to mop it I was so good.
I then worked all day Saturday on the Fruit and Veg dept.
The produce manager left and based on my efforts the store manager offered me the position at age 16. By 19 I was assistant store manager.
I started as a shit shoveller clearing up after lazy idiots who just lobbed their rubbish out the back door and became the manager disciplining those who did it.
The things you describe were part of the job description.

The things I was referring to (in response to PY's post) such as running errands and making teas, weren't.

There's no right or wrong here I'd add.

I refused, at any point in my working life, to be an errand boy or get teas for anybody. Needless to say I didn't get very far in those 'careers'.

Then again, until I started working for myself, I was never happy at work anyway.
Ok fair play Gary, but it was the done thing by junior apprentices, 1st years, then you move on, I did it in the forces, my oppos did it in civvy street, it was the way things were, so just on your train of thought, for a short time I was an "Errand Boy", retired young, 55, security, financially sound, so never did me any harm, the times I suppose.

Well Pochettino certainly hurt their performance as well.

This is a naffing witch hunt.

I am really genuinely baffled what you're seeing from Jose that makes you stick up for him so much... or rather get on defensive when people point out fairly obvious flaws?

I'm often on the same side of the argument as you but you seem to have done a complete 180 on Poch and are backing Jose to the hilt despite us being more inconsistent than we were under any manager for years.

Is it just that you back the manager in situ til they're not? or you're looking at his past success and thinking it's us that's the problem if he can't replicate it? Or something else?

I am really genuinely baffled what you're seeing from Jose that makes you stick up for him so much... or rather get on defensive when people point out fairly obvious flaws?

I'm often on the same side of the argument as you but you seem to have done a complete 180 on Poch and are backing Jose to the hilt despite us being more inconsistent than we were under any manager for years.

Is it just that you back the manager in situ til they're not? or you're looking at his past success and thinking it's us that's the problem if he can't replicate it? Or something else?

1) Yes, Mourinho's here, he's ours until he isn't.

2) I will never get over Pochettino not starting Moura in the CL final. Ever.

3) I am far from convinced by our senior management team.

4) Covid is a massive factor in what is happening.

5) If the media is on the bandwagon it's probably wrong. No one deserves the bullshit they spew.

6) I am a natural contrarian. :dev:

The players shouldn't get to decide they want their manager sacked . If they try to engineer it, they should be dropped then sold.
Hugo is a winner and called them a disgrace.Jose is a winner and calls them out.

Teammate to teammate you can call anybody anything.

When you've seen your, manager, lie, cheat, manipulate and refuse to take the responsibility he should and instead chuck you or your teammates under the media bus, you deserve everything you get or don't get.

It's why the chav players got utterly sick of him and did they did and why when the senior players in the manure squad were asked about his behaviour they too came to the same conclusion; he was poison and wanted him gone.

The things you describe were part of the job description.

The things I was referring to (in response to PY's post) such as running errands and making teas, weren't.

There's no right or wrong here I'd add.

Not really, I did the job to completion and got paid 2 hours, sometimes it took longer. I took pride in what I was doing and got noticed.

Personally its not so much I am against Jose as I am the players for letting the club down.

Ok fair play Gary, but it was the done thing by junior apprentices, 1st years, then you move on, I did it in the forces, my oppos did it in civvy street, it was the way things were, so just on your train of thought, for a short time I was an "Errand Boy", retired young, 55, security, financially sound, so never did me any harm, the times I suppose.
As I said to Nick, PY, there's no right or wrong here. It's not a judgement call by me. Just my preference.

Personally its not so much I am against Jose as I am the players for letting the club down.

I guess you must believe that leaders or supposed leaders never get it wrong?

Get it wrong enough and eventually no one trusts your judgement, especially when you all know that he's not going to take any responsibility for his part and can't be trusted to do behave with a modicum of decency.

I believe in leadership where the buck stops with the decision-makers, not the oily rags. Negating your responsibility is an absolute no-no in my management book.

But I guess each to their own.

I guess you must believe that leaders or supposed leaders never get it wrong?

Get it wrong enough and eventually no one trusts your judgement, especially when you all know that he's not going to take any responsibility for his part and can't be trusted to do behave with a modicum of decency.

I believe in leadership where the buck stops with the decision-makers, not the oily rags. Negating your responsibility is an absolute no-no in my management book.

But I guess each to their own.

I used to work for a guy who said.....as long as my paycheck has Safeway written across the top, that's who I work for. The company. He disregarded personalities , dislikes or likes. He did his best for the company.

I used to work for a guy who said.....as long as my paycheck has Safeway written across the top, that's who I work for. The company. He disregarded personalities , dislikes or likes. He did his best for the company.

Corporate culture doesn't work in sporting teams, never has, never will. These players are millionaires, like it or not they need to believe and have faith in their coaches/managers - it's what you're taught from the day you join the academy of any decent club.

lose that, and you've lost everything.

2) I will never get over Pochettino not starting Moura in the CL final. Ever.

Aside from one game ALLL the evidence was that a 70% Harry Kane is more useful than a 100% Moura. Lucas consistently proved that the following season and until the last month was proving it this season too.

I get the emotional side, I really do. But if he'd had Kane on the bench and Lucas stunk up the place as he usually did at the time then people would have been calling for his neck for leaving Kane on the bench.

Anyway this has been debated to death, I just know Jose has done little to justify your loyalty from what I've seen.

All he has done for me is prove what I thought from the beginning and said as much .
I got put down for saying he is only a good coach when he has no limits on the transfer windows .
I was told he did good things with Porto .

.... nothing I’ve seen has changed my opinion !

Aside from one game ALLL the evidence was that a 70% Harry Kane is more useful than a 100% Moura. Lucas consistently proved that the following season and until the last month was proving it this season too.

I get the emotional side, I really do. But if he'd had Kane on the bench and Lucas stunk up the place as he usually did at the time then people would have been calling for his neck for leaving Kane on the bench.

Anyway this has been debated to death, I just know Jose has done little to justify your loyalty from what I've seen.

Kane and Moura should have played.

Anyway, my defense of Mourinho really is The Thin Blue Line. I am running out of "angles". So hopefully the cavalry comes charging over the hill in the form of good form.

Kane and Moura should have played.

Anyway, my defense of Mourinho really is The Thin Blue Line. I am running out of "angles". So hopefully the cavalry comes charging over the hill in the form of good form.

Was definitely my conclusion at the time. In that heat and humidity we should have held Son back and thrown his fresh legs at them in the second half. Kane should have started and Moura deserved to because of the semi-final.

Anyway, keep going. You're definitely entertaining us all with your "Jose IN" arguments. I'm starting to wonder whether there is a family connection and you're protecting one of your own :-)

Was definitely my conclusion at the time. In that heat and humidity we should have held Son back and thrown his fresh legs at them in the second half. Kane should have started and Moura deserved to because of the semi-final.

Anyway, keep going. You're definitely entertaining us all with your "Jose IN" arguments. I'm starting to wonder whether there is a family connection and you're protecting one of your own :-)
Hahaha! you have certainly have got your hat on muttley, family trees in Canada are certainly big with wide/long roots esp the Red Wood.

Hahaha! you have certainly have got your hat on muttley, family trees in Canada are certainly big with wide/long roots esp the Red Wood.

The mad thing is I had a Jose hat on when he joined. I preferred Rafa or Rodgers, but accepted that Jose was on the surface a decent choice.

It is amazing what you learn about someone when you get exposed to the full detail at your own club. When you get to put the daily clues together over a period of time.

That's why most of the time football forums are more insightful than the media. The media just dip in and out and only get part of the story. Obviously, the part that supports the narrative that makes them money. Fans don't have that angle.

Jose has been well and truly exposed in this role.