Aaron Ramsdale | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aaron Ramsdale

I’ll be happier when he starts collecting crosses and dominating his area and also starts pushing shots away from the danger area instead of back into it (holding onto some would be good but it doesn’t appear to be a thing anymore) but he has made big improvements during the season I’m backing him cos he’s the best we’ve got and as has been said he’s really young for a keeper so time is on his side

2 are from this year, 2021, one the 22nd Jan, one the 11th Feb.
You are right about ONE set being from early in the season, 24/9 biut here's the same one from 22nd March- and he's still 20th out of 20

https://www.90min.com/posts/all-20-premier-league-goalkeepers-2020-21-ranked

The most recent, Feb 11, has him 20th out of 23.
if you find that controversial and justifies calling me a clown for that then so be it MHMF.

If only we were on your special subject, SWFC and crowds, then you'd be much more at home in your very own special circus ring wher not only are you the ring master but the favourite clown too.
Must be sad calling yourself a Blade and continually rubbishing the club and players. If you don't like Ramsdale then just put him out of your thoughts. I know you want to get a big reputation as Mr Controversy, but you are just a silly, boring joke.

ps I love slagging the Pigs, sorry it offends you, rather slag them than MY team.

Must be sad calling yourself a Blade and continually rubbishing the club and players. If you don't like Ramsdale then just put him out of your thoughts. I know you want to get a big reputation as Mr Controversy, but you are just a silly, boring joke.

ps I love slagging the Pigs, sorry it offends you, rather slag them than MY team.
Owd TT seems to have a big dislike of Keepers be they footballers or Cricketers(Jonny Bairstow being the exception)Mahatma but like us all he's entitled to his views.That was a big shock result from S6 yesterday wasn't it.UTB

Rammers has defo improved a lot Twirls but he isn't a gr8 keeper yet in my opinion.He's a very good shot stopper and he was at academy level for us but to be a gr8 keeper he needs to boss his box better.Of course in keeper terms he's still very much a novice and at least he's shut the negative comments up for a bit.Well done Rammers.UTB
Did you see the diving catch v Leeds.....surprised me did that. He will be good.

Owd TT seems to have a big dislike of Keepers be they footballers or Cricketers(Jonny Bairstow being the exception)Mahatma but like us all he's entitled to his views.That was a big shock result from S6 yesterday wasn't it.UTB
Strange results at this time of the season. Who would have thought Wycombe would beat Toytown 3-0. Worst thing about this is it's bumped up their GD and this could have a big effect on relegation. Nice to hear the Parkgate Pig found his phone and called Footy Heaven :LOL:.

Grow up MHMF.

Or just stop being red&white blind and call a player for their faults.Put him out of my thoughts?What a load of tosh. He plays for us, he's not been up to standard but support him blindly because he plays for us anyway?

There's plenty on here pointing out weaknesses and areas for improvement. Should they just shut up too?

Your viewpoint is so immature as to be meaningles.Sticks and stones supporter . My dad's bigger than your dad.
We all like a laugh at the expense of our rivals and I'm one of the 1st to do so but to ignore our own shortcomings, never to crriticise a player because they play for us is junior school playground stuff.

R/dale has improved over this season, we've all seen that but by your criteria he's both got better but was great before anyway?????????????

As for the controversy bit I don't see where you're coming from and, if you disagree then come back with reasoned, logical arguments. Calling me a clown for not blindly supporting anything red & white says so much more about you and your thought processes, about your ability to construct a response.

You are expressing your OPINION . I am expressing mine. Difference is, on this issue , mine is backed up by the stats I posted.
If that's too controversial for you then I reckon you'd be more at home on NKT- which, coincidentally(?) is where you get the base of most of your points from anyway.

I love GOOD keepers Rod. It's an art.Plenty can dive around looking flash but not many can do that job well with class.
Hodgy, Banks, Jimmy Binks, Alan Knott - all of them superbly tidy, not flash, not showmen but fast hands, anticipation, skill and 'safe'.

Given those examples and skill set should help you realise why I criticise others

Never saw hodgey play so best keeper I’ve seen is Alan Kelly head and shoulders above anything else there’s a few that preferred Tracey but he was another one that used to push it back into the danger zone (that’s how Paul Walsh got his hat trick against us at WHL every one a tap in)
hopefully rammers will get to their level in time

Never saw hodgey play so best keeper I’ve seen is Alan Kelly head and shoulders above anything else there’s a few that preferred Tracey but he was another one that used to push it back into the danger zone (that’s how Paul Walsh got his hat trick against us at WHL every one a tap in)
I only saw Hodgey towards the end of his career. He was a fine keeper but he wasn’t at his best by then then as my Dad often pointed out to me.

Kelly is the best long term keeper I’ve seen play for us but short term, I’ve never seen a succession of performances as good as Mel Rees put in for us. The guy was breathtaking, virtually unbeatable. No way would Leeds have won the title at our place if he hadn’t been hobbling.

Good call Bully. AK should have been in my list but I was going a bit further back with my examples.

He had what I describe as 'soft hands' i.e kept hold of the ball, smothered it when he was catching it on the ground. Rarely pushed it away

Good call Bully. AK should have been in my list but I was going a bit further back with my examples.

He had what I describe as 'soft hands' i.e kept hold of the ball, smothered it when he was catching it on the ground. Rarely pushed it away

I think the new way of training is the continental way these days - I'm shocked when a keeper dives and catches a ball.
Hodgy was great but only got 5 caps(?) being kept out of the England team by the
more flamboyant keeper from that other place.

I think the new way of training is the continental way these days - I'm shocked when a keeper dives and catches a ball.
Hodgy was great but only got 5 caps(?) being kept out of the England team by the
more flamboyant keeper from that other place.
True Chips- the modern way- lots of talk about how the ball moves,comes at you faster etc so they go to block it rather than catch it.
To me , if you can punch it or block it with 2 hands, then 90% of the time, unless it comes at you from less than 5 or 6 yds , you can catch it.

If it were possible I'd love to see how an old keepr would deal with it these days because either the ball has changed so much or they've lowered their standards.

Just noticed the stats were from 6 months ago. Wonder what they'd be like now. I know some on here like to think they are being controversial, but really most are just a bunch of clowns.
correct pal lets see what they are today now as we speak ,but that will not matter what so ever cause nobody at all on here will say I WERE WRONG

I really like him and think he'll become a great keeper for us. He was always going to have top weight on from the off with some fans because of how good Henderson was for us, but I think Rambo's made of strong stuff and it's really started to show in recent months. Some keepers would have been destroyed playing behind our defence this season, but he's got stronger. One of the very few positives that I can think of this season.
TOP POST AND hits the nail on the head

correct pal lets see what they are today now as we speak ,but that will not matter what so ever cause nobody at all on here will say I WERE WRONG

He has improved, but has been pointed out he has a long way to go. Form improved since the pressure came off. Down to age maybe, but he will have the unenviable stat of 3 relegations in 3 seasons. Would we get our money back on him right now, no. Will he be worth more than 18 mill in the future, very possibly a couple of decent seasons could see that happen.

But, he needs to improve his feet, get them moving when the ball gets switched across the box, distribution, commanding his box and dominate on crosses into the 6. Lot of work still to do but his reflex saves are good.

Read back through the posts Twirls, I updated it to the most recent, MAR22nd 2021, and he was in the same position.Post No 18.

Some people will never admit when they're wrong even when they're given the evidence:cool:

WB sums it up in his 2nd para in the post above.

I've seen somewhere today that Leeds are being linked with a move for Rammers this summer.I'm well aware it's only a rumour and i'm not suggesting it will happen before anyone starts gobbin off.UTB

I've seen somewhere today that Leeds are being linked with a move for Rammers this summer.I'm well aware it's only a rumour and i'm not suggesting it will happen before anyone starts gobbin off.UTB
Saw that Rod.
Meslier must be going if true I would imagine.

impossible rodders cause all the england set ups ,eddie howe ,chris wilder and now bielser if true must be blind cause apparently rammers isnt much cop.