Today's League One Match Thread (05/04/2021) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Today's League One Match Thread (05/04/2021)

Can't argue with that set of results.

Charlton have a horrible run in. Hopefully we won't play them till the last couple of weeks.
May 4th is the spare Tuesday for both clubs
Would be some achievement if we’ve something still to play for by then
Uti

I think you'd have to say the top 5 look pretty well set. Then Charlton and Ipswich are the 2 that could go past us for 6th. Charlton have a tough run in, Ipswich have a poor squad. What are we capable of? I'd say avoiding defeat at Charlton along with 11/12 points from the other 8 games gets us 6th. Sounds easy?!

The mighty plastics of MK concrete cows couldn't see off the full strength non covid Crewe then!?. We should have took them on with either kids or just start with seven as some of them wanted!

It's not really worth considering the results of other teams now as all teams down to 12th are realistically in with a chance of making the playoffs.

We can only consider our own results and our poor run, like Doncaster's, means that we aren't even favourites to stay in the play-off positions... at the moment.

Everyone should now expect the worst and take the pressure off themselves. If it happens, it happens, and in any case preparation for next season can begin.

It's not really worth considering the results of other teams now as all teams down to 12th are realistically in with a chance of making the playoffs.

We can only consider our own results and our poor run, like Doncaster's, means that we aren't even favourites to stay in the play-off positions... at the moment.

Everyone should now expect the worst and take the pressure off themselves. If it happens, it happens, and in any case preparation for next season can begin.
Hear Hear.

I bet you're fun at parties. 🤣

I’m expecting us to lose every game, especially at home where we’ve been dreadful ... a point here and there will be a bonus.

I mean, seriously, I genuinely hope you right-wing "libertarian" sociopaths retreat to your gated and guarded compounds so the rest of us nornal folk don't have to deal with your antisocial psycopathy.

But we won't likely be full strength again this season

Being full strength is not really the norm for most teams. However being this far away from full strength is reasonably unusual I would imagine. The question isn't whether we can get back to full strength but rather how close to full strength can we get. And how quickly.

That was my view up until the covid outbreak. Results since then (in my opinion) mean only Charlton and Ipswich can go past us (realistically). We'll have had 2 weeks+ to get well and fit. No doubt we'll still be missing key players and some of those playing will not be 100%. But that will also be true of our rivals. I think we really needed a break mentally as much as anything. To my mind 12-15 points from 9 games gets us there. Very doable.

We are currently 6th favourites at 4/7 to make the top 6. For what it's worth Ipswich are next at 9/4.