How old does this make you feel? | Vital Football

How old does this make you feel?

Ancient. I'm 35, 36 in June and I remember feeling old when Stefan Moore became the first player younger than me to play for Villa. The next milestone was not too long ago when I realised that the grizzled old man of the team, Jedinak, was actually younger than me. Thankfully he still looks about 15 years older due to that beard.

Ancient. I'm 35, 36 in June and I remember feeling old when Stefan Moore became the first player younger than me to play for Villa. The next milestone was not too long ago when I realised that the grizzled old man of the team, Jedinak, was actually younger than me. Thankfully he still looks about 15 years older due to that beard.
When Stefan Moore broke through Jacob Ramsay was like 1 lol.

Wayne Rooney is three years younger than me, I remember his debut and hating the fact that someone younger than me was better than me at things..... now he's retired and I'm still slogging away 9-5. Then thinking that the villa kids that played Liverpool in the cup were 17ish and theoretically im old enough to be their father, I think I might have to give up on the dream of making it a a footballer

Took me a long time to accept that some players were younger than me. Now they all are.

At least Ibrahimovic is still older than me.

What does make me feel old is the constant talks with my dad that modern football leaves me cold and it was better 20 years (and more) ago.

Ha Ha!

I remember standing in the Holte End thinking "one day there will be a player younger than me".

Then one day thinking "blimey - they are all younger than me"

The final crushing moment comes when you realise the Manager and owners are younger than you :slap::lol::yes:
Funny you say that but that is exactly how I've chartered my own ageing process in life. once the manager was younger than me I knew I was in trouble

Last edited: