The All New TV Thread | Page 233 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

I watched the Jack Charlton programme and found it very moving. The clips of Paul McGrath were very honest and revealing. I must say I hate the song about him, or at least aspects of it. The references to drinking always seem disrespectful to me.
Perhaps I'm too sensitive in that respect and am seeing offence where none exists. A matter of perception perhaps.

Finally!.

3rd series of Better Call Saul and its getting going. Slow up to this point so had a break but 3rd series has me hooked now.

I watched the Jack Charlton programme and found it very moving. The clips of Paul McGrath were very honest and revealing. I must say I hate the song about him, or at least aspects of it. The references to drinking always seem disrespectful to me.
Perhaps I'm too sensitive in that respect and am seeing offence where none exists. A matter of perception perhaps.

Amazing documentary. God himself put something out on Twitter positive about the programme.

I don’t like Andy Townsend these days - you’d never have known he’d played for Villa given he never seems to particularly like or talk about us - but he was actually quite blunt about Jack. I like honesty to a point, but he seems like the sort who needs a bit of love too much. I just don’t warm to him at all anymore (Andy T that is).

As for Jack, even with Man U affiliation, he was a great man. Always liked him personally during my lifetime of seeing him off the pitch.

Amazing documentary. God himself put something out on Twitter positive about the programme.

I don’t like Andy Townsend these days - you’d never have known he’d played for Villa given he never seems to particularly like or talk about us - but he was actually quite blunt about Jack. I like honesty to a point, but he seems like the sort who needs a bit of love too much. I just don’t warm to him at all anymore (Andy T that is).

As for Jack, even with Man U affiliation, he was a great man. Always liked him personally during my lifetime of seeing him off the pitch.

Funnily enough there was an interview with Townsend on the OS last week where he was saying how much he loved his time with us and always loves coming back.

Anyway it was a great programme and a tough watch for me as those clips of Charlton in his last year were exactly how my Dad was with his dementia even down to the was he shuffled when he was walking.

On the back of that I have started reading Charlton's autobiography which is pretty much as blunt as you could imagine , and it's a really interesting read.

Seaspiracy - watched this last night.

A young, British filmmaker who exposes some of the (apparent) doomsday activities going on in our seas from over fishing, pollution of the seas mainly being due to fishing nets, through to people smuggling and murders in the ocean.

On the one hand, some eye opening facts and theories as to what might happen. It’s very emotive and persuasive, and fair play to the bloke and his wife/girlfriend for putting themselves in some dangerous situations to expose some detail.

On the other, it’s all very one sided - I need to see something about fishing that is more objective to the reality of the situation to make a decision on the situation. For example, at the end they spoke about a company using the algae on marine plants to make omega3 - apparently more sustainable - not if the whole world starts eating the algae directly and starving the fish.

The thing that annoyed me, he spoke too quickly which if he had spoke slower, would’ve had a much greater impact.

It’s worth a watch though, a few eye opening topics.

Funnily enough there was an interview with Townsend on the OS last week where he was saying how much he loved his time with us and always loves coming back.

Fair enough, I can’t remember the last time I went on the OS to be honest, but I haven’t seen anything like that over the years. I have heard presenters bring up AT’s Villa days and he seems to skirt over it quickly, perhaps that’s his job to remain objective and it’s better for his new career.

Fair enough, I can’t remember the last time I went on the OS to be honest, but I haven’t seen anything like that over the years. I have heard presenters bring up AT’s Villa days and he seems to skirt over it quickly, perhaps that’s his job to remain objective and it’s better for his new career.

Yes I have never heard him speak about us either , but the interview was to do with the League Cup anniversary .It was a decent listen.

Townsend is a funny one. He doesn't seem to have a bad word to say about us when compared to other pundits who take the easy dig route, yet by the same token he rarely ever seems to acknowledge his time or talk about enjoying it lol

Maybe he is just genuinely trying to play it unbiased. I've not heard him talk about Chelsea either I don't think?

Flight Attendant could be quite interesting getting back on topic.

Irregulars - it's a Sherlock Holmes-y thing but Mr Holmes isn't in it. Instead it's about a bunch of multi-racial street kids investigating supernatural occurrences in London. I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes but I don't like this one.

Perhaps Andy is one of the few that take impartiallity in his job seriously, unlike a few scousers and mancs that I can think of.

Last edited:
Irregulars - it's a Sherlock Holmes-y thing but Mr Holmes isn't in it. Instead it's about a bunch of multi-racial street kids investigating supernatural occurrences in London. I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes but I don't like this one.

Ha, just came into the thread to say I'm enjoying this!

With that said, I'm consigned to my sofa at the moment so having to watch things to pass the time.

But quite like it, not really a Sherlock Holmes-y thing though, I agree, wouldn't be a loss if Holmes and Watson weren't mentioned at all really.

Ha, just came into the thread to say I'm enjoying this!

With that said, I'm consigned to my sofa at the moment so having to watch things to pass the time.

But quite like it, not really a Sherlock Holmes-y thing though, I agree, wouldn't be a loss if Holmes and Watson weren't mentioned at all really.

I think I just got the hump with it because I thought it was Sherlock Holmes and it isn't.

I think I just got the hump with it because I thought it was Sherlock Holmes and it isn't.

Yes, really don't get why they sort of just threw that reference in. It was, as you say, nothing at all to do with Holmes. It got a bit of a stretch in the end, not good enough for a second season, but think it was a hit so no doubt they'll be back.

Remarkable Places To Eat. Really good for foodies. Last nights was set in the New Forest, goodness the food looked good!