The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

I can’t think of a better reader of the game, a more composed player positionally, and better ball player than Konsa this season. Last season he was good, but we were 20th in every defensive stat going so I wouldn’t have argued it, but this season he’s absolutely deserving of it more so than Dier and a few others (including one of our own).

I think it was 57 who said he had an air of McGrath about him. For me, his style is perfect for England and even just defensively his stats are exceptional. A player who has barely been dribbled around all season is what you need at international level.

I agree with the “last ditch defenders” get noticed more, and also defenders who have bad games who get noticed - then rebound back having some great games, get doubly noticed because some tit like Danny Mills has done a roller coaster of emotion as to how good or bad they are in a matter of weeks. Konsa doesn’t need analysing because you know what you’re going to get and it’s always 8/10.

England call up or not he's been one of the best in the league since the restart and for 15m an absolute steal.

Him and Mings are the best Villa cb partnership since the unfortunately few occasions that Mellberg and Laursen played together. They compliment each other perfectly.

Absolutely zero respect or faith in Southgate. He has absolutely no clue what he is doing.
Great for Ollie, fair play will do him the world of good.
But does he deserves it ?
Not for me Jeff.
Not when players like Konsa who are bordering on player of the season, getting plaudits from outside the club and deserve it more get ignored by that imbecile . Exacerbated by the fact he included Dier ahead of Konsa.

The national team and squad has digressed into giving caps out like confetti. The inclusion of Ollie is more about the paucity of England striking options than his actual level in my humble . I still scratch my head at seeing Rickie Lambert in an England shirt. Sums it up.

Shambolic Konsa has been overlooked. Konsa is a top up and coming talent and he gets overlooked because he’s not at one of the fashionable clubs. Dier for example is not good enough and only gets a game because he’s at Spurs.

I think Konsa goes under the radar because he’s not a last gasp defender, which is usually the sign of a poor player (like Dier). You tend to not notice him because he just deals with everything in such a calm and composed way. Probably more proof Southgate is a garbage manager that he hasn’t noticed his talent but instead selects 3 right backs and plonkers like Dier
Well put Sir, I concur.

Absolutely zero respect or faith in Southgate. He has absolutely no clue what he is doing.
Great for Ollie, fair play will do him the world of good.
But does he deserves it ?
Not for me Jeff.
Not when players like Konsa who are bordering on player of the season, getting plaudits from outside the club and deserve it more get ignored by that imbecile . Exacerbated by the fact he included Dier ahead of Konsa.

The national team and squad has digressed into giving caps out like confetti. The inclusion of Ollie is more about the paucity of England striking options than his actual level in my humble . I still scratch my head at seeing Rickie Lambert in an England shirt. Sums it up.

Compared to the competition, Ollie's getting in for the right reasons. Southgate thinks he has an exciting future. So do I and many people. Getting him used to the system is a good idea.

Konsa has to wait simply because there are a lot of options for that position. His time will come.

Compared to the competition, Ollie's getting in for the right reasons. Southgate thinks he has an exciting future. So do I and many people. Getting him used to the system is a good idea.

Konsa has to wait simply because there are a lot of options for that position. His time will come.

Eric Dier is not an option and the whole world can see it apart from the utterly pointless Southgate.

I'm selfishly happy that we are not wasting Ezri on England.
I just had a chuckle reading some of the welcome posts from when he first joined us.

Eric Dier is not an option and the whole world can see it apart from the utterly pointless Southgate.
Something about Dier that really winds me up (apart from the fact that he's not very good). When he was deployed as a holding midfielder and kept losing the ball and slowing the game down he stated that it wasn't his natural position and that he is a centre-back. Yet as a centre-back he's arguably worse.
If, in the medium-to-long term he continues to keep Konsa out of the squad it will be akin to the 70's/80's when Wilkins, Hoddle, Brooking et al were keeping Sir Dennis of Mortimer out.....

IF we wanted to sell, Levy would not go above £2.5m. Remember he wouldn't pay the £25m we wanted for Jack. He still has the begging bowl out for the Bale loan deal. :rofl: