The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was yes did you miss him signing the 5-year deal, are we going to get this every summer until he's 30 and nobody will want him anyway?

What should happen is SJ starts for England this summer at the Euros and the whole world wakes up to what we have known for years and the real big players like Real will be linked with him rather than these stupid Manure and Spuds links.

What will happen is Southgate will play his love children instead of SJ and the stupid Manure and Spuds links will continue and SJ will as we keep saying GO NOWHERE.

Love how Tammy starts the Deano chants, Surely he’s a player we need to think about bringing back, It’s just a tough one how to manage Ollie and Tammy in the same side, do you change formation to play them together or do you bring Grealish into the centre send Ollie out LW (he’ll get more shots there anyway) and play Tammy upfront being the bigger target man.

I think we should be aiming higher than Tammy Abraham if we need to improve on Watkins. I think Ollie is far superior all-around footballer. Tammy is a goal poacher A six-yard, predator who just happens to be 6ft3in he's not a target man he does next to nothing outside the 6 yard box I see more Darren Bent every time I see him for Chelsea.
Not for me Jeff, not at the prices and wages Chelsea will talk, give me Ollie any day

The big money needs to be spent on a couple of top class wide men and a midfielder.

I would also like to see us signing a really good, young lb to challenge Targett and another cb to replace Engels who will surely leave.

I think we'll see Engels, Steer, Heaton, Trezeguet AEG, Taylor, Elmo, Freddy, Davis all leave either permanently or on loan.

The big money needs to be spent on a couple of top class wide men and a midfielder.

I would also like to see us signing a really good, young lb to challenge Targett and another cb to replace Engels who will surely leave.

I think we'll see Engels, Steer, Heaton, Trezeguet AEG, Taylor, Elmo, Freddy, Davis all leave either permanently or on loan.

I don't think we'll see both Steer AND Heaton leave. I also expect Freddie to stay after his loan.

It was yes did you miss him signing the 5-year deal, are we going to get this every summer until he's 30 and nobody will want him anyway?
We will this summer definitely, we will either improve his contract or he will go as I think an offer(s) will be here this time

I think we should be aiming higher than Tammy Abraham if we need to improve on Watkins. I think Ollie is far superior all-around footballer. Tammy is a goal poacher A six-yard, predator who just happens to be 6ft3in he's not a target man he does next to nothing outside the 6 yard box I see more Darren Bent every time I see him for Chelsea.
Not for me Jeff, not at the prices and wages Chelsea will talk, give me Ollie any day
Really liked Tammy but we have moved on with Watkins who has great potential too. Watkins has a desire to improve whilst Tammy to be honest has stagnated a bit by being in and out of favour at Chelsea. A year ago I’d have taken Tammy but now I’m not so sure... personally I’d keep Ollie as our #1 striker and put the money towards more creative support players instead.

I don't think we'll see both Steer AND Heaton leave. I also expect Freddie to stay after his loan.

Heaton is coming to the end of his career and he'll want to play every week somewhere. He's certainly good enough to be a premier league keeper still.

Steer needs to go be a number 1 somewhere. He must be in his late 20s now and he's probably played less than 100 games.

Yeah I think if we move both Guilbert and Elmo on we’ve got to find a new back up full back which could be tricky. Maybe Kane Kessler will be promoted but that’s a bit of a gamble. Same for Heaton and Steer, one will surely leave but not both - I reckon Heaton might stay as he’s probably on a good contract and with his injuries and age he might be happy to sit back a little

Heaton is coming to the end of his career and he'll want to play every week somewhere. He's certainly good enough to be a premier league keeper still.

Steer needs to go be a number 1 somewhere. He must be in his late 20s now and he's probably played less than 100 games.

Jed has played 18 games for us in 8 seasons, 16 of those were in the Championship run-in He'll be 29 next season, he's our longest serving player I think and played 18 games for us. Depends what he wants really, nice working environment decent wages and 3rd choice at Villa or probably less wages and a first-team spot at a shit hole club in the lower leagues. He may be quite settled in the area now and not want to go grovelling in mud just for the sake of being a first-teamer. We forget they don't know anything but football and it's a job to them sometimes. I bet he's on 1m season 20k a week not bad if you think about it

Last edited:

So Conor is staying. Yep, I'll go for that :grinning:

The Engels situation is a strange one. If Konsa was injured then I'd be quite happy for him to step in. He's probably the most effective CB at set pieces at the opposition end. He's as solid a defender as any of them, even if he's slower up the pitch. But he's always going to be second fiddle to Konsa. Is he happy with that? If we expand the squad depth he could be useful in cup runs. I can't see us getting anyone better as backup to Konsa or as a replacement to Konsa.

Of the others, I can see us keeping Steer, AEG and Freddie. Especially if we are looking at decent cup runs. Davis needs to play somewhere else, whether it's loan or whatever. Heaton I'm not sure about. If he can get number 1 somewhere he'll go.

That's the modus operandi of a 3rd choice keeper, it's nothing new

I‘d have Tammy back no problem. He is the better forward than Ollie and has been so far in his career . 2 years younger than Ollie and yet has more top flight games and goals, played for England and champions league football and been prolific in the championship.
Really is no contest. Ollie has a long way to go to catch up.

I‘d have Tammy back no problem. He is the better forward than Ollie and has been so far in his career . 2 years younger than Ollie and yet has more top flight games and goals, played for England and champions league football and been prolific in the championship.
Really is no contest. Ollie has a long way to go to catch up.
Not in terms of the system we play. Ollie is an absolute keystone of how we play our way up the park. Tammy, in the nicest possible way, is just a boot or a head on the end of a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.