The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

I may be in a minority but I hope he gets ten minutes and that's it. The boy needs a rest. I was actually hoping the international break would give him that, and then old big nose has to go and spoil it.....

I may be in a minority but I hope he gets ten minutes and that's it. The boy needs a rest. I was actually hoping the international break would give him that, and then old big nose has to go and spoil it.....

I think the buzz would do him better to be honest. I get the point though, at best I don't want him to get over 90 minutes in total and as already said, he shouldn't be playing a part against Poland so he does get more of a break that way anyway.

In all honesty it’s a pointless game and he is better off training with the squad rather than playing in this utter joke of a match . Will learn far more .

In all honesty it’s a pointless game and he is better off training with the squad rather than playing in this utter joke of a match . Will learn far more .

I think he could learn a lot from Harry Kane like how to make a back to foul defenders, how to go down holding your leg as if you've been shot, How to generally be a cheat but also be England captain and come out squeaky clean.
Seriously on the football side ie scoring goals he's no Harry Kane there either is he, as much as we want him to be. Kane will play when fit and in meaningful games.
Just as Jack won't get a look in it will be Rashford, Sterling and Mount. Despite the BCC poll that put Jack in as the first choice to play alongside Kane in the summer

well i dont think he is good enough just yet to play for england he misses too many chances and is still learning the strikers job because he was a winger to start with and only became a striker to fill a void at brentford

There are a few in the squad just to make up the numbers e.g. Sam Johnstone, Bellingham and Watkins you could argue, none of them deserve England caps yet, evidence of the state of affairs maybe

There are a few in the squad just to make up the numbers e.g. Sam Johnstone, Bellingham and Watkins you could argue, none of them deserve England caps yet, evidence of the state of affairs maybe
Over the years England caps have been dished out like confetti, completely devalued. We are almost at the stage where if I was a bit younger I would fancy my chances of getting in the England squad.

Over the years England caps have been dished out like confetti, completely devalued. We are almost at the stage where if I was a bit younger I would fancy my chances of getting in the England squad.
Every generation gets to say this at some point. Steve Bull, Carlton Palmer, Nicky Barmby, Francis Jeffers all part of the same conversation.

We've probably got the most exciting group of creative attacking players in my lifetime. More a shame about the manager scared of his own shadow.