Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky | Page 33 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky

To be fair that’s hardly a bad haul over the full season. But looking at our run in it’s certainly not a nice one and if we don’t get our act together we will struggle to pick up many points from here at all

yep we'd have taken 50 points before the season started but not after halfway this season, we'd gone from CL form to bottom 4 form in 12 games

This is the match thread, people are talking about this match. Why are people being so precious?

It was a shite match, if it had been a good match, or a great match, the posts would match it.

We've done this 20 years, it has never been different. It is football.

Some are talking about this match. That's not a problem. But yes, it's never been different.

Why shouldn't they, we are already overachieving and now we're balancing out.

Rome wasn't built in a day and they can't already be on the beach otherwise all of us wouldn't be talking about games we could've won (that we lost or drew) had one shot been more comfortably placed.

Going from lights off and winding up orders...what's wrong with midtable this year as a foundation for better next?

The way some talk, we are six years down the line, one billion in the red on transfer spend with a squad of 30 who would be guaranteed starters for every other side in the league.
we get that mike but this is the match thread

Not at the moment no . But its a long season and you have peaks and troughs.

And it's still w, l, d, d l for those who look at the five game chart. And that should really have an extra w in it if Ollie buries his second Newcastle chance.

I'm not after the start we had, very disappointed, we need to stop the slide and soon or the good start will count for nothing

Agreed but surely someone of your age and experience didn't get carried away with that . If the form was reversed and we had started poorly and were flying now it would be a totally different feel , but the points tally would still be the same.

Hi there, first post on here. Thanks to the admin for the approval. I've been lurking on this site for many years and it's been somewhat therapeutic during the long slog it is supporting this club. Special mention to Villan57, I was posting on here briefly during the MON days and I seem to remember we shared the same opinion on Nigel Reo-Coker and we used to get stick for it. Seems like a good time to be joining as our season is petering out and the list of things to moan about increases 😉.

Agreed but surely someone of your age and experience didn't get carried away with that .

No, I'm not an optimist so I expect us to fail, but I'm not happy with the current form and if people are honest we are all gutted by this poor run. If we were playing good stuff and getting done I'd not be worried but the actual performances are just like last season before lockdown.

We've not been unlucky we've got what we deserved the last 10 or 12 games we have to finish the season on a high not reminiscing about the good start , we have to have the good finish and unless Jack can work his magic we don't look capable of turning it around