Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky

Not at the moment no . But its a long season and you have peaks and troughs.

Biggest fucking trough I’ve seen in a while, we’ve got consistency of playing poor, this feels more than a dip, the team is unrecognisable.

If we finish the season poorly and we’ve got the form of a relegation side then something needs to happen, I’d give Deano 2 more seasons with enough cash to get the players he wants in, we are still a side that’s building and I’m sure Deano is learning all the while and will learn from this.

I think this summer we won’t see El Ghazi, Trezeguet or even Traore as starters and if that’s not the case then I’d start losing faith myself as it’s clear these players wouldn’t make any top 10 team and there’s better wingers in the division below us the likes of Buendia, Olise, Sarr and Brooks, perhaps even Lookman who’s on loan to Fulham.

Our wingers are poor and that’s why we struggle to create anything, the fact our striker has created the second most chances behind Grealish is embarrassing.

KD has not had a chance. Sanson too early to judge. But apart from Watkins and Grealish, and our very good defence, we've seen the rest, and they've allen short. Most frustrating is Traore, who actually has the skill, and can work the occasional bit of magic. g. Neville described him - sloppy - in attitude and with the ball, far too often.

So with nothing really to play for as the Europe dream has gone, why not blood the kids and see what they can do. Play Davis and Ollie up top together to see what they can do.
Start scouring the planet for a winger who is like Tony Morley.

I think this is the problem people talking about CL and Europe they got a bit carried away with the hype was never happening., Fantastic start to the season then we've hit the wall including Deano. We've given ramsey some starts and he's been picked on , I'm not sure the others are ready but surely to god they must be better than Trez

Football isn’t about camps it’s about critiquing what you’re looking at and expressing your honest views. After watching our last now many performances and Dean’s inability to change things, standing with his fellow coaches looking clueless, I can’t believe he put that formation out this evening. Or last week or the week before. I just want him to try something different.

I see a lot of videos on instagram where we practice a load of text book routines, you know the sort, one-two, get it to the man wide, whips it in, Ollie tucks it away... not a defender in sight or someone trying to stop the ball except the goalie.

But they are so distant from the reality of how the game actually pans out that they are just a waste of time, if we can’t get into those positions.

We play some wonderful football at the back, I’ve never seen such a technically strong back 5. But we lack the next part to our game without jack, we desperately needed to find a better balance of attack down the right wing, yet in my opinion after a fair amount of game time, we haven’t got what we needed in Bert. Perhaps he’ll come good, but having one outlet isn’t good enough and you deserve to struggle in the form table if you are so reliant on one player.

Kane is a sly cheat mate , it made no difference to the result game was over when that first goal went in

They call it being professional these days. We have, sadly, a few in our team the same, I guess they have to be. Sad isn't it? Because you are quite right, it used to be called cheating.

But Cash was daft making contact tonight, in the modern rubbish game, it was a pen.

No disrespect to the forum but during games I would rather be glued to the match rather than reading and typing in the match thread. But I am bored by us at the moment and matches are just drifting to inevitable ends , especially when we concede first so i too drift away from matches.
Hate it.

Traore is everything I was told about him.

I actually don’t mind Traore, yes he’s frustrating and inconsistent but most wingers are. At least he has it in him to show a bit of quality or come up with a goal. Trez and El Ghazi on the other hand should be squad players at best.

Moving forward, for me, we need 1/2 central midfielders (depending on how Sanson settles) to play with Luiz, at least 1 winger and another option up front.

No disrespect to the forum but during games I would rather be glued to the match rather than reading and typing in the match thread. But I am bored by us at the moment and matches are just drifting to inevitable ends , especially when we concede first so i too drift away from matches.
Hate it.

Same, I often disappear during a game, as I become engrossed. But as you say, this was boring, the whole tempo was off, again.

Football isn’t about camps it’s about critiquing what you’re looking at and expressing your honest views. After watching our last now many performances and Dean’s inability to change things, standing with his fellow coaches looking clueless, I can’t believe he put that formation out this evening. Or last week or the week before. I just want him to try something different.
Yep when fans can see what will happen before KO because of the team selection and then it pans out before our eyes something is wrong very wrong. Keeps trying the same things and expecting different results is total stubbornness