Wrong man punished | Vital Football

Wrong man punished

Charliejoejohn2

Vital Squad Member
Darren Drysdale is free to officiate again after being given a backdated ban for improper conduct after his clash with Ipswich player Alan Judge.

Darren Drysdale is free to officiate again after being given a backdated ban for improper conduct after his clash with Ipswich player Alan Judge.
At a hearing, an independent regulatory commission was told Judge swore at Drysdale and described him as "cheating" and "bald".

Why anybody would want to be a football referee has always amazed me. Every match they get dogs abuse from players and fans and I'm not convinced the cash they receive would make it worth while. Souness suggesting ex players would improve the referee's pool, is amusing at best, what ex pro would bother, not worth the abuse.

Bald refs lives matter.

Bit of storm in a teacup. Mouthy little Irishman Judge winds him up and gets a card, it's not like he chinned him. Some of the corrupt officiating at the top of the game is far more worthy of investigation.

Hope he's well rewarded for having to listen to these ignorant, abusive toerags
£38.500- £42,000 plus £600 per game, circa £62k per year for a night and an afternoon's work 40 weeks a year.

PL- same basic plus £1.150 per game so ,say, 30 games, circa 75k per year equals 30 add afternoons/ evenings work plus mandatory attendance at VAR training courses -1/2 day inc travelling, breaks, lunch, blindfold fitting and a chat with your mates.

£38.500- £42,000 plus £600 per game, circa £62k per year for a night and an afternoon's work 40 weeks a year.

PL- same basic plus £1.150 per game so ,say, 30 games, circa 75k per year equals 30 add afternoons/ evenings work plus mandatory attendance at VAR training courses -1/2 day inc travelling, breaks, lunch, blindfold fitting and a chat with your mates.

I could do a better job sat in my armchair.

Don’t forget the free dog

Refs need a body cam recorder. And VAR should only be used to catch the cheats.

Last edited: